Manchester - O2 Apollo (Oct. 4, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / The Loop / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I Am Veronica / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Thom Haydon.

Last edited:
Well, I’m going to be honest kidders, I thought I’d be kicking myself I missed out on this gig what with it being 40 years down the line and HIG murmured, but I can sleep soundly.

Thanks to all for their contributions tonight to the site from the gig - rebels with an applause.

Well, I’m going to be honest kidders, I thought I’d be kicking myself I missed out of this gig what with it being 40 years down the line and HIG murmured, but I can sleep soundly.

Thanks to all for their contributions tonight to the site from the gig - rebels with an applause.
What’s HIG

What’s HIG
1664918456977.jpeg

Just back from the gig - throughly enjoyable stuff from Moz. I thought he looked and sounded fantastic & the band were on fine form too. It's nice to hear a slightly different band sound with Alain back, it's certainly a softer more jangly sound than the previous band.

Thought the setlist was decent too, a nice blend of crowd pleases & more obscure numbers. Would have loved Have a Go Merchant, but The Loop, Shankly, Never Had No Ever, Our Frank & encore of Tender Hooligan all nice stuff. New songs are a tough sell, but I thought Rebel Without Applause/A Pause sounded brilliant. Interesting to note that Bonfire of Teenagers went down very well with the crowd (I think it's very clunky as a message, but it sounded epic live).

What I would say is that the crowd felt oddly flat for Morrissey in Manchester. I was about half way back so it may have been different near the front, but very much a casual crowd who responded to the usual hits but looked bewildered by everything from Our Frank to Jack the Ripper. Anyway, great to see Moz again and hopefully the new album is imminent (which Moz hinted at being the case).

Fantastic night, was a couple of people behind the front barriers. Massive shout out to the really friendly and energetic mother and son who’d travelled down from Glasgow after seeing the main man on Sunday!

Cracking setlist, Moz was on excellent form, very chatty, crowd were ace and a great time had by all. Couldn’t ask for more!

It’s not been mentioned on this thread yet, but he did acknowledge 40 years to the day (and time!) since The Smiths first performed live. Said they weren’t sweet or tender but were certainly hooligans. I was expecting it to lead into that, but went into First of the Gang to Die (if memory serves!) instead, but we did get SATH as the encore!

“Our new LP is dropping very soon…” (after Rebels)
If a new album does "drop soon", does anyone think there will be more shows to promote it? Maybe around Christmas(although that may be a bit too soon to organise tickets). Or more realistically, maybe around May the 22nd next year?

Just got home, was a really good gig, started queueing in the afternoon and got to the front barrier. It felt like he joked with the crowd between songs a lot more in Blackpool.

He mentioned it being 40 years to the "night and the hour" since some "not so tender, not so sweet hooligans" played their first gig. Then launched into a solo song lol.

Did you folk around here figure out already who Veronica is? I haven't. Veronica, older than America, can play harmonica. Hmmm...

Also does anyone know who the female singer is in the pre-show video mix, from perhaps the fifties ,backed by male Abba lookalikes, who never smiles but looks cool and belts out that lovely tune?

I liked the new songs a lot more after seeing them live. I was hoping he would play Kerouac though.
Here's hoping the album is in fact actually being released soon as promised.

If a new album does "drop soon", does anyone think there will be more shows to promote it? Maybe around Christmas(although that may be a bit too soon to organise tickets). Or more realistically, maybe around May the 22nd next year?
I don't know about shows, but the current turnaround for physical music products is ~4 months currently.
So they're either ready to go (which is odd assuming no label), or probably a bit later than sooner (if no digital version first).
It'll all come out in the wash..
FWD.

Does anyone know much about Ticketmaster Official platinum tickets and, more to the point, what they do with unsold ones? Just I am seated in seat 40 and Ticketmaster are currently selling 38 and 39 together for double the price of mine and as they are unsold I imagine that means I have two empty seats beside me.

If possible, I would like to try and get one of these for my mum to be able to come along, so does anyone know if Ticketmaster are likely to try to sell them as single tickets and/or lower them to face value nearer Friday's show? Surely this is preferable to them not selling them at all?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom