Manchester, UK - Manchester Arena (Aug. 20, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / All You Need Is Me / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small / Jack The Ripper / One Of Our Own / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Oboe Concerto // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos, corrections by BennyandBrummiearec*nts.

Last edited:
Gig tonight finished at least 20 minutes before curfew so why not send his home town crowd home happy with a great finish i.e a couple of smiths songs or early solo stuff. Piss poor

Well that's the first Morrissey Manchester gig I've missed since 2004, although I did watch some of it on Periscope (watching him in a big screen through my phone -weird)
He sounded in fine voice and had a lot of the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand but that setlist is so tired and dreary and with ticket prices being what they were.
It just wasn't like the old days anymore. He has become one of those legendary pop stars from a bygone era desperately trying to make us think his new(ish) stuff is as relevant as his older material. It's not. Sometimes give the plebs what they want. I wish he'd play smaller UK venues but I guess it's not meant to be anymore
Lots of reports on social media that it was great (mainly from younger fans) and lots saying not so great.

Great gig, Moz sounded great and looked in good spirits.
"Suedehead" start was brilliant with a lot of pushing amd shoving and such but there were a few times momentum was lost such as "Istanbul" and obviously "Meat is Murder".
Highlights for me were
"What She Said",
"Irish Blood,English Heart"
"Suedehead"
"Speedway" (although I do wish he would go back to singing "Asleep" in the middle),
"Jack the Ripper"
"Ouji Board".

Dissapointments - No real treats/crowd pleasers eg. "There is a Light", "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want", "Hairdresser on Fire", "The Last of the Famous International Playboys". Something along those lines would a made a great night into a spectacular one, because I felt the setlist was awesome for a normal gig, but feel many people were expecting something more than "normal".

Hey Benny. I'm actually really curious about one thing and please do be honest here as I'm not attacking you, I've seen some serious posts from you on here at times. Be honest, were you once a fan of Morrissey ? Is it the last few years that have soured him for you? Really I want to know . If you've always hated him then it is a little nuts to keep posting here . I would never bother posting on a forum about an artist that I had never cared for but it seems you have some sort of vested interest in Morrissey , you seem to know a lot about him . would be good to drop the front and give a straight answer. Cheers

I think B the BB is either Pete Burns or Peter Hogg

Moz: "I would like to apologise to all the people who are watching me on the big screen, because I usually don't look this bad. I usually look much worse, so count yourself lucky this is a good night."

It wasn't animal friendly !

Pack your shit Steve and 4K off you CrankFraud, you the Lawnmowers and Diesel are no longer welcome to stink Manchester out anymore ! Take your lap dancer plasters and pop up shop and 4K off !
Meat is murder ! Yeh ! Yeh ! Yeh ! :laughing: We've heard it all before.
Girl bye !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Bet you must be gutted. What a success. You twat.

There Is a Light was maybe down as the last...last time ever, hence the dark on and off at the end but I think he changed his mind and will be back....:0)

I think B the BB is either Pete Burns or Peter Hogg

Interesting guesses. I assumed he was that British Moz impersonator from around the Quarry period. That's why he takes Morrissey's career downturn (in his eyes) so personally.

He's a clever writer - too bad he wastes it on tourretic garbage.

Almost thought they were going to break straight into "How Soon is Now" after "Meat is Murder", the shuddering guitar at the end sounded similar; what a beast that would have been!

I was also confised by the ending, how the image stayed and lights were still dimmed for a short while after, maybe not loud enough applause for him to return?

My 25th Morrissey show in 25 years and this one would creep into the top ten I think, some wonderful highlights such as Everyday Is Like Sunday, Jack The Ripper, Ouija Board, What She Said and Irish Blood. It's Hard To Walk Tall sounds quite interesting with the slower arrangement, but I would've preferred the b-side version.

The footage shown during Meat Is Murder seemed to be worse than ever, I wonder if anyone was actually converted though.

The only gripes for me were Istanbul which sounded a little lacklustre for some reason and I was disappointed he still didn't acknowlege Bowie after reeling off some of the names who had passed this year - Victoria Wood, Caroline Aherne, Muhammad Ali and Prince, of course Bowie's name was deafening in its absence.

Overall, a great gig and and a full house.

Does anybody know the songs/videos that formed part of the pre show visuals

Almost thought they were going to break straight into "How Soon is Now" after "Meat is Murder", the shuddering guitar at the end sounded similar; what a beast that would have been!

I was also confised by the ending, how the image stayed and lights were still dimmed for a short while after, maybe not loud enough applause for him to return?

I think maybe that it's a ruse so they can 'escape'

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom