Manchester meet up?

Thanks for offering some perspective :). I hope you get here safe and sound. I managed to book a hotel room at 'Gardens Hotel'. I know little about it, but as long as I make it out alive the next day, I'm not that bothered really.

Stayed there for the 2004 gig, not a bad hotel, near the centre of most things!

So i'm heading up from London tomorrow morning... (Have seen Moz all over the place, but never in Manchester before.) Am looking forward to it.

Is there a consensus on where the best place to go - pre-gig?

And where is the best place to go after the gig (i've seen mention of Factory 251 and 42nd St Nightclubs - which will be best?)

I think i'm just looking for somewhere that will be playing Moz/Smiths tunes before the gig - to get in the mood - and somewhere playing Moz/Smiths related tunes post-gig - to stay in the mood....

(Am just trying to avoid ending up in a shit hole somewhere!)

Is there anywhere with a bit of charm..? (or even glamour - faded or otherwise.)

If anyone can be bothered to answer this - thanks.

If you don't know where you are going, no, it's not. Crown and Anchor is quite close though.

So i'm heading up from London tomorrow morning... (Have seen Moz all over the place, but never in Manchester before.) Am looking forward to it.

Is there a consensus on where the best place to go - pre-gig?

And where is the best place to go after the gig (i've seen mention of Factory 251 and 42nd St Nightclubs - which will be best?)

I think i'm just looking for somewhere that will be playing Moz/Smiths tunes before the gig - to get in the mood - and somewhere playing Moz/Smiths related tunes post-gig - to stay in the mood....

(Am just trying to avoid ending up in a shit hole somewhere!)

Is there anywhere with a bit of charm..? (or even glamour - faded or otherwise.)

If anyone can be bothered to answer this - thanks.

Have you read page 1?

Iona Mink suggested Crown and Anchor near the venue.

Have you read page 1?

Iona Mink suggested Crown and Anchor near the venue.

It'll have loud pop music bellowing out of very poor tinny speakers. I walked in and straight out the other week.

Back
Top Bottom