Manila - World Trade Center, Pasay City (May 13, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / First Of The Gang To Die / Speedway / Black Cloud / You're The One For Me, Fatty / I Will See You In Far Off Places / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / I Know It's Over // There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

set list provided by between_two_places.

• Photo posted by asian rut:

manila2.jpg
  • Photo magicliwanag / Instagram. Link posted by Miss Garden.

manila.jpg
  • Photos by Glenn Michael Tan (8 total) - Philippine Concerts. Link posted by Miss Garden.
  • Photos by ☠ dementia ☠ (46 total) - Flickr. Link posted by Miss Garden.

Last edited:
Killing us Softly, hauntingly depressing, albeit sweet and amazing song by the Mozman! It's a beautiful piece and gives shivers everytime...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the most charming man! It still lingers to my mind how fortunate I am to witness my legend live on stage. I'm the first person who enter the venue. I did not complain for the 2 hrs wait, it was all worth it!

moz2.jpg

moz1.jpg

Indeed This Charming Man Stole All Our Hearts Away! in Manila. I'll remember this performance for the rest of my life 'cause greatness like this only happens once in a lifetime!!!

Killing us Softly, hauntingly depressing, albeit sweet and amazing song by the Mozman! It's a beautiful piece and gives shivers everytime...
[

What he said at the beginning of the video?

Although he performed 19 songs, the concert was seemingly short. Well time really flies especially if you are enjoying the show. As they say in the vernacular, “bitin”. After saying goodbye following their last number, the crowd was actually still for a minute or two thinking or hoping perhaps for one last number. I was telling my companion they ‘ll be back for one more which is “Still Ill”. He was telling me. “it’s over”, “didn’t you see the drummer threw his drum sticks”. When the crew started putting the guitars inside their respective cases, that was when the crowd finally accepted that indeed it was over. - taken from a blog
-

I'm in tears! Thank you for sharing.

Reflections on favourite 20 Morrissey solo songs coming up to his recent appearance in Manila - http://lilokpelikula.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/now-my-heart-is-full-my-top-20-songs-by-morrissey/

More nicely-phrased pre-show meditations from the Philippines on what Morrissey means to people there - http://www.philstar.com/youngstar/ysarticle.aspx?articleid=805830&publicationsubcategoryid=84

Further thoughts before and after the Philippine show - http://mrcubaoboy.blogspot.com/2012/05/some-thoughts-and-afterthoughts.html

Sadness or Euphoria...

What the F is Jesse Tobias doing?!?! His playing on "There Is A Light...." is horrendous.

Holy Crap that was terrible. There's just no defending how poorly he played that song.

No Boz in Drag, No matching "Assad is Shit" and "We Hate William and Kate" T-shirts, that's what's missing in the Manila leg of the tour. Before rolling on to this song...he quoted "And if you have any doubt's about the style of music...It's not rock music! it's not alternative music! it's not pop music! It is Opera..." its his wits that makes him MORRISSEY!!! and everybody's drawn to his maverick persona.

Keep the old love in your heart, and we are made to move on if it's hard to forget.
Time is honest so should we. If there's no tide- we'll wait for the next one.
I couldn't dance to your music anyway-but I really enjoy it too much-that I guess
I went to seeyou so something stopped me. I was stupid. I hoped you talked to me but.
Somehow it's over. Take the fact then we have to move on for the future.
Your future will be blight if you forget the past because it was really hard for you.
I find myself awiting your new songs.........

Life is simply beautiful, I really feel looking at my daughter.
It's my last note, thanks Moz.
:)

Let the old love go even if it's sad, that's how we have to live.
Time will make you forget in the past. Here comes today!
You have the blight future if you take the past, no remorse.
I couldn't dance to your music, I guess I came to see you. Aside the music.
Somehow it's over, I dreamt. It's a good memory, that happend in my heart.
Take the sad song then make it better.. Don't you think it's good to write a new song?

I'm writing it to my daughter. Life is simply beautiful. It's amazing.

Thanks to Moz for your kind heart. And I keep saying good-bye.
:)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom