Manchester - O2 Apollo (Oct. 4, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / The Loop / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I Am Veronica / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Thom Haydon.

Last edited:
Don't like saying it as Boz was a loyal collaborator for 30 years, but Alain replacing Boz has sparked the pace, clarity and attack up considerably. There's no flab either. No World Peace..., no 10 minute versions of Meat Is Murder, no Throwing My Arms Around Paris.
The setlists are very sharp, covering nigh on 40 years of songs. Long may Alain continue👍

The Other Gordon🙂
Yes there's definitely less, flab without Boz ;)

Great night he was on good form band sounded fantastic nice that he acknowledged the Smiths 40th anniversary enjoy...............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23UIOqnf14Y

Sweet and Tender…. Wouldn’t’ve got my juices flowing and from footage, seems a bit more of a ‘punk homage’….. always thought that ISSICF is a nice closer or imagine if he’d closed with I Won’t Share You…. And dedicated it to himself and his astounding career.

Is right. Codger Manc myself but went for Blackpool tickets before Manchester and got front row tugging on Dickie’s coattails - Blackpool was indeed an event - sunny for the two days I was there - the anticipation - the fish and chips and the salty sea. Blackpool was EPIC.
At least you weren’t tugging on owt else 😂🤣

Screenshot_20221005-111836~2.png

You think that is because of Alain and Boz decided on set lists? You think Boz wanted 10 minute versions of Meat is Murder?
Well obviously I don't know for sure. But I would imagine the musicians, especially the band leaders, do have some say in the setlists.
All I know is that since Alain has returned, the sets are fresher and less of a dirge in places.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom