Margaret Dale - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

See also:

Related forum thread:

Last edited:
Re:

Not as ashamed as your parents should be.

Just in case anyone is wondering Skylarker is here and he's talking and saying some really edgy, laissez faire things because that's how he rolls because he's so goddam cool. So please if we could all direct our attention towards Skylarker that would be awesome.

Re:

Someone died here. Can we have some respect? Come on.

P.

She killed herself. She was not murdered, she did not die of cancer. She did not pass away in an accident. She brought it on herself, she did it to herself, and she could have chosen to be strong and get through life, though it may sometimes suck. But instead, she wimped out. Sorry, I don't respect that nor do I feel sympathy. Many people have hard lives, have severe depression, whatever. They find the strength to carry on, work, support themselves, take pleasure and find solace in friends, art, drugs, what have you.

And if she were being laid to rest at a cemetery down the road I would have total respect for her family and friends at the service and not get involved. This is no such place...this is a public forum, a web forum about a has-been pop star who daily spouts vitriol that makes anything said here seem like cotton candy....one of the most caustic, bitter, compassionless men (and I use that term with great elasticity) ever to exist.

The fake piety here makes me ill.

Anyone who commits suicide is desperate, and most likely would have done so, even if Morrissey had never existed. If you have never suffered from severe depression, you could not possibly understand the utter hell each day brings. Morrissey took the time to say farewell to a devoted fan, and that is touching. As for his final comments about the media, I think that he is just trying to illustrate how frustrating and hopeless the world feels to many of us; after all, isn't that one of the reasons that we feel connected to him, because he can articulate the pain that we feel, and because he understands us better than the people around us who keep saying "cheer up". Morrissey has his own emotional problems, and while he may not always word his sentiments as tactfully as he should, I believe that his farewell to Margaret was sincere. The bigger concern here is the horrendous comments that are being made on this thread. Someone has died, someone is gone forever. Out of respect for her family, please stop this inhumane behavior. This lack of consideration and concern for our fellow human beings is one of the issues that Morrissey tries to illuminate. Please, please, please try to be kind to each other.

this thread has got some new lows for even this site :eek: keep up the good work people :rolleyes:
as to my thoughts on Morrissey's statement, props to him for saying anything at all about her passing :o
now about arguing the particulars regarding what he said?
:crazy:

Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

I think one of the most telling things in this statement is that Morrissey gets his news from AOL.

I think one of the most telling things in this statement is that Morrissey gets his news from AOL.

They have a pretty rotating splash page. :p

Re:

She killed herself. She was not murdered, she did not die of cancer. She did not pass away in an accident. She brought it on herself, she did it to herself, and she could have chosen to be strong and get through life, though it may sometimes suck. But instead, she wimped out. Sorry, I don't respect that nor do I feel sympathy. Many people have hard lives, have severe depression, whatever. They find the strength to carry on, work, support themselves, take pleasure and find solace in friends, art, drugs, what have you.

And if she were being laid to rest at a cemetery down the road I would have total respect for her family and friends at the service and not get involved. This is no such place...this is a public forum, a web forum about a has-been pop star who daily spouts vitriol that makes anything said here seem like cotton candy....one of the most caustic, bitter, compassionless men (and I use that term with great elasticity) ever to exist.

The fake piety here makes me ill.

Fake?

When you are in your cold, cold grave, you may not care less. Some of us liked Margaret. Is that too hard to understand?

So some people are weak - we all are.

Don't tell me this isn't the place to remember her. It's one of several.

Be nice.

P.

Last edited:
Did you even read the statement?
"there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't."

Again. How do u know he is talking about suicide. He could have been referring her life in general and the countless traveling and her devotions. Do u have OBIT?? U dumb moron. I know what really happend.!! Know personally. Her a life of your own

Again. How do u know he is talking about suicide. He could have been referring her life in general and the countless traveling and her devotions. Do u have OBIT?? U dumb moron. I know what really happend.!! Know personally. Her a life of your own

f*** right off with that shit, you ignoramus.

Anyone who commits suicide is desperate, and most likely would have done so, even if Morrissey had never existed. If you have never suffered from severe depression, you could not possibly understand the utter hell each day brings. Morrissey took the time to say farewell to a devoted fan, and that is touching. As for his final comments about the media, I think that he is just trying to illustrate how frustrating and hopeless the world feels to many of us; after all, isn't that one of the reasons that we feel connected to him, because he can articulate the pain that we feel, and because he understands us better than the people around us who keep saying "cheer up". Morrissey has his own emotional problems, and while he may not always word his sentiments as tactfully as he should, I believe that his farewell to Margaret was sincere. The bigger concern here is the horrendous comments that are being made on this thread. Someone has died, someone is gone forever. Out of respect for her family, please stop this inhumane behavior. This lack of consideration and concern for our fellow human beings is one of the issues that Morrissey tries to illuminate. Please, please, please try to be kind to each other.

I think suicide over depression and such is a very First World thing. I can understand someone racked with pain from an uncureable cancer deciding to end the pain, but not someone who doesn't think life is turning out the way they imagined it should.
I am not directing this at Margaret Dale; i know nothing of her or her circumstances; I am speaking generally on the subject of suicide.
If suicide is the way to go, half of the worlds population, that is in poverty, in India and China should be offing themselves because they have no hope at all in this world and no one will miss them in the grand scheme of things.
If you are depressed, speak to someone and tell them you need help.

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) to talk to a counselor at a Lifeline crisis center near you.
http://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/GetHelp/LifelineChat2.aspx

I did not know Margaret, but Morrissey's message is beautiful and heart-wrenching. A person who most of you don't remember from decades ago on the old bitchy Smiths e-mail lists also left this unhappy planet in 2011. George Ryan, Jr. The dude who calls himself BoyAfrica or something along those lines probably remembers him because they used to get in arguments.

I do believe that Morrissey was sincere.

Some of the comments here are vile. Posters should be required to log in.

I think suicide over depression and such is a very First World thing. I can understand someone racked with pain from an uncureable cancer deciding to end the pain, but not someone who doesn't think life is turning out the way they imagined it should.
I am not directing this at Margaret Dale; i know nothing of her or her circumstances; I am speaking generally on the subject of suicide.
If suicide is the way to go, half of the worlds population, that is in poverty, in India and China should be offing themselves because they have no hope at all in this world and no one will miss them in the grand scheme of things.
If you are depressed, speak to someone and tell them you

Years ago I heard a radio interview with a doctor who had just returned from three years working in Nairobi. He was relating the assorted issues and diseases they faced there, and was asked about issues of mental health and particularly depression there. He said he had not had a single case in the time he was there and knew of no cases reported from colleagues. He said the people were "too busy living".

Morrissey's statement would have been tasteful without the reference to the front page of AOL, while with it it becomes another tedious attack on a celebrity culture he has striven all his adult life to be a part of.

Re:

But when Reagan died, Morrissey said it should have been Bush who died. So if it's OK for Morrissey to say something like that, it's OK for me.

Be consistent, you wimp.

You made the ultimate derogatory statement about Morrissey and now you must be killed. :mad:

Last edited:
Re:

But when Reagan died, Morrissey said it should have been Bush who died. So if it's OK for Morrissey to say something like that, it's OK for me.

Be consistent, you wimp.

Well, this is a pretty absurd logic, isn't it? It would be almost the same as to say that "if Hitler killed jews, then it should be OK for me to do it as well". The statement you made is not very nice, and you still hasn't responded to why you're at this page. Why so hung-up on Morrissey and checking this site daily, as it appears you are, if you're not a fan?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom