Manchester Castlefield Bowl (July 7, 8) confirmation, on sale this week - Morrissey Central

Confirmation - Morrissey Central
May 20, 2018

Morrissey tickets go on sale this week for

Manchester Castlefield Bowl, Saturday July 7th.

Manchester Castlefield Bowl, Sunday July 8th

Events will be 100% vegan/vegetarian.

They’ll pay

It’s a dead argumeet. If they don’t want to go, wind their necks in. Those there at the gig(s) will make up for those not, and quite frankly, won’t bat an eyelid and those who haven’t gone, or spouted shite on here/Facebook.

an artists fee varies depending on the show . for example a band headlining a festival will receive a much higher fee than they would for some headline shows . Morrissey's fee will vary also depending on the size of the venue etc . For example the fee he will receive from this kind of show or and arena show will be a lot larger than he would get from say a Palladium show or when he does those cool tours where he plays town halls which only hold around 1500 - 3000 people . The way out will work is Morrissey will have a set guaranteed fee for this show and the promoter will have their set fee plus all the expenses to cover . Sometimes a show is not costed on a sell out and if that is the case then there will be a percentage split (usually 70 - 80 percent in favour of the artist ) after the show has broken even .

The price of a ticket does have a lot to do with the fee the artist is demanding . My estimate is Morrissey will probably make around 250k from these two show
Taxed at 45%, ouch

Er, what? Taxed? Do you know nothing about Morrissey?
If you are going to say he lives in Switzerland, it’s irrelevant for UK source income

As a goodwill gesture I think Morrissey should donate all profits to the Manchester Bomb victims, it would be so so good if he did

Sure it would but it’s not exactly a crime not to. Same for marr and everyone else. These millionaires could donate all there profit from now on to a bunch of needy causes as there’s no shortage but I’m not gonna put them down if they don’t. I live way beyond my needs as do a lot of people I know but I don’t think to tell them what they should do with there money. Im even playing around on the internet as we speak instead of volenteering at a food pantry. Still though no answer on the ticket price question

If you are going to say he lives in Switzerland, it’s irrelevant for UK source income

No it isn't. By being domiciled in Switzerland, Morrissey can avoid being liable for any personal tax on any income anywhere in the world except Switzerland, if he has any Swiss income in the first place.

You can Google it if you need to, but obviously there would be no point in people becoming tax exiles if their income was just going to be taxed anyway.

No it isn't. By being domiciled in Switzerland, Morrissey can avoid being liable for any personal tax on any income anywhere in the world except Switzerland, if he has any Swiss income in the first place.

You can Google it if you need to, but obviously there would be no point in people becoming tax exiles if their income was just going to be taxed anyway.

The point of being domiciled in Switzerland is to not pay UK taxes on foreign income, but of course
he has to pay on UK income FFS.:straightface:

You’re wrong, he may well be non UK resident and possibly non-UK domicile but it doesn’t get you out of UK tax on UK earnings, unless trivial.

Being domiciled in Switzerland (or ‘offshore’) doesn’t get you out of tax for worldwide income apart from Switzerland. ‘Going offshore’ actually requires a significant transfer of assets outside the UK so that they don’t fall under UK tax which is why it is only an option for the super rich, if they are willing to ‘set up shop’ offshore (ie sever all connections with the UK).

I’d be interested to see your google source....

The other possibility is payment through a company which is taxed at 19% Corp tax and then 36.1 dividend, so possibly even higher tax overall.

The benefit of not being UK resident (ie limiting the days he spends in the UK) is that he won’t be taxable on worldwide income in the UK (at 45%), only UK income - but then why should he be if he is not resident...

The benefit of not being UK resident (ie limiting the days he spends in the UK) is that he won’t be taxable on worldwide income in the UK (at 45%), only UK income - but then why should he be if he is not resident...

No because Morrissey obviously isn't a PAYE kind of guy. You can be 100% certain that any money he makes in the UK will be paid into a Swiss business account rather than to him directly. That makes it non-taxable by HMRC (under Article 7 of the UK-Switzerland Double-Taxation Treaty). Under Swiss law relating to foreign expats, this money is not taxable either as profit or income, except any portion of it which originated in Switzerland. I would guess that probably none of it does. Morrissey will remain entitled to this, unless the rules change, so long as he pays an annual lump-sum tax in Switzerland (typically the equivalent of a few thousand pounds) and stays out of the UK for enough of the tax year (given that he's single, tends to stay in hotels and doesn't have a regular job in the UK, he's probably allowed six months under the relevant rules).

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/manchester-today

Morrissey_Deansgate_Tower_4579-001.jpg
Morrissey_Northern_Quarter_Tower_4655.jpg
Moz_Princess_Parkway_96sh.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Presumably that's why he never actually plays Switzerland. I'm sure there are people who think Morrissey lives in Switzerland for the chocolate, cuckoo clocks and edelweiss so it's nice to set the record straight.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom