Madrid - Barclaycard Center (Oct. 9, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / The Bullfighter Dies / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kiss Me A Lot / Disappointed / You Have Killed Me / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Certain People I Know / Trouble Loves Me / I'm Not A Man / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / Meat Is Murder / World Peace Is None Of Your Business // Asleep / How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by setlist.fm.

Last edited:
If you're that bothered maybe you should go? I really love going to gigs and seeing people on their phones taking shitty videos and pictures and tweeting out each song that's being played..

Why can't people enjoy and live in the moment rather than informing all and sundry that they are enjoying and living in the moment? Which they evidently aren't cos they're on thier f***ing phones.

who cares how people choose to enjoy the show? i'm too klutzy to even consider using my phone during a gig, but i can't fathom dictating how other people should experience a concert. i love seeing the pics and vids from the shows i can't attend, so aside from finding the assumption phone users aren't "living in the moment" rather supercilious, it'd also be hypocritical on my part.

If you're that bothered maybe you should go? I really love going to gigs and seeing people on their phones taking shitty videos and pictures and tweeting out each song that's being played..

Why can't people enjoy and live in the moment rather than informing all and sundry that they are enjoying and living in the moment? Which they evidently aren't cos they're on thier f***ing phones.

THIS. A thousand times this. Not only am I sick to death of seeing everyone's goddamn phone flailing in the air throughout the entire set but the other thing that pisses me off is the constant chattering - STFU! It's the most annoying shit to deal with. I'm not talking about random banter between friends either, I'm referring to the assholes who talk idly non-stop ... nobody wants to hear you rattle on about how bad so and so looks or how so and so broke up with whatsherface or how excited you are to try that new trailer park eatery, etc. It's beyond obnoxious!

THIS. A thousand times this. Not only am I sick to death of seeing everyone's goddamn phone flailing in the air throughout the entire set but the other thing that pisses me off is the constant chattering - STFU! It's the most annoying shit to deal with. I'm not talking about random banter between friends either, I'm referring to the assholes who talk idly non-stop ... nobody wants to hear you rattle on about how bad so and so looks or how so and so broke up with whatsherface or how excited you are to try that new trailer park eatery, etc. It's beyond obnoxious!

There are ' auto-constraining' garottes you can get now that you drop around someones neck and it automatically tightens. You drop it over the motor-mouth's head and walk away. I saw it at the end of that film 'The Counselor'. It worked well on Brad Pitt. Maybe they could sell them as official concert merchandise, for the discerning music lover. When the show is over you could while away a few hours kicking heads along the mosh pit floor.

Also, you damned kids, pay attention: GET OFF MY LAWN! :D

There are ' auto-constraining' garottes you can get now that you drop around someones neck and it automatically tightens. You drop it over the motor-mouth's head and walk away. I saw it at the end of that film 'The Counselor'. It worked well on Brad Pitt. Maybe they could sell them as official concert merchandise, for the discerning music lover. When the show is over you could while away a few hours kicking heads along the mosh pit floor.

Interesting, but I'm not into violence.

Also, you damned kids, pay attention: GET OFF MY LAWN! :D

I don't have a lawn but if I did ... hahaha! I'm not as crotchety as I sound, honest! :)

Have you ever stood behind someone holding up an iPad oblivious they're blocking the entire view? The worst. Then you watch them meticulously record the whole concert and it never winds up on YouTube. What's the point?

There's a big difference between recording a song/taking some photos and live-tweeting or texting throughout a concert. I take photos at shows, too, but I'm quick and respectful about it—and I don't actually post it DURING the concert! That can wait until later. These comments were in response to someone who was requesting that the setlists be live-tweeted with a designated hashtag, since getting the setlist after the show is over is apparently too much of a wait. It's like the joke about the guy screaming at the microwave to hurry up because he doesn't have all minute...

Seriously though, I've stood next to people at shows who literally spend the ENTIRE TIME watching the show through their phones while they take 600 blurry photos/shaky videos and send dozens of text messages and tweets. I don't understand what they're getting out of being there, other than being able to say they were.

I completely get that. That'd be super annoying and very inconsiderate.

Shoot, I get mad when I'm standing next to someone who sings HORRIBLY the entire time we're at the show...cuz...I didn't pay to see some drunken person wail the lyrics to the songs I want the artist to sing. Haha! So...yea...that would be annoying. I'd just hope that I wouldn't piss anyone off when I went bonkers over CBTC...then again, I think I'd pass out if he played it.

Cracking gig last night. The new material sounded excellent live, especially "I'm Not A Man." Good set list, even if we did lose "First of the gang" with respect to Lisbon...but we gained other classics like HSIN. The only downer for me was the crowd. As others have already commented, more interested in recording with their wretched phones than actually getting into the concert. At least I didn't have any chatterers near me for once. But nothing can detract from the performance of Moz and the band. Brilliant!

Interesting, but I'm not into violence.

That's kinda kinky. Too bad no thigh-high boots are involved. (I wear the boots, naturally.)

I don't have a lawn but if I did ... hahaha! I'm not as crotchety as I sound, honest! :)

I just had to say it. It's the only joy in becoming crotchety.

OMG, you totally reminded me of a fan named Susan who, in the 90s, was telling fans outside the venue how she wanted Mozzer's "sperm popsicle." Well, after a couple years she realized she would not acquire this popsicle, so she married a co-worker who had 2 kids and helped him to make 4 more kids (maybe more, who knows.)

And based on the photos, Moz was not wearing sweat pants, but rather lounge pants (AKA rumba wear or karate uniform.) You don't have to have a problem with your crotch to want to wear sexy comfy sporty pants. :p

Yes you got it right... he had a vasectomy so people cannot fantasize any longer about his sperm or having his love child...if not you well then someone else surely......... somewhere some broad wants to whip him and make them her own and of course he is their only one

The concert would be more fun if everyone sang along, but not everyone at the Moz shows knows the words to the songs. Sad. I'm sure Moz and the band are louder than any sing-a-longers as they are amplified through speakers.

I completely get that. That'd be super annoying and very inconsiderate.

Shoot, I get mad when I'm standing next to someone who sings HORRIBLY the entire time we're at the show...cuz...I didn't pay to see some drunken person wail the lyrics to the songs I want the artist to sing. Haha! So...yea...that would be annoying. I'd just hope that I wouldn't piss anyone off when I went bonkers over CBTC...then again, I think I'd pass out if he played it.

At risk of getting booed, was Julia there? I always wonder if she's legitimately at EVERY show (as I'm insanely jealous of her ability to follow him around like an apostle). Curiosity kills the cat.

Yes, Julia was there - as she was in Lisbon. As far as I am aware, she is doing every date of this euro tour.

Absolutely stunning gig, it was fantastic. Morrissey was in great shape, thinner, and looking great in his new black trousers and red shirt. Boz Boorer, by the way, has lost a lot of weight, he looked great as well. As for the concert, "The queen is dead" alone was worth the price of admission. The sound was perfect, at least from where I was staying. The band wore "Mad in Madrid" t-shirts, very funny. I can't wait to see him again tomorrow in Barcelona, I wonder if the band will wear "Lonely in Barcelona" t-shirts as well.

SETLIST (NOT in the exact order except for the first and last tracks but this is everything he played)

- The queen is dead
- speedway
- I'm throwing my arms around Paris
- Ganglord
- The bullfighter dies
- Kiss me alot
- Disappointed
- You have killed me
- Istanbul
- Neal Cassady drops dead
- Trouble loves me
- Earth is the loneliest planet
- Certain people I know
- I'm not a man
- Everyday is like sunday
- Kick the bride down the aisle
- Meat is murder
- World peace is none of your business
- Asleep
- How soon is now?

I loved every minute of it but "The queen is dead", "Disappointed", "Everyday is like sunday" and "Kiss me alot" were the highlights for me.

Great post. THANKS. I loved every minute of reading this, so thanks for posting

Hazard
England.

Stunning gig! Moz in great mood, the audience very interactive, good sound, fantastic setlist. I could go on forever. Everyday Is Like Sunday totally blew the roof off the venue. Other highlights: Alseep, You Have Killed Me and I'm Not A Man.

This was my first Moz concert in 12 years, and I am SO impressed.

Now, let's fly home.

Fly, fly, fly. But thanks for posting.
Sounds like it was worth 12 years then ! Good on yer lad/lass.
Hazard
England

That's a lot of it: it's seen as hip to be at a Moz show.

I took a few snaps and a brief video for my own use. I tweeted the opening song and Kick the Bride because that was he only time on the US tour he played those songs. After that I put my phone away and enjoyed the show. I don't understand how someone can video a whole song.

That also affects Morrissey as well. We know how much he relies on the crowd's reaction, and if people are standing there taking a video rather than cheering, he's not going to want to bother.

It is a sign of the times, good or bad. I mean, I was in the Lake District and 200 tourists
were carrying around there ipads taking photos and videos of the ice cream van.

Holding an ipad like a camera - or even the latest Samsug Galaxy Alpha or iphone6L - is not
the same as the trusy Leica (sic Panasonic.)

I imagine they do still jump around, the one's that have optical image stabilisation that is!

Hazard
England.

I dunno...if he began singing "Come Back to Camden," I'd have to whip out my phone in a hurry and record the full song (it's my fave and he hardly EVERRRRRRR sings it live). Maybe some people do all that recording stuff because they truly enjoy each song or one particular one...or maybe because they know that there are obsessed fans out there who don't have the means or the funds to follow him around. There are people who exist in this world who don't give a hoot about being hip.

That's funny. Nice post.

I would be thinking along those lines too if I heard What She Said ? Or I'M NOT WORTH HITTING. Or Forgive Someone.
Or MOUNTJOY And OBOE CONCERTO, which could just be the greatest unreleased songs of 2014.

I was also definately thinking along similar lines when listening to Lou Reed sing, 2 metres away. But there was a big sign up
saying if you record this show you will be shot from both sides..... not joking !

Memories !

Hazard
ENGLAND.

Cracking gig last night. The new material sounded excellent live, especially "I'm Not A Man." Good set list, even if we did lose "First of the gang" with respect to Lisbon...but we gained other classics like HSIN. The only downer for me was the crowd. As others have already commented, more interested in recording with their wretched phones than actually getting into the concert. At least I didn't have any chatterers near me for once. But nothing can detract from the performance of Moz and the band. Brilliant!

Great post. Thanks for posting batty betty. Sounds like an excellent show again.
Respect

Hazard
England.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom