Mainstream Music Videos Ban

Do you agree with age certificates on music videos?

• Total voters
D

DAVIE

When will the over sexualized imagery on music videos stop? It just keeps on getting worse and you can see it gradually becoming more of a problem. I work in a school and even from the ages of 7-8 girls can do the sexual moves and poses, they talk about the imagery as if it's normal. There's currently work and petitions started to get age certificates and limits on all mainstream music videos. It's usually the RNB hits (which take up most of the charts) that feature the bad footage nobody wants their kids to see. You know, the shots with the women being treated as the slaves who do the slutty moves in hardly any clothes when the men are all in their suits throwing money at them.

Does anyone agree with this? Do people think its further censorship? Please discuss :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Mainstream Music Videos BAN!

Did someone just join the local communist group?

LOL

I couldn't agree more with Davie's sentiment. Unfortunately, even if age certificates and other limits are put in place, children will probably still find ways to see these terrible videos. It would be impossible to make this function work with the internet. Even if YouTube, Vevo, and others had these limitations others would just create sites to showcase this crap. However, I still think people should go through with trying to get age certificates attached to these videos. It's better than nothing. Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, and these other bozos should truly be ashamed of themselves. Today's mainstream music business is sinister. In most of these videos there are multiple occasions where the performer and others flash Satanic hand signs. There is also many instances of Satanic imagery in a lot of these videos. I believe today's mainstream music industry is corrupt, vile, despicable, and evil. This is my belief. Anyone can feel free to believe as they wish. I'll try and post some info on all of this.

I remember when youtube actually used to put age restrictions on videos and you had to sign in with an account that very young children wouldn't be able to access...I hardly see them any more.

It doesn't matter whether mainstream artists such as Rhianna and Miley Cyrus are appealing to older audiences or not. They are mainstream and are in the public eye and children are part of the mainstream audience. I think these artists and the directors of these videos need to take a step back and actually THINK about the audience. When Rhianna writes another song with words like "whips and chains excite me", she should just think about the charts and her young fanbase and if the content is acceptable for all audiences. They are mainstream pop artists and it's important they actually think for themselves.

I remember when youtube actually used to put age restrictions on videos and you had to sign in with an account that very young children wouldn't be able to access...I hardly see them any more.

It doesn't matter whether mainstream artists such as Rhianna and Miley Cyrus are appealing to older audiences or not. They are mainstream and are in the public eye and children are part of the mainstream audience. I think these artists and the directors of these videos need to take a step back and actually THINK about the audience. When Rhianna writes another song with words like "whips and chains excite me", she should just think about the charts and her young fanbase and if the content is acceptable for all audiences. They are mainstream pop artists and it's important they actually think for themselves.

^^^^^ Great points, Davie.

It's tragic that children are watching these terrible videos. Tragic.

If you disagree with me then watch this video. This is just one of hundreds of awful videos that I could show you. After watching this ask yourself, "Would I want my young child, or any young child, watching this video?"

Everything is terrible with this video. The lyrics, the message of the song, the reckless sexual imagery, the satanic imagery, etc., etc. Ask yourself, "Do you want the people in this video to have any kind of influence in your child's life?"

-at the 10 second to 12 second mark Miley Cyrus flashes a triple 6 symbol with her right hand. Triple 6 is the number of the devil. Miley flashes this symbol twice more in this video, as does a dude in the video. Two other people flash the basphomet, or devil horns, sign. Here's Beyonce' in the audience, at the 2013 grammy awards, making the triple 6 symbol with both hands....

beyonce 666 hand sign 2013 grammy awards.jpg

Here's Beyonce' making the sign in one of her videos...

Beyonce's stupid.jpg

Lady Gaga on stage making symbol with right hand....

Gaga's stupid.png

Beyonce', Jay-Z, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Lil' Wayne, Kee$ha, etc. all do this kind of stuff over and over again. The hand symbols are just the tip of the iceberg. In many of their songs their lyrics are twisted and corrupt. In their videos there is a lot of twisted imagery. I'm already tired of writing about these dopes and want to go hiking. You're gonna have to do research on this yourself.

Here's two YouTube videos breaking down Miley Cyrus' terrible video. Neither video is overly well done but they get the point across. I don't have the energy to break all of this down by myself. I understand that I took this farther than Davie's initial argument that young children shouldn't be watching these videos because of all the sexual images. I agree with Davie 100%. These videos also promote rampant drug use, at times violence, promote greed, etc., etc. In my opinion they promote evil, plain and simple. It should be noted, that it's the corrupt money-men that run the music business that are the most evil. These performers are mostly pawns. It should also be noted that this nonsense runs rampant in the television & motion picture industry too. Look up Dave Chapelle on YouTube. He's an American comedian and former TV star who bucked this evil system. He quit his TV show and fled, with his family, to Africa for two years. He'll break this shit down for you. Here's the two YouTube videos dissecting the complete trainwreck that is Miley Cyrus' video....

-not sure why they chose this song as background music. It's okay.

At the 1:33 mark I think these written words echo Davie's concerns, on how these kind of videos are affecting and influencing today's children. These words stay on screen until the 1:42 mark. I don't agree with every single written word in this video but I agree with most of it.

I've seen it Justin...It's disgusting. How on earth it was allowed in the charts, on radio airplay and on home television on music TV channels is beyond me. Twenty or thirty years ago it would be been banned from everywhere. I think the actual record companies back then would fear even releasing that single in the charts before it was even made! But it's as if the mainstream media don't think any of this material can harm anyone. They believe everyone is desensitised and nobody will get shocked any more. But again, it's NOT true, it's the children they aren't thinking about...If we keep putting these images in their minds, it will become acceptable in society. Since when was exploiting people acceptable? Maybe it's already too late? I hope it's not though.

I still think that taking drugs and smoking and drinking alcohol is much worse than some girls having a bit of innocent fun to celebrate life and tell their story. They are role models for the kids and these are new times and I don't think older people should analyse it or eve try to understand it. This thread is like the metal bands thing in the 80's when subliminal messages on vinyl made all the news.

There are so many artists now that joke about with the illuminati thing just to annoy paranoid people. It is all harmless fun.

I still think that taking drugs and smoking and drinking alcohol is much worse than some girls having a bit of innocent fun to celebrate life and tell their story. They are role models for the kids and these are new times and I don't think older people should analyse it or eve try to understand it. This thread is like the metal bands thing in the 80's when subliminal messages on vinyl made all the news.

There are so many artists now that joke about with the illuminati thing just to annoy paranoid people. It is all harmless fun.

It's a mix of all three though. It's all bad. Being provocative and sluttish drug taking drunk isn't a good image to portray.

Spot on both of you (DAVIE & Justin Playfair) . With my 2 daughters I've sometimes asked myself why the world will not let them be kids . It wants to devour them at such a young age ............ I know people rail against public television but sometime that is only place you can let you kids retreat to with such trash on commerical airwaves .

You men just cannot handle that young free and strong and liberated women are acting in a way men always have. I am all for women expressing themselves in any way they want but insecure men hate that.

You men just cannot handle that young free and strong and liberated women are acting in a way men always have. I am all for women expressing themselves in any way they want but insecure men hate that.

No, they are selling their body for money and fame and there is only shame in that. Women didn't fight for women's right just for some fame hungry individual to flash her boobs! That isn't female power...It's the opposite!

Back
Top Bottom