Major Tour of Japan, NZ & more; "Suedehead" remix single release announced

Statement - true-to-you.net
15 January 2012

Morrissey will travel to Japan in April where he will undertake ten concerts. It will be the most detailed tour of Japan ever undertaken by Morrissey.
There are plans to follow the Japanese tour with concerts in Thailand, the Philippines and New Zealand.

Full details of the Japanese tour are expected to be announced within the next week.

Also in April, EMI Records will issue the single 'Suedehead', as remixed by Ron and Russell Mael. The single is 3:35 in length, and will be issued as a CD release and a 10" picture disc, both using previously unseen photographs of Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
In response to those critical of anonymous critiques of Morrissey, I frankly have no desire to join the site and register. I am not hiding--although many will claim that I am. I am originally from Pittsburgh, where he canceled twice for basically very weak reasons., so perhaps I harbor ill will.

Morrissey's does only what helps Morrissey; his decision to play Japan is totally for his own gain--not to help the Japanese economy after the natural disaster. He is very hypocritical in his words and deeds, and this cannot be disputed.

A release of a Suedehead mix? Seems like someone is trying to build a retirement nest or cover some legal costs? He should actually sit down and try to regain the old "piss and vinegar" that helped him to pen some his most impressive lyrics back in the early days. The drivel that he puts out now with the repetition of one, two, or three lines is clearly evidence of his lack of inspiration or a loss of the passion that he once had. Then, the poor excuse for a band that he surrounds himself with is another sad note to a once illustrious career.

Poor, sad, Morrissey.

Re: Article: Major Tour of Japan, NZ & more; "Suedehead" remix single release announc

I love Morrissey and his music. Every single time I come to this place I get frustrated because people do not just disagree but are just plain mean. I love to here Morrissey fans but this is bad.

You obviously have trouble HEREing!

Re: Article: Major Tour of Japan, NZ & more; "Suedehead" remix single release announc

This is not about the money as how much can Morrissey possible even make in places like Japan, India and Australia. Whatever money he makes touring comes from the States and England mainly.
He tours these other places as he seems to have preferences for visiting these not typical locales like India and Israel and even possibly New Zealand and Australia.
He has though clearly no desire to visit Canada as obviously Toronto and Vancouver and the like don’t have the same appeal.
So he will take his stand on Canada but never on the States or England or Germany because they help fund his tour and buy his Cds and never on these other places he simply enjoys for their diversity.
Canada unfortunately for them falls into neither and thus will continue to be excluded.

If the way a "country" (Lines drawn in the sand) treats members of other species is the criteria for Morrissey's tours then he should retire instantly as there really is no preferable nation.I'm sure he'll play Meat Is Murder and preface the song with a line or two about dolphins and whales for what it's worth.

That Sparks Suedehead remix is bloody awful. Leave the whales alone and harpoon the person who agreed to the release instead.

If the way a "country" (Lines drawn in the sand) treats members of other species is the criteria for Morrissey's tours then he should retire instantly as there really is no preferable nation.I'm sure he'll play Meat Is Murder and preface the song with a line or two about dolphins and whales for what it's worth.

"You Have Krilled Me."

"Blubber Ring."

"That Fluke Isn't Funny Anymore."

My Queerest Love
Fishhead
You're the One for Me Cathy

But...but...but...what about Boston and NY? Neglecting a huge fan base. I wish him much success on his tour, but really hope he comes back to the East Coast at some point.

It's up to Morrissey to decide what his morals dictate he does, not us. I'm sure he's more clued up on the situation than the vast majority of us are, and has made an informed decision on the matter.

But I'm delighted to hear about this, and of course especially delighted for those in the above mentioned areas who are going to be able to see him after such an amount of time, or for the first time. I wish the dates every success, and hope they're treated to shows as brilliant as what I witnessed over here.

And as for the Suedehead remix, is this the same one as was floating around a few years ago? If so, I was actually quite fond of their remix, and will be glad to see it surface properly. If not, well, Ron and Rus Mael to me are musical geniuses to me, and they do have good musical sense so I can't wait to hear it anyway. Someones bounds to be along with some Paint A Vulgar Picture 'reissue, repackage' quotes in reference to the 10" picture disc and photos, but I still love it when things come out well formatted and presented - it makes a purchase worthwhile for me. I look forward to it!

Repulsive opportunists such as he have no morals.

I don’t know what Morrissey’s problem is with Canada. He is missing out as I just got back from eating Kentucky Fried Seals. It is so tasty. I got it extra crispy with extra fins. And a side order of Mashed Whale Potatoes. It is so yummy especially when they leave their blowholes in.
It is so wonderful and tomorrow I am just going to have a plate of seal as it is so so good especially when they leave the head on.
I had a side order of Walrus Fries and I washed it down with a Squid Shake.
Colonial Sanders is my hero for bring this delicacy to us here in Canada. I only wish I could eat him as well.

I am a fan of Morrissey's work, but not him as an individual. No longer. I was one of those teens in the early 80s that fell in love with the Smiths. They meant the World to me. So did Moz for a long while.

Or, maybe we're posting anonymously because we don't actually have accounts, and don't want to make one for fear of being associated to the site, or more like (some) of the peoplr on it.

Actually, fundamentally I like the site, and the majority of the users are lovely. It's just a minority who dominate and make it a bitter and unpleasant place to remain or become a member on for any significant period of time.

Ahahaha! Yea, I'm sure this is TOTALLY the case. In a sea of anonymous f***tards, you have just stood out as the spokesman for the group, with a reply as asinine as this. Because I'm SURE so many, many people out there in internet-land are concerned with what sites and what fanbase you're associated with :lbf: Because living "in fear" of being associated with a site like this should be your number one concern in life :tears: :tears: :tears:

Politics aside, I'm just hoping he comes back to the US, this time to play some shows EAST of the Mississippi. Been missing Morrissey here in New York.

Bugger it. If the man won't come to me, I'll go to him! New Zealand is basically a domestic flight anyways. Missed him in 1994 in Auckland because I was a poor student. Now I'm an adult - still no money - but I'll be there. I'll be there!

Ahahaha! Yea, I'm sure this is TOTALLY the case. In a sea of anonymous f***tards, you have just stood out as the spokesman for the group, with a reply as asinine as this. Because I'm SURE so many, many people out there in internet-land are concerned with what sites and what fanbase you're associated with :lbf: Because living "in fear" of being associated with a site like this should be your number one concern in life :tears: :tears: :tears:

Umm get a life! Seriously! I think most people post as anonymous cos they cant be bothered with having to sign up, but want to contribute to the conversation. Fair enough. I'm a Moz fan, thats how I got here. But im not a fan of savage on-line behavior. What happened to being nice? I've wasted enough of my time already. Good day Sir!

Umm get a life! Seriously! I think most people post as anonymous cos they cant be bothered with having to sign up, but want to contribute to the conversation. Fair enough. I'm a Moz fan, thats how I got here. But im not a fan of savage on-line behavior. What happened to being nice? I've wasted enough of my time already. Good day Sir!

Just ignore that troll. He/she has only been on this website for a month, and they are already trying to act like like they are some kind of voice of reason and wit, but it's pretty obvious that they are nothing of the sort. Just ignore the loser. And yeah, Thesmithsmorrissey (brilliant name btw. You came up with that all by yourself?) complaining about people posting anonymously is pretty rich, considering you are just as anonymous to begin with. Read this guy's posts. Troll alert of the highest order.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom