Margaret Dale - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

Margaret Dale - true-to-you.net
13 March 2013

Margaret Dale

I did not know Margaret on a personal level, but she was always there on the front row - the UK, the US, Israel - wherever we'd go, she'd go. Last week Margaret drove behind the tour bus all the way from Davis to Seattle, and managed to get onstage at Davis. I had signed her arm and it was now a tattoo. This week she is dead. I can only hope, for Margaret, that death yields the profit of rest, and somehow provides her with a listener. We all weary of living in the same skin day after day, in a world where only the blandly trivial are allowed to be heard, but there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't. We are plonked into life without ever choosing to be, and we are despised if we fail to find a paralyzed spot in which to keep still and shut up. Margaret was a woman of action, who now knows the soul of the world.
Meanwhile, on today's AOL News Page, headlines tell us that Victoria Beckham has reportedly dropped her "fake" look, and William and Kate are in search of yet another home - the constitutional frigidity of a media world now openly obsessed with zombies and morons.

Rest well, Margaret.

Morrissey
Mexico
13 March 2013

See also:

Related forum thread:

Last edited:
More self-indulgent pretentious bullshit from a man incapable of writing even an epitaph without sneaking in his redundant and overemphasized distaste for pop culture and royalty.

All I see when I read this is a classless move disguised as compassion from a huge piece of shit with about as much soul as a Pat Boone LP.

It should have been Morrissey who died.

Who the hell are you? Why do you even bother to follow Morrissey? What do you do on this site, as a "fan"??? Well, clearly you're absolutely not. I'm tempted to say it should have been you who died, instead I shall leave it at that.
We don't need you, farewell!

More self-indulgent pretentious bullshit from a man incapable of writing even an epitaph without sneaking in his redundant and overemphasized distaste for pop culture and royalty.

All I see when I read this is a classless move disguised as compassion from a huge piece of shit with about as much soul as a Pat Boone LP.

Everything but the last sentence is right on. No one should wish that upon anyone else, even if they are a completely shallow narcissist that has to bring EVERY statement including ones that are SUPPOSED to be "genuine" back to them.

He should just a case of the Mexican squirts for a week or 2 to make amends.

Poor old Mozza. He can't do right for wrong. Some of the comments on here are a joke. He is ill but has taken the time to acknowledge a kindrit spirits passing. The comments regarding the media are spot on as usual. Please, if you aren't a real Morrissey fan, f*** off and spend your boring life and time somewhere else.

Poor old Mozza. He can't do right for wrong. Some of the comments on here are a joke. He is ill but has taken the time to acknowledge a kindrit spirits passing. The comments regarding the media are spot on as usual. Please, if you aren't a real Morrissey fan, f*** off and spend your boring life and time somewhere else.

:bow:

Why did she kill herself the silly sausage!

Does this mean Margaret On The Guillotine won't be sang live anymore, dang it!

I pray she's throwing her arms around heaven, now.

Last edited by a moderator:

He cant win with these idiots but who cares? I loved his tribute as bazaar as it was. Probably wrote it in bed using all the strength he could muster. Get well Morrissey.

Last edited:
Suicide is not courageous. A better use of action would be to live well and long.

His letter is irresponsible. How many of his mentally unstable, blind disciples will read this and decide to take their lives? If even one chooses this path, well... ah Morrissey will finally notice me. Morrissey will think I am a person of action.

And then to wrap it up by mentioning V. Beckham and K. Middleton, unbelievable. A new low, Moz!

"How many of his mentally unstable blind disciples will read this and decide to take their lives?" Probably not enough for you, Reality.

Well said.

Who said she killed herself? Because morrissey said she is a woman of action? Why do u assume and try to read between the lines and bake you own justification of what he is really saying???? Please answer

I'm sorry to post for a third time, and I won't post again (for the trogs who are trying to start a flame war).

I have a degenerative neuromuscular disorder that I've lived with since I was ELEVEN YEARS-OLD. The medications help the condition, but over time, they take a toll on your organs, and, honestly, the sh!t wears off. So, if I have a seizure tonight and decide that I'm going to end it, that's MY decision.

I don't see a difference between my situation and those who are depressed, oppressed and despised. (You know, everyone hates a downer, so, just like my condition, never talk to anyone about your depression, or they'll run fast and hard away from you.) Assuming that she took her life, it was hers to take.

For the record, I'd LOVE it if Morrissey used my "obituary" to lambaste the murder industries (that includes the "royals") that have taken over this unhappy planet.

—A

P.S. You might see me twitch, but you'll never see the punch that will knock you on your ass, so don't count this kid out just yet.

P.P.S. Those who are trolling this (see above) ought to live in shame.

Who said she killed herself? Because morrissey said she is a woman of action? Why do u assume and try to read between the lines and bake you own justification of what he is really saying???? Please answer

Did you even read the statement?
"there is nothing wrong with taking your destiny into your own hands, just as there is nothing wrong in understanding what is meant for you and what isn't."

I have to be honest I've never heard of her before, but I am very sorry about her passing nonetheless. I also found it very touching of Morrissey to take the time and make a statement about her passing, one that seems very heartfelt.

As for the professional trolls on this website, I am somewhat shocked at what seems to be a new low even for them. Honestly, while I understand why everyone is deeply angered by their sickening and quite frankly disturbing behavior I think we ought to just ignore them. I know it's hard, but they shouldn't be allowed to hijack someone else's death the way they hijack every single thread on this message board with their pettiness. And by responding we are clearly just encouraging them. Just ignore them, let them bounce off each other, and I suspect they will eventually go away.

I agree with all that you said except for saying anyone should have died. Morrissey is always the first to criticize and condemn, yet when he does something self-serving, it is okay. If anyone else would have done a release like this, he would have jumped all of him or her.

I have to be honest I've never heard of her before, but I am very sorry about her passing nonetheless. I also found it very touching of Morrissey to take the time and make a statement about her passing, one that seems very heartfelt.

As for the professional trolls on this website, I am somewhat shocked at what seems to be a new low even for them. Honestly, while I understand why everyone is deeply angered by their sickening and quite frankly disturbing behavior I think we ought to just ignore them. I know it's hard, but they shouldn't be allowed to hijack someone else's death the way they hijack every single thread on this message board with their pettiness. And by responding we are clearly just encouraging them. Just ignore them, let them bounce off each other, and I suspect they will eventually go away.

They keep at it until they're acknowledged, so you gotta say something. Then they go away.

Re:

Who the hell are you? Why do you even bother to follow Morrissey? What do you do on this site, as a "fan"??? Well, clearly you're absolutely not. I'm tempted to say it should have been you who died, instead I shall leave it at that.
We don't need you, farewell!

But when Reagan died, Morrissey said it should have been Bush who died. So if it's OK for Morrissey to say something like that, it's OK for me.

Be consistent, you wimp.

A lot of people read your post would like to say that it should have been you who died.

All the people who downloaded audio / video from his threads should be ashamed.

Not as ashamed as your parents should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom