12 - Cabaret clown
13 - My madness and I
14 - But not today
15 - Swan song
16 - Sin song

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
HOTFILE: DOWNLOAD
SHARINGMATRIX: DOWNLOAD

Thank you - I look forward to giving this a good listening!

Smug

initially i didn't love it, but I'm slowly changing my opinion on this one after repeated listens. There's no "Glorious" on this release(by that i mean big vocals, big bombastic song... they're all good but wished there was a "huge" song on here).
Has anyone got the Open All Night 2cd rerelease? I have multiple versions of the album already, it certainly is one of my faves of Marc's latter releases...not sure if I need another for just a song or two-esp. demos i think were on his Rough Little Rhinestone releases.

This is a great album, there a special 2 cd edition that's really good with improved artwork and well packaged. Marc is one of my favourites singers, up the with Morrissey and I wish he was as successful in terms of album sales. Nijinsky heart and Lavender are the best track in my opinion.

Marc is one of my favourites singers, up the with Morrissey and I wish he was as successful in terms of album sales. Nijinsky heart and Lavender are the best track in my opinion.

Yep, Marc is second only to Morrissey in my book.

I just got Variete yesterday, and I've listened to it three times. It's bittersweet; Marc said it was his last album, and it certainly sounds like he means it. The man still writes killer lyrics, although his voice sounds somewhat strained. "f*** You! We're all doomed" is certainly Morrissey-worthy. :D

So far I'm very fond of "Nijinsky Heart," "The Trials of Eyeliner," "Soho so Long" and "My Madness and I."

Now if only Marc would come to the US to say a proper farewell to all of us who really, really love him (and New York is his town), I'd be a happy little rhinestone.

Even at a venue as uninspiring as HMV Marc still shines. I wasn't so fond of this song on the new album, but it's great here.

It's nice to see Neal X, too.

[youtube]QlO2VbJAafY&feature=related[/youtube]

Yep, Marc is second only to Morrissey in my book.

I just got Variete yesterday, and I've listened to it three times. It's bittersweet; Marc said it was his last album, and it certainly sounds like he means it. The man still writes killer lyrics, although his voice sounds somewhat strained. "f*** You! We're all doomed" is certainly Morrissey-worthy. :D

So far I'm very fond of "Nijinsky Heart," "The Trials of Eyeliner," "Soho so Long" and "My Madness and I."

Now if only Marc would come to the US to say a proper farewell to all of us who really, really love him (and New York is his town), I'd be a happy little rhinestone.

This isn't Marc's last album at all. He initially said it would be his last album of self penned songs but he has recently started saying it will be his last album of self penned songs for a while. He has a Best Of album coming out this Christmas and a new album Feasting With Panthers scheduled for late Spring next year. This is an album he has been recording over quite some period of time with Michael Cashmore. It is verse written by Genet, Rimbo etc, and put to music. A limited edition two track CD single has already been released from this album. Both tracks will feature on the final album.

So Marc isn't going anywhere, at least not for a while, so maybe you'll get your chance for him to come to USA. He has said in the past he'd love to tour USA but he can't find any promoters interested in pursuing this. At best he might come to New York, a town you quite rightly called his. He loves New York and has been inspired by it many times throughout his career starting with all the Soft Cell albums being recorded there through to his collection of poetry and spoken word CD; The End Of New York.

This isn't Marc's last album at all. He initially said it would be his last album of self penned songs but he has recently started saying it will be his last album of self penned songs for a while. He has a Best Of album coming out this Christmas and a new album Feasting With Panthers scheduled for late Spring next year. This is an album he has been recording over quite some period of time with Michael Cashmore. It is verse written by Genet, Rimbo etc, and put to music. A limited edition two track CD single has already been released from this album. Both tracks will feature on the final album.

Oh, Swan Song is already sounding a bit ridiculous then. As The Poet once said: "This is the last song I will ever sing - no, I've changed my mind again..." ;)

So Marc isn't going anywhere, at least not for a while, so maybe you'll get your chance for him to come to USA. He has said in the past he'd love to tour USA but he can't find any promoters interested in pursuing this. At best he might come to New York, a town you quite rightly called his. He loves New York and has been inspired by it many times throughout his career starting with all the Soft Cell albums being recorded there through to his collection of poetry and spoken word CD; The End Of New York.

There are any number of reasons why I'd rejoice if Marc finally returned to his home-away-from-home here in NYC. I'm fairly certain that he could have a nice run at a few different venues; the last time he played here solo (supporting Open All Night) plenty of folks flew/drove in from far-flung states.

It would certainly save me a trip to London this December in part to see him (which I am seriously considering).

Back
Top Bottom