Morrissey Central "Mamma Lay Softly" (August 15, 2020)

"The flowers of solace, comfort and consolation that have arrived at Beechmount - my mother's home for over 30 years, and now, her premature place of rest, are all so Hindu sundar; so beautiful; so expensive; so lavish; so glamorous; so much more than I ever expected that anyone anywhere would bestow on my mother. For my own life I don't care anything, but how my worldwide friends have regarded my mother with such great respect and faithful love is a gift to me that no success, triumphs or riches could match.

I send you what remains of my love, and I hope that we all survive so that one day, one way, the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

Morrissey
14 August 2020.

Update:
Central add some more floral tribute images:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Free speech.

PLEASE MODERADOR:
THE LAST THREADS WERE GOOD,DON'T LET THE USUAL UNPRESENTABLES RUIN IT NOT NOW NOO PLEASE😫🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🤨🤨🤨🤨😕🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

Since when do the halls of music and free expression hold the power to exercise malicious deception that keep us apart? like, what?!?

“The halls of malicious deception”? Jesus Mary f***... Even in grief, the guy can’t help himself. The death of a close loved one can often be a transitional experience. It can be a time of learning, reflection and growth. Not for Morrissey. ...and now that the ONE person he actually listened to - who reigned in his narcissism and narrow, toddleresque world view is gone, all bets are off. No good comes of this.

Condolences to him - but also especially to his family, who must now deal with his public politicization of this loss.

You really need to shut the f*** up.
No. He’s 100% correct, son. You’re head is so far up Morrissey’s anus that you can’t see the shit for the pucker. The post is absolutely baseless and classless.

I’m surprised he didn’t shit on the Italian police, the Guardian and the NME in the same post.

The man can’t even make his own mother’s death about HER. Somehow, he’s got to make it about HIM. What a f***ing douche-bag.

Best to her family and friends. Sorry about that “one relative”.

Since when do the halls of music and free expression hold the power to exercise malicious deception that keep us apart? like, what?!?
Yeah, it's a little scrambled but he's grieving so I guess we can allow him the shitty syntax. I'm assuming he's referencing the Covid situation, and possibly also the fallout from his own (possibly unwise) pronouncements. The 'malicious deception' being he thinks it's all a load of rubbish. I think.

Yeah, it's a little scrambled but he's grieving so I guess we can allow him the shitty syntax. I'm assuming he's referencing the Covid situation, and possibly also the fallout from his own (possibly unwise) pronouncements. The 'malicious deception' being he thinks it's all a load of rubbish. I think.
Yes. ...and THAT is the “load of rubbish”.

I don't know what he means - could be a metaphor for life making us think we're separate when we're all one - if he's been thinking along Hindu lines.

The halls of malicious deception”? Jesus Mary f***... Even in grief, the guy can’t help himself. The death of a close loved one can often be a transitional experience. It can be a time of learning, reflection and growth. Not for Morrissey. ...and now that the ONE person he actually listened to - who reigned in his narcissism and narrow, toddleresque world view is gone, all bets are off. No good comes of this.

Condolences to him - but also especially to his family, who must now deal with his public politicization of this loss.

‘The halls of malicious deception” ?

Where’s that in his post ?

A sad time. maybe another Vauxhall will come out of it.

That one relative is the only reason you're putting poison on this website.

Making it all about your emotional reaction to something he's posted about his own mother.
Indeed. Basic facts are poison to many on this website.

I don't know what he means - could be a metaphor for life making us think we're separate when we're all one - if he's been thinking along Hindu lines.
Who knows. But 'music halls' and 'free expression' are very specific and relate directly to him (and his previous comments) in obvious ways.

Most people put their life events on social media.

I think it’s easier in some ways as there’s maybe less personal expectations of how to hold yourself together. I’ve always found it hard to grieve around people/family. I constantly just end up helping them or listening to others talk because they’re my elders and I love them but I also need to spill some feelings and the void of social media can help with that. It’s probably the same with most people

In regards to the last paragraph, think he was trying to convey that he hopes to see his fans again, that this pandemic/lockdown won’t keep him and his fans apart much longer.

In such a state, he probably hit send without reading what he wrote.

‘The halls of malicious deception” ?

Where’s that in his post ?
Hard as I know it may be, for someone with your level of cognizance, please try not to be a complete f***ing clown...

“the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom