Mama (outside of box) Discussion

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuiB0fHBf4s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuiB0fHBf4s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Humor me for a second here. ANYONE can do this and it can be sorta fun. When I look at "symbols" I look at things that people don't do intentionally, they don't know they're doing it. Once they think they know or try to be symbolic, then it isn't anymore.

Okay, so in this song he sings about this "we" who are going to lay down and be safe with this mama person, whoever that is. FOr the sake of simplicity, let's just assume it is NOT Elizabeth Morrissey, but rather like the symbol of a mummy of some kind, like Akhneton or something. Imagine whatever you want, but my interest is in exploring the SNARE DRUMS. Makes me think of snail murder, something my occasional employer Sue does. In the morning she picks up her newspaper and with the plastic bag around it to protect it from dew, collects all the snails in her garden in it, ties it in a knot and sets it on the black asphalt in the direct sun to suffer an agonizing slow death. At least that's how I see it, I mean I don't even think snails have nerve endings and I know they eat our gardens, but really? Oxygen starved torture in the sun? They're living fibonacci sequences, they deserve a little bit more respect in terms of extermination than that.

So my question is, why do you think Morrissey had Pooley and Boz flank him on either side while playing the snare drums in this song, and who are the "we" exactly? Morrissey in his many selves? Or some bigger group?

"Mama" is a symbol for someone that "we" like too much.
It means, someone that we do not wanna something bad happens.

I don't believe this mama is Elizabeth Morrissey.

Okay, I'll start since, well, I doubt anyone cares, but REALLY!!!! It's FUN. Try it with me please? :blushing:

Notice the t-shirts. Kris wears one with a cat on it and stands on his left. Boz stands to his right and wears one with a football or "pigskin." Discuss.

"Mama" is a symbol for someone that "we" like too much.
It means, someone that we do not wanna something bad happens.

Like maybe Morrissey himself who stands between and drives the drummers?
Hmmm? Hmmmm? :rolleyes:

We is how you say yes in French. Backwards it's the outro to Morrissey's name. Maybe we is Morrissey? Which might make him the we AND the mama all at the same time which is why he'd be sheltered in his grave because only he can spend time in his own grave with himself perhaps...

*trails off thinking of his grave...:sweet:*

Last edited:
what do you mean?

It's a sign of accomplishment. When you can steer both of your sphynxes in the same direction, have them marching to the beat of the same drummer, then you are in control of your destiny or on a larger scale, in control of the cosmos. I know this all sounds new agey, but go with it. These sphynxes are men and women, they have lion bodies, women's breasts, men's heads, they're a mix-up of things, but most importantly, they're riddlers. Morrissey (I'm assuming) solves riddles himself, that's why he's so cryptic. The sphynx on the left, the black one, has unfinished business, as represented by Boz's shirt that has an almond on it with stitches. THe almond is a woman whose been torn and has been repaired, but uncovering that truth has lead Morrissey in a direction of darkness he has to balance with light, as represented by the white sphynx who plays keyboard while wearing glasses so he can see clearly despite being blind without them, that sort of thing. THe point is that Morrissey is the charioteer between them and is free to take his chariot wherever he wants to because he can control it with his intelligence and discerment. A chariot out of control can be a disasterous thing. Morrissey is aware of this and his diligence keeps his course steady because he's in charge.

Le-Chariot-The-Chariot.jpg

And the fact that Morrissey's wearing a breastplate might mean he's the catcher making the calls in between his thighs too. :p Go Phillies & Angels!

Technical Question: THat's not even Kris Pooley, is it? Wasn't he blonde?

I'm :confused:

Love the video though.:thumb:

I'm :confused:

Love the video though.:thumb:

Keep an open mind, this is one of those "Communications from the Big Guy."

Look at the card for a minute. Notice the vertical posts holding up the chariot cover, the verticle wheels, the man placed between two entities. Also notice the emblem on the front of the chariot, it's basically a man and woman's private parts fused, or the symbol of Androgyne Mastery. It's on the front of the chariot, but it's also right where the charioteer's part would be too, which means that he's both a man and a woman. Then notice the video, big muscly Morrissey in his pink shirt. THe verticle light bars on the stage, the drummers flanking either side of him. Did Morrissey do the set direction for this video? Doubt it. Did some tarot expert set it up and have Morrissey sing a song about an unexplainable "we?" I doubt it. God did.

Technical Question: THat's not even Kris Pooley, is it? Wasn't he blonde?

That's Kris, he has dark hair, sometimes glasses, and sometimes a beard.

I think his shirt is for the bands of the Washington State Univeristy Cougars.

One last thing before I take my mom to the mall. :p The thing about Morrissey is that he's a moving, living symbol, so it takes patience to see that and compare it to a static card, but it's there. kbye

We is how you say yes in French.

:head-smack: No offence Cryst, but if our Morrissi spoke French, I think some of us would have noticed. Next you'll be telling us he's playing easy to get...

:straightface:

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose since he recently got a tongue, our Morrissey speaks in tongues.:straightface:...Therefore...

Roch Voisine, our lovely lumberjack:sweet:

Ok then a last one to show all singers are multilingual.:highfive:

I suppose since he recently got a tongue, our Morrissey speaks in tongues.:straightface

Actually, he's taking the bull by the horns, but I like your guys theories, keep 'em coming. I gotta go to Atwater and play Rockband now. :p I'll be back later.

award.jpg

Tags
2and2makes5 in the loonybox moz symbol
Back
Top Bottom