Maladjusted (the song) what do you think of it?

WinkWink

Banned
I like it a lot... and i only ask because people rarely talk about it. I think it's the best album opener after Now My Heart Is Full.

I agree, one of my favourites and second favourite opening song after Alsatian Cousin.

I love his falsetto at the end....its swoonworthy!

One of his best IMHO. I dont know why everyone(including Morrissey himself) shits on that album so much? it's a wonderful mish mash of excellent listening. EVERY song on the disc is amazing. I know that he was having problems w/Mercury promoting it and all, but for the most part, it's a wonderful disc, and should be celebrated.

Top cuts from Maladjusted(according to the PIMP):

Roys Keen
Maladjusted
Sorrow Will Come in the End

I like it a lot... and i only ask because people rarely talk about it. I think it's the best album opener after Now My Heart Is Full.

Wow I agree 100%...

I loved the return of the falsetto it was long over due and far under used.

Kumo

some interesting lyrical ideas, yes, but musically unmelodic and pretty dull with the same riff going round and round for the whole track.

Competing with "The Teachers.." for the wooden spoon of Morrissey's opening tracks.

just listening to it the other day and thought "what are the chances of this ever getting played live again??!" Would love it!

I just love Maladjusted so much (the album and song in fact). I like the fact it kinda tells a rambling story, it has some of the most wonderful and beautiful lines in it and really sets the mood for the whole album. I think it’s quite a fascinating insight into his mind at that point in his life too- maybe I read too much into it in that way, but that’s certainly what I feel and that makes it an especially important song in the Morrissey canon. And his voice sounds gorgeous on it too. One of my favourites for sure :)

I think it's f***ing brilliant. A great album opener. Although as much as I love to the song, I do think that it could only have worked as an opener.

I think it's a great, moody opener. And, as a lifelong Chelsea supporter it's got a place in my heart due to the "Fulham Road" and "SW6" references. One of MANY Moz songs to namecheck parts of London.
Up the Blues!!!:D

It's excellent.

I think "Maladjusted" is going to be my next tattoo. I think it will be fitting across my throat.

It's excellent.

I think "Maladjusted" is going to be my next tattoo. I think it will be fitting across my throat.

don't you ever worry you may change as a person and not like your tattoos or whatever message it conveys? like at age 30--40--50--60--70yrs old?

I do...i once was going to get an eyebrow piercing years ago (i'm now 27), and i'm glad i didn't. i also was about to get a tattoo, which would mean nothing to me now.

i'm just curious. :cool:

don't you ever worry you may change as a person and not like your tattoos or whatever message it conveys? like at age 30--40--50--60--70yrs old?

I do...i once was going to get an eyebrow piercing years ago (i'm now 27), and i'm glad i didn't. i also was about to get a tattoo, which would mean nothing to me now.

i'm just curious. :cool:

Some of the tattoos that I have, I suppose I could 'regret', as I am at a different place now. However, they are reminiscient (sp?) of who I am or was at a time, and that is something that I bear no regret for.

I'm beyond the point where I'm so concerned about image or what message I might convey to someone via ink on my body. I don't do these things for other people, and I don't get tattoos to convey a message to others about myself. They are for me, and only for me. I understand that one might have a preconceived notion about me, or might judge me based on outward appearance...however, those are not people I choose to associate myself with.

;)

Down the road, I might wonder, "What the hell was I thinking?"...but then I will have to stop and remember exactly what the hell I was thinking, and whether it has changed or not, it will be sweet...or bittersweet...whatever the case, it will be a memory...one that is or was strong enough to be etched on my being forevermore.

That, I think, is pretty f***ing awesome no matter what way you wanna look at it.

But that's just me...to each their own. :p

thats crazy, i think i deleted my blog but i had a blog up a few weeks ago mentioning Maladjusted up there with his openers saying only NMHIF and Alsatian Cousin could compete. the album for me is underrated and i personally like it better than Vauxhall.

i know that i'll get lauded for what I just said but I never felt Vauxhall and I was graduating high school when it came out so you'd think that with the timing of it I would like it more, but I just feel Arsenal, Ringleaders and Maladjusted more. wow just typing this I realize that I'd put Viva Hate next then Vauxhall. Southpaw and Quarry and Uncle (of course) don't do as much for me.

Down the road, I might wonder, "What the hell was I thinking?"...but then I will have to stop and remember exactly what the hell I was thinking, and whether it has changed or not, it will be sweet...or bittersweet...whatever the case, it will be a memory...one that is or was strong enough to be etched on my being forevermore.

wow. thats the best way any has ever explained that. if you dont mind, i think ill use that in the future when people ask me about my ink

Back
Top Bottom