Manics want Moz again

James Dean Bradfield: "I have no f**king Britpop regrets" - Digital Spy
Morrissey WON'T feature on the next album.

Excerpt:

Nicky always said he wants Morrissey in to do a vocal but is too afraid to ask because he couldn't take the rejection…

"If he did ask Moz inevitably there would be a rejection. But that would be beyond the dream really because there's not many people who sing like him. I don't want to sound too muso but his choice of notes are just so f**king different to anybody else's.

"His phrasing is different to anybody else's. His voice would transform any band. But I don't think we're ever going to ask, because like I said, it would just be like that school disco moment – you know the girl's going to say no."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pay him in cheese Nicky and he'll be on board quicker than you can say " But cheese bleeds doesn't it ? "

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

he,s more of a fan than most people on here.mozz likes tto do the opposite of what people think he will do so I would bite the bullet and ask him.when mozz put a note under jeff becks hotel door he probably thought theres no way he would play on one of my songs and surprise surprise he said yes.

Has Morrissey ever guested on another's record or song? I don't think so and there must be a reason for that.

Has Morrissey ever guested on another's record or song? I don't think so and there must be a reason for that.

Only secretly, without ANYONE knowing.
As a matter a fact, neither do I. :paranoid:
ntgngh;dr

They wouldn't know melody if it jumped off the Severn Bridge. Clowns.

Spot on. I tried but the Manics are drivel. The Holy Bible was pretentious badly sung badly played badly written pub rock.

Nirvana's In Utero was 4 real man.

Morrissey if you ever need advice JUST SAY NO!

'if you tolerate this than your children will be next'

Manics are definately in my OK list of bands, the past...as I dunno much
about what's now hot or a hype, read that Nick Cave's 16'th album was released in several cinema's, in the Netherlands

Last edited:
The Nick Cave album, from what I've heard, is much better than I expected. He takes himself so seriously and his lyrics are a bit overwrought usually but not a bad sound.
I did laugh when Mary Ann Hobbs reverentially unveiled it like it was an incredible piece of art. She quoted a tweet that said the lyrics were "impenetrable" as if that was a good thing. Stupid c***.

The Nick Cave album, from what I've heard, is much better than I expected. He takes himself so seriously and his lyrics are a bit overwrought usually but not a bad sound.
I did laugh when Mary Ann Hobbs reverentially unveiled it like it was an incredible piece of art. She quoted a tweet that said the lyrics were "impenetrable" as if that was a good thing. Stupid c***.

it's on spotify, go search for his official site, Nick Cave ones , and you can hear the whole album, did it yesterday, indeed the lyrics are seems more important than the music is a bit a listening album, well just picked the first and the last and one in between...sorry going of-topic

Yes, but AFAICS only on covers of his own songs performed by his (then) friends: "Jeane" by Sandy Shaw and "Let Me Kiss You" by Nancy Sinatra.
Both feature his backing vocals, but with instruments being played by members of his band (at the time) and the record being released on the same label as his, it looked more like the girls guested on his track rather than the other way around.

Back in the pre-Internet late 80s and early 90s there were rumours of collaborations with The Stone Roses and 808 State, but these never materialised. Can't see any added value with the Roses, but it would've been fun to have Moz singing on an 808 State track, like Bernard Sumner and Björk did...

Last edited:
(takes a lot of imagination or a lot of whatever to think of Morrissey as a beautiful 16 y.o schoolgirl these days/ anyway)

Will you do a song with the Manics?

There you go guys.
(It's o.k., I'm the resident rejected, can ask for anything. Would you like him to wear a panda costume to record that? :pray: )

Back
Top Bottom