Morrissey Central "MANCHESTER, TODAY" (June 21, 2022)

MANCHESTER, TODAY

0-2_gvvpub.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

That’s what it is. Virtual reality board.

Anyone wanting to see it right this minute, it’s on Trafford Wharf Road near Man United FC.

Nice one, on the massive roundabout just before Trafford Bridge. I was trying to work it out but was struggling.

A line uttered by many haters in, now let's see, 1987, 1992, 1997, 2000, 2010 and so forth...

You hiss and groan
And you constantly moan
But you don't ever go away...
If you don’t like him, don’t buy a ticket. Do something more useful with your life than moaning about it. The people who spend their lives engaging with someone they supposedly hate is such an illness. The malady lingers on…

Nice one, on the massive roundabout just before Trafford Bridge. I was trying to work it out but was struggling.
Yes. It’s not been up all day, as something else replaced it mid morning. It was back on at 14:55. 👍
The Liverpool buildings it’s called. Or was called.

This virtual poster should come with a warning. What if some sensitive leftie sees it and is triggered?

That dude on the poster is really un-British looking. Whomever got the Senior Marketing Rep II position in the Burbank office really screwed this up. The M.O. is wackos here trying to make California Son a part of your whole Lord of the Rings Hobbit fantasy rainy day British crap when he is just some American surfer dude from LA who played in a shitty Brit Pop band for 2 years in the early 80's. John Maher aka "Oregon Son" knocking on California Son's front door in some fantasy British Harry Potter town asking him to play in his band???? WTF is wrong with you people? Are you that duped and stupid?

Last edited:
A line uttered by many haters in, now let's see, 1987, 1992, 1997, 2000, 2010 and so forth...

You hiss and groan
And you constantly moan
The trouble is they actually did finally go away (from 2018 onwards). In their droves. Tens of thousands of them. Whether many have returned, well, we'll find out shortly.
As for Dave Hasbeen - the least said the better...

Mmmmmmmmmm !!!
Good luck Steven. Could be wrong but I think a lot of people back home have ”wised up to the gimmick“ these days.

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

I think that noise has passed in the main as he’s kept quiet for a couple of years and he’s playing sensible sized venues which appeal to a lot of folks. Can’t speak for everyone but if the Manchester gig was the arena, I wouldn’t have bothered going but the Apollo is appealing.
Yep, thats what I said. Of course a load of people argued
I think if he can keep his gob shut and just let the music talk, he will be fine

The trouble is they actually did finally go away (from 2018 onwards). In their droves. Tens of thousands of them. Whether many have returned, well, we'll find out shortly.
Dave is like that Martin guy from Gene and Billy Bragg . You have to wonder if they ever liked M in the first place. My guess is no.
They saw he had talent and they all used him in their own way. Then when the fashion changed, they all stabbed him in the back
If the world knew how small the little media circle is in the UK, they would laugh until their grandmother puked.
Brighton , London and a gaggle of people in Manchester and Bristol.
None of them speak for the every man, as such. Morrissey has lost a load of fans, but then he get new ones , each new generation , as that is the kind of artist he is.

Tickets go on sale on my birthday. Thanks Mozzer! Now all I need is a plane ticket and accommodation.

No one cares about Morrissey now…..’
’This gig will do very well for the residual die hards ..’

So
, which is it?
You need an editor before you post.

You hiss and groan
And you constantly moan
Hey, that's the lyrics to "all you need is me"! I like that song, it's very good.

You're right. I pop on here, see what the news is, have a look at the latest flamewar taking place, see which bassist has been replaced, setlist etc. I even didn't mind half of dog on a chain, thought the previous two LPs were offensively bad. The man was such a deep part of my life that his dalliance with things I find objectionable is so painful and sad. The only money he will see from me are the pennies he gets from Spotify plays. The only way to truly hurt Morrissey isn't through words on here, or even words on social media or the Guardian/NME whatever, it's to not give him your money. He's notoriously obsessed with cold hard cash. Ask Spencer, ask Danton.

I hope those who go to the Apollo and all those shows have a lovely old time. I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and since given it to the charity shop x

just you keep on hating,theres a good boy.

That dude on the poster is really un-British looking. Whomever got the Senior Marketing Rep II position in the Burbank office really screwed this up. The M.O. is wackos here trying to make California Son a part of your whole Lord of the Rings Hobbit fantasy rainy day British crap when he is just some American surfer dude from LA who played in a shitty Brit Pop band for 2 years in the early 80's. John Maher aka "Oregon Son" knocking on California Son's front door in some fantasy British Harry Potter town asking him to play in his band???? WTF is wrong with you people? Are you that duped and stupid?
It doesn’t have to be like this. You can treat your psychosis. There is medicine.

No one cares about Morrissey now…..’
’This gig will do very well for the residual die hards ..’

So
, which is it?
You need an editor before you post.
Apollo capacity - 3,500
Arena capacity - 21,000
The Apollo is a much better venue on the whole than the Arena by a mile, fair enough, but those numbers are not a coincidence.

The residual die hards are there, I am still friends with many of them, but that number is ever decreasing year by year, scandal by scandal. You can deny that all you want, but it is true. Everyone has their breaking point, I've reached mine and plenty of my friends have before and after me. Others have their's ahead of them. It will come for most of them, while others will play dumb and ignore until the bitter end. I saw Morrissey a good number of times between 04 and 15. I wouldn't see him now if you paid me.

Compare the general public's feelings towards Morrissey now and to, let's say, the 2004 comeback. Hell, even the 2012 gig at the MEN Arena did well, but the complaints from people after was regarding the setlist, as well as the venue. Come to Manchester now, however, and no casual music fans will want to go and see Morrissey any more, thanks to his own little outbursts that come time and again. Go and see how quiet the Smiths night at S&G had tragically gotten, even before the pandemic. There is no good will now, not even for a nostalgia act which one could interpret Morrissey as being despite his output.

just you keep on hating,theres a good boy.
You're getting a bit muddled there, wee guy. Tens of thousands of fans have jumped ship. If you think pointing this out is 'hating' you're obviously a bit simple.
Fingers crossed, enough of them have forgiven M for repeatedly endorsing/supporting various right-wing twats. They may well have done - he hasn't issued any more supporting statements for a couple of years which will hopefully have made a difference. We find out soon.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom