Manchester, UK - Manchester Arena (Aug. 20, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / All You Need Is Me / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small / Jack The Ripper / One Of Our Own / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Oboe Concerto // Irish Blood, English Heart

setlist provided by Sarcasmos, corrections by BennyandBrummiearec*nts.

Last edited:
Incidentally, the arena was packed, whether tickets were given away or not. The only blocks empty were the ones closest to the stage that don't get sold because you can't, er, see the stage.

look at the video closely, the areas immediately next to the stage on either side are COMPLETELY empty. not a solitary soul.
and, frankly, the video shows that the front was that 'packed', everybody seems pretty loose and with plenty of space between themselves and the person next to them, taking pics on the iphone etc. perhaps instead of packed to rafters, 'loose to the floor' would be most appropriate now.

Some people are delusional

Three days have passed and still debating Manchester, not bad for a washed out has been eh?

The gig in Manchester was in my opinion the best in the UK since 2012, thet set list an improvement on what we've heard in the UK since World Peace... was released.
A good balance of old and new covering his entire career, yes of course it was World Peace heavy, this has been the case ever since the days of The Smiths though.
The other 16 songs offered something for everyone, covering all eras, from Viva Hate to Years Of Refusal, including a couple of Smiths tracks.
I'm not the saying the set list is without reproach, but I can see why Moz would think that's a good selection.
Replace Meat is Murder with William, It Was Really Nothing and Crashing Bores with say We'll Let You Know and there we have a rather special gig, as opposed to just a very good one.
Throw in Sister I'm A Poet instead of say Far Off Places and we all go home delirious.

Forgot to mention, another one of the highlights for me was Speedway, during which the crowd sang the end of the song in English (as it should be) and, at least at the front, Gustavo's voice was almost completely drowned.

Oh yes, 17 pages full of posts later, the venue on Saturday was packed to the rafters.
And still, 17 pages full of posts later, all that remains to be said is...f*** off haters.

have you watched the youtube vids? most of the songs have the hamfisted lawnmower imprint on them. how can you say its great? no musical subtlety whatsoever.
great as in packed to the rafters?

look at the video closely, the areas immediately next to the stage on either side are COMPLETELY empty. not a solitary soul.
and, frankly, the video shows that the front was that 'packed', everybody seems pretty loose and with plenty of space between themselves and the person next to them, taking pics on the iphone etc. perhaps instead of packed to rafters, 'loose to the floor' would be most appropriate now.

Er, thats because you can't see the stage from there you thick prick

And how many gigs in the uk have you been to since 2012?
Saturday certainly wasn't the best.
Incidentally, Manc 2012 was bobbins, Edinburg was superb.

Sorry, I meant to say 2011, when he played several smaller venues across the UK, that was the last time I really enjoyed his gigs until this last Saturday.
I agree Manchester in 2012 was not great, neither was the O2 in 2014 or any of the gigs last year, save for perhaps Hammersmith.

Sorry, I meant to say 2011, when he played several smaller venues across the UK, that was the last time I really enjoyed his gigs until this last Saturday.
I agree Manchester in 2012 was not great, neither was the O2 in 2014 or any of the gigs last year, save for perhaps Hammersmith.

Ok.
But, I'd hazard a guess you wasn't at Hammersmith. Both those, along with Plymouth, o2 and possibly Glasgow where better than Saturday. Edinburgh in 2012 was also way better.
But, Saturday was a million miles better than the 2012 version.

The correct setlist...

Suedehead / Alma Matters / All You Need Is Me / You Have Killed Me / Ganglord / Speedway / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / It's Hard To Walk Tall When You're Small / Jack The Ripper / One Of Our Own / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Oboe Concerto // Irish Blood, English Heart

Er, thats because you can't see the stage from there you thick prick

you admit then that entire sections, upper, middle and bottom tiers were totally empty? finally.
that a ridiculous to say, that you cant see the stage from a area right next to it.

ive been to many concerts, and ive never seen the area next to the stage cordoned off because you cant see the stage. most concerts even have the back, where you cant really see all that good, open. they close the back and sides when there is lack of demand for tix.

Did anyone here go alone? I was stood pretty near the front and it seemed like there were a few others going it alone. Just wondering what you guys thought of the atmosphere etc?

Ok.
But, I'd hazard a guess you wasn't at Hammersmith. Both those, along with Plymouth, o2 and possibly Glasgow where better than Saturday. Edinburgh in 2012 was also way better.
But, Saturday was a million miles better than the 2012 version.
I agree Edinburgh in 2012 was better but that was because it was a much smaller venue, Glasgow was shit, nowhere near as good as the last two Manchester gigs, the Dublin gig was also very good but had too many world peace tracks

I agree Edinburgh in 2012 was better but that was because it was a much smaller venue, Glasgow was shit, nowhere near as good as the last two Manchester gigs, the Dublin gig was also very good but had too many world peace tracks

Dublin was hit n miss and defo suffered the black curtain treatment.

ive been to many concerts, and ive never seen the area next to the stage cordoned off because you cant see the stage. most concerts even have the back, where you cant really see all that good, open. they close the back and sides when there is lack of demand for tix.

I was on the very edge of the the lower tier and my vision of the stage was such that I could not see the screen behind Morrissey and had a very tall speaker system that hindered my view of him, so the screens were vital. To my left were sections of seats covered in black material. Anyone sitting here would have seen some of the band and that would have been all. They definitely had to be cordoned off.

I was on the very edge of the the lower tier and my vision of the stage was such that I could not see the screen behind Morrissey and had a very tall speaker system that hindered my view of him, so the screens were vital. To my left were sections of seats covered in black material. Anyone sitting here would have seen some of the band and that would have been all. They definitely had to be cordoned off.

I was in 114, and there is no way the block next to me (that was cordoned off) would see anything from there.

I just don't get this, why are people trying to make out it wasn't successful? What is the point of this nit picking? It was absolutely packed out, and he was brilliant. And I've seen lots of Moz gigs, going back to my first in 1991 (kill uncle tour). This was defo up there for me.

Guys,
Let it go. Give it a rest. Add some Chi, Ying, Yang, Feng shui, Nirvana, in your life. Give Morrissey his due respect. He makes a lot of people happy.

Rehumanize

I was in 114, and there is no way the block next to me (that was cordoned off) would see anything from there.

I just don't get this, why are people trying to make out it wasn't successful? What is the point of this nit picking? It was absolutely packed out, and he was brilliant. And I've seen lots of Moz gigs, going back to my first in 1991 (kill uncle tour). This was defo up there for me.

I agree with you. I was lower tier and it was packed and the tiers above me were packed too, the floor was jammed and the atmosphere great. The negative comments are from saddo's who missed out. I took this photo of the crowds.
P1070253.jpg

I agree with you. I was lower tier and it was packed and the tiers above me were packed too, the floor was jammed and the atmosphere great. The negative comments are from saddo's who missed out. I took this photo of the crowds.
P1070253.jpg

maybe all of you mozbots are provisionally blind. look at the very top tier, basically empty. look at the entire sections NEXT to the stage. EMPTY. accept it.

Back
Top Bottom