Make sure you vote on 4 June 09 and stop the BNP!

Re: Make sure you vote on Thursday and stop the BNP!

Tories: the evil spawns of Satan, their leader is a potato-headed professional idiot

So very true. I sat behind him on a train recently and his head was definitely potato shaped.
I think i'm gonna vote Green. I really have no faith in any of the main parties, and that's not just because of all this expenses crap (it's got out of hand). I'm a first time voter and i'm politically confused; my family's Labour but New Labour means nothing to me. I have no allegiance and my apathy worries me.

So very true. I sat behind him on a train recently and his head was definitely potato shaped.
I think i'm gonna vote Green. I really have no faith in any of the main parties, and that's not just because of all this expenses crap (it's got out of hand). I'm a first time voter and i'm politically confused; my family's Labour but New Labour means nothing to me. I have no allegiance and my apathy worries me.

Not voting doesn't necessarily mean you're apathetic. I never plan to vote. Voting is the most apathetic form of political 'action' possible.

Not voting doesn't necessarily mean you're apathetic. I never plan to vote. Voting is the most apathetic form of political 'action' possible.

Women died so I could vote. I remember that every time I feel like not bothering.

Women died so I could vote. I remember that every time I feel like not bothering.

It's not a question of not being bothered. I have massive, massive respect for the Suffragettes (I was semi-dressed up as one cycling around London yesterday. :)), but as a general feminist direct action campaign. It's disgustingly sexist that women couldn't vote, I think it's important that they gained equality with men on that issue. But, when it comes down to it, all of our votes mean nothing. Representative democracy can never work.

It's not a question of not being bothered. I have massive, massive respect for the Suffragettes (I was semi-dressed up as one cycling around London yesterday. :)), but as a general feminist direct action campaign. It's disgustingly sexist that women couldn't vote, I think it's important that they gained equality with men on that issue. But, when it comes down to it, all of our votes mean nothing. Representative democracy can never work.

If I remember well, you're not old enough to vote anyway are you?
Please don't be offended, but there's a reason why people under the age of 18 are not allowed to vote, in fact..if it were up to me, people should not be allowed to vote until they reach 25. I honestly don't think I was ready to vote when I was 18.

Please don't be offended, but there's a reason why people under the age of 18 are not allowed to vote, in fact..if it were up to me, people should not be allowed to vote until they reach 25. I honestly don't think I was ready to vote when I was 18.

I know I'm not. I know many people over 18 (and 25, actually) who will not be voting, and it is not out of political apathy. I see everyone who just goes and puts a cross in a box once or twice a year as apathetic.

Yes but you should all vote because imagine if your vote was worth what it is in Zimbabwe.

I know I'm not. I know many people over 18 (and 25, actually) who will not be voting, and it is not out of political apathy. I see everyone who just goes and puts a cross in a box once or twice a year as apathetic.

So we do what? Boycott the booths while the Tories and the nutjobs from the BNP bus their people into the polling stations to vote for them?

Munchy isn't 18 yet, but she can change her mind and her friends, too.

I can't vote for EU election, but ask all my British friends to vote.

Thank you "nasty", "albion" and "jane" for your responses. I appreciate the time you took to help me understand.

If you don't vote Lib Dem around here it's a wasted vote.So I'll waste mine and vote Labour.Can't go against a lifetime of ingrained beliefs.

No, voting Labour, tories or Libs is a wasted vote......if the BNP are standing in your area.

Libs / Lab and tory twats will easily get their % and the MEP's as a result.
The BNP are after this magical 8% of the vote in order to get a delegate elected.
Therefore, it is vital you vote Green or other party to ensure that that party gets 8% and more and not the BNP.
For every Green vote, the BNP have to get two to beat it.......

3 weeks ago, my local council ward had a by election due top the death of the Labour councillor. The BNP went for the jugular...... I sacrificed my Green vote to vote Labour, who won by 500 votes... the BNP came a worrying second:angry:
It's a sad case of events where we now vote for who we dont want rather than who we do want in order to stop someone we definately do not want to win:squiffy:

VOTE GREEN!

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:

I totally agree when it's just the usual 3 main parties standing..... however..... when twats like the BNP are standing, you have to mobilise and ensure they do not get in under any circumstances.

You are talking nonsence...... young people under 18 are perfectly capable of making their own minds up and voting on such important decisions of national importance.
Every Saturday evening, millions of them vote on X Factor, Strictly Come Wanking, Britons Got Bearded Women and other such shite:laughing:

I can't vote for EU election, but ask all my British friends to vote.

And do they both listen to you:p

Jukebox Jury

So we do what? Boycott the booths while the Tories and the nutjobs from the BNP bus their people into the polling stations to vote for them?

I don't have a problem with people who want to vote. As long as it's in addition to real action.

If I was going to vote it would be Green, though.

I'm definitely going to vote, I just don't feel that any political party is in any way representative of my views so it's going to be the best of a bad bunch. What political action would you rather we take that is less apathetic? Voting is the most direct way to take political action and we should all take advantage of it. Protests, petitions, boycotts etc., these things are nothing in comparison to going to a polling station and making your vote count..

And do they both listen to you:p

Jukebox Jury

I don't ask them to vote a particular party which I'd like to vote.
Only remind them not to waste their votes.
Although I pay tax and NI, the government doesn't allow me to vote.

That's 'cause you'd vote to merge everything! :p

*runs like hell*

I'm definitely going to vote, I just don't feel that any political party is in any way representative of my views so it's going to be the best of a bad bunch. What political action would you rather we take that is less apathetic? Voting is the most direct way to take political action and we should all take advantage of it. Protests, petitions, boycotts etc., these things are nothing in comparison to going to a polling station and making your vote count..

Being active can take lots of different forms. As an easy example though, riding a bike everyday instead of driving is doing more to change things than voting Green. Or, go and skip a load of vegetables from a supermarket, cook some food and give it away for free. Trust me, you'll feel better...

"I didn't go and vote, no, I didn't need to. I vote everyday through what I do! Won't give away my power to a bureaucrat. Representation? I'm stronger than that!"

Presumably you are not a UK citizen, but here with a residency / work permit.
If the BNP get in, you will be first out which would be very bad news indeed.

On second thoughts.......

VOTE BNP:rofl:

Jukebox Jury

PS The above is a joke

I'm a unison steward,we are reminding members to vote.
if the BNP get in then the hateful, racist, sexist, homophomic thugs, who believe the Holocaust was a hoax, will have power and alot of money

Back
Top Bottom