Maladjusted, Re-Writing History

• Thread starter hindsight is 20/20, dont cry over spilled milk, yo
  • Start date
H

hindsight is 20/20, dont cry over spilled milk, yo

Here is what Maladjusted could have and should have been!!

1) The Album's Cover:

Change it to the cover for Roy's Keen (Children Playing), Alma Matters (Moz leaning on old car), Rare Tracks (Moz in coat standing).

Get rid of that awful, he is taking a dump squat pose.

2) The Songs:

Get rid of Papa Jack, Sorrow Will Come in The End, He Cried, and use them as B-Sides.

Replace the above with:

Heir Apparent
I Can Have Both
Lost

All of which are superior to the A-Sides I suggesting using as B-Sides.

Keep: The Edges Are Parallel, This is Not Your Country, & Now I Am a Was, as B-Sides.

3) Re-Sequence the Track Listing to Play as follows:

1. Maladjusted
2. Alma Matters
3. Ambitious Outsiders
4. Trouble Loves Me
5. Heir Apparent
6. Ammunition
7. Wide To Receive
8. Roy's Keen
9. Lost
10. Satan Rejected My Soul
11. I Can Have Both

Now you have an album that goes from 3 of 5 stars to 4 of 5 stars!!

And you have happy/miserable, but satiated, Moz fans, and maybe even some kind NME-like critics too!!

I feel sooooooooooooo much better now!

I shall burn a CD, play it like this, and I shall call said CD "MALADJUSTED."

p.s. have I been touched by the hand of God?

No. But keep trying and enjoy listening to those songs, time and time again.

FACx

> p.s. have I been touched by the hand of God?

Good idea

I did a similar thing with Ian Brown's Unfinished Monkey Business because I was pissed off with the sequencing / choice of tracks (some tracks existed as much superior remixes, and certain B-sides were better). I never listen to the original now.

And yeah, that tracklisting is better. Agree with ditching Papa Jack and Sorrow Will Come In The End, but get rid of Ambitious Outsiders and the title track as well - replace these with Now I Am A Was, and The Edges Are No Longer Parallel. Good call in general though.

If you really want an amazing Maladjusted album do what I did...4 easy steps.

4. Throw out that stinky, old Maladjusted album that's been giving you headaches for nearly 7 years.
3. Go buy Interpol's Turn on the Bright Lights.
2. Burn this masterpiece onto a disc.
1. Call it Maladjusted. No one will ever know. I promise you.

When I bump this shit in my ride ladies are like, "Damn papi, what album is this???" To which, I turn to them and softly whisper into their ears, "It's Maladusted."

Generally agree.

I hate to see Papa Jack removed from the album, because I think it is a fantastic song. But you're right--it doesn't fit very well with the rest of the tracks you left on or added. And I'd sacrifice it in order to have the other two songs, Sorrow Will Come in The End & He Cried, removed. Tough love, but worth it. Good call.

Good idea. I think I may make my own "MALADJUSTED ADJUSTED" cd.

(Message Deleted by Poster)

Message Deleted by Poster

I liked 'He Cried'

Now i'm gonna cry.

But i liked your idea non the less. Maladjusted seemed a little half-assed to me. And ditch the title track instead; it sounds like it's in slow motion or something. I liked the lyrics, but..... blech.

Re: Thank You Chill

No, thank you. I've never thought of myself as "wicked smart," but truth be told, I quite like the sound of it.

Hope all is well with you as well.

Back
Top Bottom