Morrissey Central "Mamma Lay Softly" (August 15, 2020)

"The flowers of solace, comfort and consolation that have arrived at Beechmount - my mother's home for over 30 years, and now, her premature place of rest, are all so Hindu sundar; so beautiful; so expensive; so lavish; so glamorous; so much more than I ever expected that anyone anywhere would bestow on my mother. For my own life I don't care anything, but how my worldwide friends have regarded my mother with such great respect and faithful love is a gift to me that no success, triumphs or riches could match.

I send you what remains of my love, and I hope that we all survive so that one day, one way, the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

Morrissey
14 August 2020.

Update:
Central add some more floral tribute images:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he’s longing for some sense of normalcy.

To be back on stage again just like it was before the pandemic/shutdown and before his mother passed.

Getting himself back on stage or at least recording again would be just one of the best things for him.
I agree.

Music is his life.

Without it there's little left.

In regards to the last paragraph, think he was trying to convey that he hopes to see his fans again, that this pandemic/lockdown won’t keep him and his fans apart much longer.

In such a state, he probably hit send without reading what he wrote.
Yep, sounds about right.

I'm really glad to hear from him. We only saw a fraction of what his mom meant to him. I know his grief, and My condolences to him and the family. Please know that our beloved is just a thought away. They will find ways to ease your grief , to comfort you. Never think that there are just mere coincidences. They want to let you know they're ok, and that you're ok. Long past our electrical physical form, remains our Godly, free, infinite, magnetic, vitality, living on forever and ever. You are not alone, Morrissey, and We, too, walk softly beside you. Stay Strong.

I can't work out that end paragraph at all - halls of music & free expression?????

Some words are clearly missing in that last sentence? Music halls are dear to Morrissey; that's where he spent many great nights with his fans, and they are all closed now and that's keeping us apart. Palladium (London) must have a special place in his heart now as his mother probably saw him perform there for the last time.

As for the freedom of speech reference, perhaps he feels that restrictions on this freedom are also keeping him apart from his fans but that is just my guess.

I only feel sadness now, listening to "My life is a succession of people saying goodbye". Very few words can say so much.

I think he’s longing for some sense of normalcy.

To be back on stage again just like it was before the pandemic/shutdown and before his mother passed.

Getting himself back on stage or at least recording again would be just one of the best things for him.
Whatever nest-egg he had set-up for Mum will revert to him and his family. Since he’s without a record contract, he can use that money to get back into the studio. There’s absolutely nothing stopping him. ...provided she didn’t offer up a final life lesson, by giving it all to charity. He’s now got a real loss and the fodder to return to true form.

I hope he can still reach it and that he doesn’t squander it.

Interesting and telling days lie ahead.

Reagrdless......But I think we can all agree that you are a c***. And if you can't see why...then you are an utter c***. Why would you pick holes at a statement of someone grieving? What the f*** is wrong with you?
The irony of someone calling a stranger a “c***” and then asking what is wrong with THAT person? Good grief.

Can someone here please suggest a florist that they have used to send flowers to this address? I am from the US and want to make sure they arrive without issue. Peace and love.

Like I said, you have no grasp of the definition. I never speak of myself. Ever. Get a grip and move on. Troll someone else. You’re a self-righteous bore.
Yes, you speak of yourself, and you're doing it right now, therefore, according to your own understanding of the concept of narcissism, you are a narcissist.

Reagrdless......But I think we can all agree that you are a c***. And if you can't see why...then you are an utter c***. Why would you pick holes at a statement of someone grieving? What the f*** is wrong with you?
Morrissey made the loutish statement and posted it to the internet. He could grieve in private, with those close to him but that’s not what he’s doing. ...and he’s still talking rubbish.

Fair game, kiddo.

“Free speech”. ;)

Here's a nice picture from pinterest that a fan took.

20200814_155658.jpg

Can someone here please suggest a florist that they have used to send flowers to this address? I am from the US and want to make sure they arrive without issue. Peace and love.
Here's a nice picture from pinterest that a fan took.

View attachment 58427
PERFECT! A blurry, sad, old man - through a raccoon’s eyes.
Try - https://www.petalsandpressies.com/

https://www.interflora.co.uk/ I am also from another country than the UK and did the online order through this website. The form of the order requires a contact number of the family, but I just inserted 00000000 and sent a separate message to the customer service saying that the flowers could be left by the gates. The company also informs on different stages of the implementation of the order. Everything worked out successfully

Well you would be when your mums just passed away, he is out and about though, a couple of people have seen him out and about over the last two days.
I believe Morrissey was by his mother's side the last days of her life, and did what he could to save her. Even asked to pray for her. It must have been an extremely painful time for him.

But now Elizabeth's body is probably being prepared to be sent to Ireland. So, he must have things to do, places to go.

And he also needs to breathe a lil bit.

https://www.verdure.co.uk/

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom