Make-up: Yes or No?

Do you wear make-up most days?

• Female: Yes, I use make-up most days and I love wearing it.

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • Female: Yes, but I only use make-up because others think it makes me look good.

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Female: No, but I do wear it when going out.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Female: No, because my skin reacts badly to make-up and/or make-up remover.

• Female: No, because I'm not interested in wearing make-up.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Female: No, because I think it's being conformist.

• Female: Other (please specify).

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Male: Yes, why ever not? :p

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Male: Yes, but only VERY discreet eyeliner.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Male: No, but I do wear it on occasion.

• Male: No, because people think it's weird.

• Male: No, because my skin reacts badly to make-up and/or make-up remover.

• Male: No, because I'm not interested in wearing make-up.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Male: Other (please specify).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Franzanna

In retirement
Essentially, this thread is about whether you like wearing make-up, whether you think people look better in make-up, or if you think they shouldn't for whatever reason.

The reason I post this is because since I am now allowed to wear discreet make-up to school, I decided to buy myself some lipstick and eyeshadow. I just took the eyeshadow off and I could barely open my eyes! I used normal cleanser and toner, and it burrrrrrrned like Hell. Even if I use the gentle eye make-up remover, it still burns. I wish I hadn't bought the eyeshadow now. :(

I already used kohl eyeliner on occasion, which I find stays on for about 4 days after I apply it.

However, people tell me I look very pretty with make-up on.

How about everyone else?

I did once use my wife's eye lash stuff (mascara) to darken the graying in my beard.

Worked ok but it kinda rubs off.

Maybe there is some extra mild formula that would be right for you? You should see a dermatologist!

I hate putting on make up because I'm lazy, but I love wearing it because I look better. If only it could just magically apply itself to my face when I wish :p

I LOVE wearing make up and especially red lipstick. I have a big lipstick fetish. I just FEEL better in it.

I did once use my wife's eye lash stuff (mascara) to darken the graying in my beard.

Worked ok but it kinda rubs off.

You need to try Haircolor For Men. Or get a waterproof mascara. Even salons nowadays darken eyebrows and I'm sure they'd be able to darken the grey in your beard.

Essentially, this thread is about whether you like wearing make-up, whether you think people look better in make-up, or if you think they shouldn't for whatever reason.

The reason I post this is because since I am now allowed to wear discreet make-up to school, I decided to buy myself some lipstick and eyeshadow. I just took the eyeshadow off and I could barely open my eyes! I used normal cleanser and toner, and it burrrrrrrned like Hell. Even if I use the gentle eye make-up remover, it still burns. I wish I hadn't bought the eyeshadow now. :(

I already used kohl eyeliner on occasion, which I find stays on for about 4 days after I apply it.

How about everyone else?

Make-Up?

I didn't know we had fallen out....:tears:

oh I rarely bother, I really don't know how to put it on properly. Always been a bit of a tom boy, well apart from the hair. Always had really long hair

snap, :)
I really hate the make up counter women in department stores, they look like theyve had it applied with a shovel its so thick and OTT, not a good advert for their porducts me thinks, (i used to just run past them and try not to look, for fear i might scream in fright..Lol)

How about everyone else?

The wearing of makeup is nowadays considered good grooming for women of any age. I love it.

Would you like some advice from an old pro? If you are young, you don't need much to get by. Whatever you do, don't spend alot of money on the stuff. See if you could find a good drugstore/chemist that have a return policy on their cosmetics.

Makeup remover is not really necessary. A really good face cleanser should do the job. Look for one that specifically says on the packaging that it strong enough to remove makeup. Yes, the waterproof mascaras are tough. Petrolium jelly or even baby oil applied with a q-tip are far more milder and cheaper then that eye remover stuff.

Was the eyeshadow you tried cream-based or powder? Was it matte or sparkly/metalic? Cream may be too heavy for your skin to deal with. Metalics may be irritating. Stick with matte or otherwise, eyelining may be the way to go. Look for a pencil with a sponge tip that will not only allow you to create a strong line, but also smudge a bit for drama; grey, brown, navy, and emerald are great choices.

To save a few pennies, look for a cream blush that doubles as a lip color (yeah, they have them.)

Most importantly, get into the habit of wearing a sunscreen or else, you will be forty years old like me shopping for stuff to fade age spots. :p

Last edited:
***cracks knuckles***

Ah make up. Never did I think in my lifetime that I would consider eye liner such a regular part of every day. I was/still am a tom boy. For as long as I can remember I thought make up was a waste of time. I didn't want any part of it. Then I realized, hey it looks cool on others but I would never know how to put it on etc. I didn't start wearing make up until I was 20 yrs old. And I haven't looked back since. I really like it. I wear it pretty much every day and if I don't wear it, I feel strange. So that's 1 drawback but I think its fair enough.

As for starting out I think a little mascara and eye shadow can go a long way. If you like the look of eye liner, by all means go for it. I love it. But yes a big part of it is the remover. Soap and water won't work and a lot of eye make up removers don't cut it either. But this is my best friend...

4127GKVDV9L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I have tried tons of other removers and none of them work like this one. Its getting hard to find in stores these days so I might start ordering it online. You can get it on amazon.

But basically I think make up is a great way to show off your own beauty. And at the same time there are plenty of natural beauties out there who don't need any make up at all and I admire that.

But all in all its fun for me and I'm glad I wear it.

I never use special makeup removers. I wash my face in the morning with this:

cetaphil.jpg

And at night, to get the makeup off, I use their Daily Skin Cleanser. Both are so gentle they don't even sting if you get them in your eyes. I used Cetaphil to wash my preemie baby's skin, it was the only thing gentle enough.

Lots of very good cosmetic and skincare advice here: www.cosmeticscop.com

#1 WEAR SUNBLOCK! I know you live in England and the sun rarely shines there, but wear it anyway. Or you'll regret it when you're my age. :D

I like makeup. Like Skinner, I feel weird w/out it, especially eyeliner. Especially if I go out at night I like to play up my eyes alot, crazy eyeshadow colors and heavy liner. I don't really like lipstick though. If I wear it, its usually something pale. thats important to remember. you either decide to play up your eyes, or your lips. if you put on red lipstick dont do dark eyeshadow and eyeliner. if you play up both, then you might end up looking like a hussy. ;)

I like makeup. Like Skinner, I feel weird w/out it, especially eyeliner. Especially if I go out at night I like to play up my eyes alot, crazy eyeshadow colors and heavy liner. I don't really like lipstick though. If I wear it, its usually something pale. thats important to remember. you either decide to play up your eyes, or your lips. if you put on red lipstick dont do dark eyeshadow and eyeliner. if you play up both, then you might end up looking like a hussy. ;)

Haha! This is true. I also don't do lip stuff really. I like the look of red lipstick but I never seem to wear it. I'm more of a lip smacker lady :o

But Like nugz, I do tend to wear heavy eye liner. that is why I need a specific remover. It doesn't like to leave my face so I need something that will really do the trick. Anything in a lotion base will work better if you wear heavy liner and/or mascara

thats important to remember. you either decide to play up your eyes, or your lips.

I've heard that before, some Hollywood tip or somn...

I have to at least wear mascara or I have no eyelashes. I usually wear a minimal amount of makeup. Even when I have it on, I'm sometimes told I'm a 'natural beauty'/that I don't need to wear any makeup... :confused::mad: as if I don't have any on... hey, I did not spend 10 minutes on my face for it to look like I don't have makeup on! :rolleyes::p

I skipped mascara today for the first time. I would have just looked like Spongebob. I have about three left on each side! I'm using a fine line of strategic eyeliner instead. Brows holding steady, though, and those are easy to fill in.

spongebob.jpg

Back
Top Bottom