Manchester Friday Night

NIPPON

Any Suggestions Where To Head Tomorrow Night In Manchester, Fancy Some Indie Or 80s
Or Failing That A Pub With A Good Juke Box?

Any Ideas

Any Suggestions Where To Head Tomorrow Night In Manchester, Fancy Some Indie Or 80s
Or Failing That A Pub With A Good Juke Box?

Any Ideas

Out Patients

love

Grim

Brickhouse?

Pubs with great jukeboxes
Corbieres just off St Ann's Sq
The Thirsty Scholar, Oxford Road under the railway arches at Oxford Road station
Other places with a great jukebox - my house - but I'm out tomorrow so it's not available! :cool:

Clubs -
I haven't been to these for a while, Im sure some of our student fraternity on here will correct me if i'm wrong (Steph?)
5th Avenue, Princess Street
42nd Street just off Deansgate (cant remember the name of the street it is on)
South on South King Street (Im there Saturday night)
Fab Cafe on Portland Street - (good on a Friday but not as good as a Saturday night)

On arrival in Manchester, get the Manchester Evening News or the Metro News in the city centre. Both are free and come complete with a listings guide for the day / weekend.

Enjoy :)

Jukebox Jury

I'll second the Corbieres recommendation - last time I was In Manchester (3 years ago) I went there and the Jukebox resembled my record collection, including Moz of course!

Clubs -
I haven't been to these for a while, Im sure some of our student fraternity on here will correct me if i'm wrong (Steph?)
5th Avenue, Princess Street
42nd Street just off Deansgate (cant remember the name of the street it is on)
South on South King Street (Im there Saturday night)
Fab Cafe on Portland Street - (good on a Friday but not as good as a Saturday night)

5th Avenue is shit, don't go there. Well I used to love it in the 1st year, but it's a cattle market really (if you like that then fine!) and it's crap music.
42nd street is good, but I only go during the week, only been once on a weekend and I can't really remember it, but think it gets really busy on a wkend so you'd have to get there early. When I went on tuesday however, they played 3 Smiths songs which I was well impressed with!
I went to 'The Venue' on a Saturday night, which is just near 42s and it was so much better than the other two, but I think it's only good on a Sat night. Part from that don't ask me, don't get out much!

Back
Top Bottom