Manchester - O2 Apollo (Oct. 4, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / The Loop / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / I Am Veronica / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Thom Haydon.

Last edited:
At one point during this song, he seems to burst into tears. First time I've seen Moz do that. It was at the line where he sings "You go home, and you want to die.".
seems indeed.
It's theatrical effect..to enact the word "cry" which is part of the lyrics
The acting obvs convinced you!.

img_1_1664988421521~2.jpg

The autographs are getting a bit more 'lavish'.
FWD.

I do have to say - to play Sweet & Tender Hooligan as an encore on the 40th anniversary of The Smiths first playing live is a tad disappointing. But I do realise we could argue about any setlist and any particular choice of song or songs until the cows come home as it's all totally subjective. Otherwise, wonderful to see Moz looking and sounding so great.

I do have to say - to play Sweet & Tender Hooligan as an encore on the 40th anniversary of The Smiths first playing live is a tad disappointing. But I do realise we could argue about any setlist and any particular choice of song or songs until the cows come home as it's all totally subjective. Otherwise, wonderful to see Moz looking and sounding so great.
Yeah maybe but the setlist was a good cross section old,new,b sides..Maybe Suedehead would of been the cherry on top

Brilliant.

This song has steadily grown on me, becoming my favourite of the new songs, by far.

Great to see that it received such a positive reaction in his home town.
Nothing but a gimmick song.
Classic Pansy Pete at his best, walking in the rain just to get wet on purpose.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

Yeah, Golden Lights would have been a better choice.

Time marches on and everything in the rear-view mirror exists in a kind of untouchable haze. I wish I could run toward that haze of my past and envelope myself in it, instead of being dragged always forward and always further away, with no choice or say.

What a special night, on such a beautiful anniversary.

Time marches on and everything in the rear-view mirror exists in a kind of untouchable haze. I wish I could run toward that haze of my past and envelope myself in it, instead of being dragged always forward and always further away, with no choice or say.

What a special night, on such a beautiful anniversary.
in currently working on a time machine,you can have first go if you want.
i long for the past everyday,life was actually normal back then.

Looks like Sam’a handy work 😅
Yes. It pains me to say so but there's no way Morrissey is that good with crayons.
walking in the rain just to get wet on purpose.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:
Well Lyn B. asked for TMYIM and got it...so you might get that song Benny...

(I'd request " Baby Shark" but it sounds too much like "Kerouac's crack", which is much less interesting, apparently.)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom