Major Tour of Japan, NZ & more; "Suedehead" remix single release announced

Statement - true-to-you.net
15 January 2012

Morrissey will travel to Japan in April where he will undertake ten concerts. It will be the most detailed tour of Japan ever undertaken by Morrissey.
There are plans to follow the Japanese tour with concerts in Thailand, the Philippines and New Zealand.

Full details of the Japanese tour are expected to be announced within the next week.

Also in April, EMI Records will issue the single 'Suedehead', as remixed by Ron and Russell Mael. The single is 3:35 in length, and will be issued as a CD release and a 10" picture disc, both using previously unseen photographs of Morrissey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Major Tour of Japan, NZ & more; "Suedehead" remix single release announc

Alot of Anonymous posters here seem unhappy that members feel free to critisize Morrissey.
2 points, if i may:
It's true for Morrissey as it is for everyone, if you insist on making political statements about what is right and wrong, then you open yourself up to scrutiny of your actions and contradictions between what you say and what you do will be highlighted.
Secondly, I would guess that even the most critcal member here likes his music and that is enough to make one a fan.

Surely ,if coming so far south,he'll include Australia,won't he ? As ever , fingers crossed.

Wow alot of Anonymous posts! Going to Japan & Thailand will make Morrissey outspoken as ever, his presence and media coverage will bring those who abuse & murder animals into global shame. I pray he will put up ever bloody backdrop when Meat is Murder plays, not just our four legged friends, but those who slaughter the giants of the seas.

For the ones who think of slagging off our Mozza, you can rot in hell!

Lolz you f***ing losers always posting as "anonymous" are a real trip, always getting your Morrissey underoos in a twist and yet scared shitless to log in and let everyone know who it is spewing the Morrissey bile. So concerned about your worthless little reputations on "a once-essential fansite"why don't you people just post as "hypocrite" from now on because you all quickly start sounding the same.As one "anonymous" twat put it, if Morrissey boycotted every country that harmed animals, he wouldn't be touring anywhere in the world. Then you'd have something entirely different to moan and bitch about. Seriously, what are some of you hypocrites doing to stop animal cruelty in your everyday lives? NOTHING, that's what. So it must be very easy to log onto your computers from the safety of your homes and throw knives at a man who does more in a week for the prevention of animal cruelty than you could ever come up with in your entire existencealso, I'm tired of you misguided schlubs constantly bashing the last three albums of His Mozness, when it's clear you've never heard albums like Kill Uncle, Southpaw Grammar or Maladjusted in regards to "let-down Morrissey albums".f***ing parasites. Go post on the Bob Geldoff forums with the rest of your foolsih ilk

Re: Article: Major Tour of Japan, NZ & more; "Suedehead" remix single release announc

For the ignorant people out there who say Canada and Japan are in the same bracket, let me tell you one tiny difference - the bloody EARTHQUAKE!
Japan has suffered enormously this past year and a lot of foreigners are afraid to visit there now. Thousands were killed(including the elderly, women,children). Their land(soil, water resources, wild life)will continue to endure and experience the horrible after-effects of the nuclear leak for the next 40 YEARS. Japan right now needs a lot of help. AS FAR AS I'M AWARE OF, CANADA IS PRETTY MUCH OK .
I believe Morrissey's tour will help remove the fear of tourists and well known personae of visiting there and the Japanese will appreciate the emotional support. I'm not cynical like most of you "fans". I regard Morrissey as a great animal rights advocate....but also a great human being who cares for other human life. The timing is no coincidence, Morrissey felt the pain of Japan's tragedy.

so if Canada had a major earthquake, I guess Moz will then tour Canada. Wait, Oakland has a history with earthquakes. I think someone told Moz he could get sweet deals on football shirts from sweatshops in that area. Animal rights? not so much, people rights? not so much

oh, andMorrissey, NOBODY wants to hear another remix of a 25 year old song. Why are you doing this year-in, year-out? Is it too much for you to release NEW songs every few years? Is this another run up to another "Very Best Of For Real This Time" collectionGive it a rest

Yeah, and my morals don't dictate to me that a seal's life is any more valuable than that of a whale's. You honestly cannot argue with the fact that there seems to be something very wrong with notion that it's okay to ignore the fans in one of the biggest countries in the world, because their government supports a seal cull, and in turn visit a country that funds some the largest-scale animal exterminations currently happening anywhere on the planet? I don't have any problem with him going to Japan to play, because he can obviously use his power to give voice to the issue if he chooses, but to still carry on a boycott of Canada because of seals at the same time is just absurd, and wrong. PETA themselves knows exactly what Japan are up to http://www.peta.org/b/thepetafiles/archive/tags/Japan/default.aspx

I'm not trying to say wether his decision is right or wrong, especially when you take in to consideration his stance on Canada - all that I am saying is it's irrelevant what we think, the decision is down to Morrissey. He's made the decision, and considering his links with peta probably a well informed one. We don't know the motives for the tour, we can barely even guess; for all we know he could plan to use the shows as a platform to raise awareness of the exterminations. Whatever his reason for undertaking tne tour, his actions are his own choice, and it's not for us to quarrel with them.

If Morrissey feels it's appropriate to play in Japan but not Canada, then ok. He can think for himself, he's an intellegent man. If someone doesn't agree with what he's doing, especially those who are supposed to be his fans, well then just don't get imvolved if you really oppose that much. This is a personal decision for him, and therefire not one we particularly have the right to slate and hound him for.

People post on here because they have witnessed Morrissey go from a brilliant lyricist to a bitter old man who contradicts himself in numerous ways. A little bit of healthy criticism never hurt anyone, so deal with it.

Just because we criticize does not mean we are not fans--we are not "yes men" who think that all he does is gold. Life does not work this way, and he should understand and deal with this. But again, he cannot handle anything or anyone who does not think he has the Midas Touch on everything.

I genuinely cannot see how you call yourself a fan and then go on to call Morrissey "a bitter old man who contradicts himself in numerous ways". Now THAT sounds more like a contradiction.
Morrissey is still an absolutely brilliant lyricist, and if you can't see this then it's you who's in the minority.
And I don't think 'all he does is gold' as such. He's human for christ's sake. Even if I don't agree with something he says or does, I'm grown-up enough to acknowledge it's his own choice, and I don't have to support it if I don't want to.

I don't think Morrissey's the bitter one, I think it's those 'fans' who can't cope with the fact that he's developed over time as an artist and a person.

Lolz you f***ing losers always posting as "anonymous" are a real trip, always getting your Morrissey underoos in a twist and yet scared shitless to log in and let everyone know who it is spewing the Morrissey bile. So concerned about your worthless little reputations on "a once-essential fansite"why don't you people just post as "hypocrite" from now on because you all quickly start sounding the same.As one "anonymous" twat put it, if Morrissey boycotted every country that harmed animals, he wouldn't be touring anywhere in the world. Then you'd have something entirely different to moan and bitch about. Seriously, what are some of you hypocrites doing to stop animal cruelty in your everyday lives? NOTHING, that's what. So it must be very easy to log onto your computers from the safety of your homes and throw knives at a man who does more in a week for the prevention of animal cruelty than you could ever come up with in your entire existencealso, I'm tired of you misguided schlubs constantly bashing the last three albums of His Mozness, when it's clear you've never heard albums like Kill Uncle, Southpaw Grammar or Maladjusted in regards to "let-down Morrissey albums".f***ing parasites. Go post on the Bob Geldoff forums with the rest of your foolsih ilk

Or, maybe we're posting anonymously because we don't actually have accounts, and don't want to make one for fear of being associated to the site, or more like (some) of the peoplr on it.

Actually, fundamentally I like the site, and the majority of the users are lovely. It's just a minority who dominate and make it a bitter and unpleasant place to remain or become a member on for any significant period of time.

What on earth are you talking about?

Bollocks. I just wish people would see Morrissey for what he is. A bloke who used to write brilliant songs that made social statements about Britain. Now he's just a money-grabbing hypocrit who writes mediocre songs about living in Paris, Rome etc etc. And then moans about record companies not signing him. Write a good song Mozzer and stop shouting your mouth off about animal rights, then touring Japan. He doesn't love the Japanese, just the money.

I'm not trying to say wether his decision is right or wrong, especially when you take in to consideration his stance on Canada - all that I am saying is it's irrelevant what we think, the decision is down to Morrissey. He's made the decision, and considering his links with peta probably a well informed one. We don't know the motives for the tour, we can barely even guess; for all we know he could plan to use the shows as a platform to raise awareness of the exterminations. Whatever his reason for undertaking tne tour, his actions are his own choice, and it's not for us to quarrel with them.

If Morrissey feels it's appropriate to play in Japan but not Canada, then ok. He can think for himself, he's an intellegent man. If someone doesn't agree with what he's doing, especially those who are supposed to be his fans, well then just don't get imvolved if you really oppose that much. This is a personal decision for him, and therefire not one we particularly have the right to slate and hound him for.

I know that he can think for himself, and I know he has every right to play in Japan if he wants. But why would you possibly say that I can't "get involved?" That's complete rubbish, considering I have been a massive fan for over 25 or so years, and in turn contributed a lot of money to buying the music/merch, tickets to gigs, etc.? I fail to see why I shouldn't be allowed to express my opinion about how I feel that what he is doing is NOT RIGHT, considering his stance on Canada and that boycott, when I feel that he is being hypocritical about an extremely serious situation? That doesn't make me any "less of a fan," or poisonous, or horrible as some people posting here seem to think? That is completely absurd. It's these people that think that Morrissey cannot be criticised in any shape or form that are the ones that need the help, not me. I don't like him any less now, as I know that he is prone to doing things that don't exactly make the most sense sometimes, but it still bothers me because it's something that I feel strongly about. If any country needs to be boycotted for it's animal atrocities at the moment, it's certainly Japan and not Canada (and no, I am not Canadian). So yes, 10 gigs for a country who's government is involved in mass murder and funds the extermination of several of the world's biggest species is kind of a problem for me personally, when he has slated Canada numerous times over the seal issue.

Morrissey, if you want to do the right thing, then you should really think about following in the footsteps of some of your comrades, and BOYCOTT JAPAN!

Bollocks. I just wish people would see Morrissey for what he is. A bloke who used to write brilliant songs that made social statements about Britain. Now he's just a money-grabbing hypocrit who writes mediocre songs about living in Paris, Rome etc etc. And then moans about record companies not signing him. Write a good song Mozzer and stop shouting your mouth off about animal rights, then touring Japan. He doesn't love the Japanese, just the money.

YES YES YES. Hit the nail on the head my friend.

People post on here because they have witnessed Morrissey go from a brilliant lyricist to a bitter old man who contradicts himself in numerous ways. A little bit of healthy criticism never hurt anyone, so deal with it.

Just because we criticize does not mean we are not fans--we are not "yes men" who think that all he does is gold. Life does not work this way, and he should understand and deal with this. But again, he cannot handle anything or anyone who does not think he has the Midas Touch on everything.

Wow. You're delusional. There is a big difference between healthy criticism and unhealthy malice. You "anti yes men" never say anything needful or constructive. Every single thing Morrissey says or does is absolutely wrong according to you guys. Do you really think Morrissey wants to listen to people who only bash him and cling to every little mistake he makes? Is he going to become a perfect person if all he gets from his "fans" is childish negativity?

Every real fan has left this site. The ones with mental problems have taken over.

Wake up.

To whom it may concern.

I just got off the phone with a friend who knows about this upcoming tour. Japan is for sure going ahead. But anyone in new zealand should be warned that he will not go ahead with playing there. Perth, Sydney and Melbourne will be added in a few weeks. Talks about one gig in India is also being discussed. Sorry fellow New Zealanders, I'm as sad to hear this as you.

Love peace and harmony.

Charisma

to whom it may concern.

I just got off the phone with a friend who knows about this upcoming tour. Japan is for sure going ahead. But anyone in new zealand should be warned that he will not go ahead with playing there. Perth, sydney and melbourne will be added in a few weeks. Talks about one gig in india is also being discussed. Sorry fellow new zealanders, i'm as sad to hear this as you.

Love peace and harmony.

Charisma

new zealand cancled again of couse he hates us why though?????????

If this hapesn again not only will i be sad but i will be angry. If the rumors of india that keep floating end up being true then it is somewhere to go to see a concert and maybe i will do that i just dont like flying on ain airplane to see a concert why not just play in new zealand man???????

Very well said.

God help us.

My biggest beef with Princess Moz isn't his hypocritical decisions regarding where he tours. Nor is it his advocacy for animals. He will never tour Canada again because of the seal hunt - and that is fine. Morrissey is an ass. But, he can tour the rest of the world, exploit the economy of countries that have a far worse track record than my own country's treatment of animals and sell everyone a $30.00 tee- shirt that was made by a 9 year old boy in Equador. What a douche!

I know that he can think for himself, and I know he has every right to play in Japan if he wants. But why would you possibly say that I can't "get involved?" That's complete rubbish, considering I have been a massive fan for over 25 or so years, and in turn contributed a lot of money to buying the music/merch, tickets to gigs, etc.? I fail to see why I shouldn't be allowed to express my opinion about how I feel that what he is doing is NOT RIGHT, considering his stance on Canada and that boycott, when I feel that he is being hypocritical about an extremely serious situation? That doesn't make me any "less of a fan," or poisonous, or horrible as some people posting here seem to think? That is completely absurd. It's these people that think that Morrissey cannot be criticised in any shape or form that are the ones that need the help, not me. I don't like him any less now, as I know that he is prone to doing things that don't exactly make the most sense sometimes, but it still bothers me because it's something that I feel strongly about. If any country needs to be boycotted for it's animal atrocities at the moment, it's certainly Japan and not Canada (and no, I am not Canadian). So yes, 10 gigs for a country who's government is involved in mass murder and funds the extermination of several of the world's biggest species is kind of a problem for me personally, when he has slated Canada numerous times over the seal issue.

I'm honestly not trying to call you any less of a fan. And I'm definitely not trying to say you shouldn't be involved. I genuinely apologise if it came accross that way. What I meant and tried to state was that if someone, in general, doesn't agree with a decision or move, just don't pay to go or involve yourself in that particular tour leg or whatever.

For the record, if down to me, the way I understand the situations in Canada/Japan, I'd treat them the same. With the available information, the killings seem equally as horrific. But, wether I agree or disagree this time (I think it's more I don't understand the decision yet; I would like of course one day to know the proper grounds for him undertaking these shows), it's a personal decision for Morrissey. It's only down to what he thinks is morally acceptable, and if he sees a difference between the Japan and Canada situation and is willing to perform in one not the other, fine. I may not agree, you may not agree, but he should be entitled to make a firm decision without being hounded for it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom