Manchester - O2 Apollo (Oct. 4, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / The Loop / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I Am Veronica / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Thom Haydon.

Last edited:

bet M never thought these concerts would be so well recieved,think alain has a hand in the setlists,long may it continue.

jD9QAYk.jpg

twO5AZm.jpg

I enjoyed it, agree the crowd was a bit lack lustre. But he sounded in fine form, and the band were tight. There was huge applause for Alain Whyte. I miss Boz though, I have to say. Sweet and tender was a welcome addition!

bet M never thought these concerts would be so well recieved,think alain has a hand in the setlists,long may it continue.

What struck me was that whilst obviously the old stuff was more widely known, the atmosphere didn't really drag or no-one (around me at least) was frustrated and seemed to quite enjoy all (or most) of the new stuff

It flowed really well, really good set list.

Did you folk around here figure out already who Veronica is? I haven't. Veronica, older than America, can play harmonica. Hmmm...

Also does anyone know who the female singer is in the pre-show video mix, from perhaps the fifties ,backed by male Abba lookalikes, who never smiles but looks cool and belts out that lovely tune?
A438F357-0757-4485-8140-71088907741A.jpeg

Must've been a decent show, Moz is trending on Twatter. Quick someone call an ambulance, I think they may have to check in on Uncle Skinny, he'll be in a right state :ROFLMAO:
Trending.png

There was a row of about 6 unsold seats in Blackpool that were £130/£140 each (Platinum) that went back to face value (about £80/£84) on the day of the gig. Might be the same for the seats you have your eye on.
Nice!

Will keep my eyes peeled. Thanks for the info.

I thought Blackpool was so much better.

I know people have said he sounded great but I think his voice wasn’t that great in comparison to what it was 10-15 years ago.

Sounded a bit harsh/rough towards the end. Bit worrying because that is a usual sign of a common degradation related to age so I wonder how much more his voice can take.

Excellent atmosphere and crowd reaction for the first few - then quieter for the run of new songs / B-sides. But up again towards the end. A stronger setlist than last time I saw him (Leeds 2020). He seemed to enjoy himself - he sang Jerusalem quite sweetly actually - hard to tell if it was ironic or not. And 6 Smiths songs - fair play if it’s the oldies that people like. Hurling Days is growing on me - Knockabout World not so much. The Loop was odd and low-key - I’d rather he‘d kept Billy Budd instead. But Every Day, Please Please & Ripper were an excellent finish. And while Hooligans was an odd choice for encore, I’ve always really liked it, its pace and theme so actually it kind of worked too. Overall, Moz and George Best in Manchester on the night of the 40th anniversary of the Smiths first gig!! Every Day is Like Tuesday.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom