Jukebox Jury

Retired
Last edited:
MANCHESTER
is now the music capital of Britain,
some say Europe,
some say the World

I like that beginning. So very true!

It looks like a very interesting documentary. Thanks a million for posting it JJ!! ;)

MANCHESTER
is now the music capital of Britain,
some say Europe,
some say the World

I like that beginning. So very true!

It looks like a very interesting documentary. Thanks a million for posting it JJ!! ;)

Thanks - and good look against Schalke 04 tonight:)

Jukebox Jury

Thanks - and good look against Schalke 04 tonight:)

Jukebox Jury

Thanks! Lot of good luck it's what we're going to need. I don't trust them after last horrible results in Spanish competitions :( But who knows, it's Champions, let's hope they'll do a good match...

ha ha..I once pissed away an hour at work watching this Documentary..The Northside quotes are classic!

Darren

THANK YOU PHILL!!!!!!!!

This was the time I came of age and experienced so many things in such a short time. The shots of Great Harwood (my home town) and the convoy of cars going to a warehouse party were commonplace at the time, the shots of Blackburn (which WAS violent by the way despite what that guy said) brought back so many memories. One particular weekend I met Tony Wilson at an 808 State gig in Blackburn on the Friday night, then again the following night with a camera crew at (the first ever i think) organised ticketed rave called "Joy". Sadly did not see any footage of that. Lot of (ectasy induced) love going around at the time which was fantastic. However (inevitably in my opinion) it eventually all went into a downward spiral of drug dealing, addiction, car theft, armed robbery, prison death and teenage pregnancy (I am only guilty of the pregnancy bit the others were people close to me). The early nineties were spent reeling from the fallout, ho, hum - good times while they lasted ..........

i have this on dvd. its not very good, is it? when i bought it i thought it would be lots of performance by bands but its mainly some guys talking rubbish.
any one know the video/doc. when morrissey & tim booth do an interview? thats what i thought i was boughting but i was wrong /:(

i have this on dvd. its not very good, is it? when i bought it i thought it would be lots of performance by bands but its mainly some guys talking rubbish.
any one know the video/doc. when morrissey & tim booth do an interview? thats what i thought i was boughting but i was wrong /:(

I think when you look back it can seem 'not very good' if you were not around at the time as the clothes and haircuts (especially Stuart Maconie's:eek:) are dated but this was released at the time it was hapening and as 'gentle kind' says it recorded what was going on in her life at the time as it did mine. I stand by it 18 years on.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom