Maladjusted Appreciation Thread

Maladjusted is a fantastic album.

It brought me back to Morrissey after a 5-year- hiatus which started after Kill Uncle (and during which I admittedly had quite a love affair with REM). Even Vauxhall didnt get me back on track then..shame I know. :o

I just dont understand why it isn't applauded generally as one of his masterpieces, it's full of great songs and heartbreaking lyrics..Trouble Loves Me, Wide To Receive..etcetera pepe. Weak spot for me is only "Papa Jack" and of course the scary album cover.

Oh..btw.."He Cried" ranks amongst the Top Ten of my favourite Moz tunes.

Both Quarry and ROTT will never come close to Maladjusted in my view.

I just received it today - and after all the dire warnings on this forum I expected something as awful as sounthpaw grammar - but it's really nice - I like it!
don't know why people find it so bad. but then i'm one of those who also likes kill uncle.

I just received it today - and after all the dire warnings on this forum I expected something as awful as sounthpaw grammar - but it's really nice - I like it!
don't know why people find it so bad. but then i'm one of those who also likes kill uncle.

"southpaw grammar" is a great l.p. - far better than "you are the..." or "ringleader...".

"maladjusted" is also pretty good - it's also much better than the muck he's put out, since.

"southpaw grammar" is a great l.p. - far better than "you are the..." or "ringleader...".

"maladjusted" is also pretty good - it's also much better than the muck he's put out, since.

I just learned a new word: muck :)
mhhh - don't know about southpaw... that 1st track... fortunately this was one of the cds I didn't pay for - they had it at the library :)

Malajusted is a flawed genius of an album. I don't have "Sorrow will come" On my copy, thankfully,

I got Maladjusted for Christmas this year, and it's not a bad album at all. There are absolute classics on there, and only at most two songs I feel could be considered "weak". Even the opener, which I initially dismissed, sounds great on later listenings. (And "Satan Rejected My Soul" is a fantastic closing track.)

Back
Top Bottom