Lyrics of the four new songs

You conveniently left out the following part: ”We may be welfare, oh yeah,
but we don't care
and we’re paid to despise
your council house eyes

This song is sung from the perspective of a social worker who despises the “slum mums” and their kids.

My favorite verse:
The office of the
Social Service
is strategically placed
in a dowdy, rowdy part of town
to discourage you
from signing
We make you feel
as if you're whining
when you’re claiming
what's legally yours

I never ever thought anyone could ever think that this song was sung from Morrissey’s own perspective. He’s basically spelling it out for us. It’s so blatantly obvious where his allegiances lay in this song. He even says “we may be welfare”.

Either you haven’t been attentive or you’re deliberately
I don’t believe I actually disagreed with you I was simply stating that he sings about child welfare, regardless of whether from his own perspective or from that of a social worker or a labour counsellor or whomever. (Bearing in mind he actually did a stint in the Inland revenue, HMRC or the tax office) whatever.
I’m saying the narrative clearly demonstrates that he has used child welfare as source material.
Likewise Children From Irish Industrial Schools and perhaps even smacks of “The Headmaster Ritual”
Pardon me for not paying attention sir.

Very unpopular opinion -

I do not like these songs. They seem unfinished, they lack Morrissey's lyrical style and wordsmithing, they are mostly very angry, it's obvious he was not in a good headspace when he wrote these. I liked Veronica live with Alain singing back up but then hearing Miley Cyrus on it was just horrifying.
Maybe it's time for Moz to rest on his laurels, he's had a stellar career and a great back catalogue, this is just much less than what I would expect from him. I can see why a record company would not be interested in this.

Very unpopular opinion -

I do not like these songs. They seem unfinished, they lack Morrissey's lyrical style and wordsmithing, they are mostly very angry, it's obvious he was not in a good headspace when he wrote these. I liked Veronica live with Alain singing back up but then hearing Miley Cyrus on it was just horrifying.
Maybe it's time for Moz to rest on his laurels, he's had a stellar career and a great back catalogue, this is just much less than what I would expect from him. I can see why a record company would not be interested in this.

I don't think he should pack it in, but I agree on the Miley Cyrus point. If that really is her voice on Veronica, then that is horrific to be sure and for some reason that really bothers me. It shouldn't, but it does. It doesn't ruin the song musically, just psychologically. Bonfire so far is a real paradox in terms of the personnel: Chili Peppers former and present, Miley Cyrus, and a hit-factory producer (Justin Bieber, Blink-182, Eddie Vedder, Camila Cabello, Ed Sheeran—good Christ Almighty, the list goes on). You would almost expect Morrissey to come out of those sessions with a soul patch and a backwards baseball hat. But somehow these are among his best songs in recent years, in my opinion. Life is strange.

I had no idea what he was mumbling about in slum mumbo jumbo.
I'm surprised anyone can tell what his point of view is in any song, for me it's always like trying to guess what a squinting bat is actually looking at.

Especially when the lyrics are not about gay stuff. Or Johnny Marr.

I had no idea what he was mumbling about in slum mumbo jumbo.
I'm surprised anyone can tell what his point of view is in any song, for me it's always like trying to guess what a squinting bat is actually looking at.

Especially when the lyrics are not about gay stuff. Or Johnny Marr.
You’re sooo funny and clever. 😍😂😂😍

I don't think he should pack it in, but I agree on the Miley Cyrus point. If that really is her voice on Veronica, then that is horrific to be sure and for some reason that really bothers me. It shouldn't, but it does. It doesn't ruin the song musically, just psychologically. Bonfire so far is a real paradox in terms of the personnel: Chili Peppers former and present, Miley Cyrus, and a hit-factory producer (Justin Bieber, Blink-182, Eddie Vedder, Camila Cabello, Ed Sheeran—good Christ Almighty, the list goes on). You would almost expect Morrissey to come out of those sessions with a soul patch and a backwards baseball hat. But somehow these are among his best songs in recent years, in my opinion. Life is strange.
"You would almost expect Morrissey to come out of those sessions with a soul patch and a backwards baseball hat." :lbf: :lbf: This visual of this is absolutely amazing, now I need it to happen.

I love the way Moz and Alain sound together and I really, really love it on Veronica, it was a big reason I liked the song. Now to find out it's going to be Miley is more than I can deal with:(:confused:. I see Miley as someone desperate to attach herself to the late 70s/80s/ new wave/alternative/indie, considering the covers she has done and ruined. I have very high standards for my Moz listening and this just let me down. (I am not saying my standards are higher than everyone elses, they are just my standards) I am used to a certain perfection from him, which leads to my opinion on the songs we have heard. I know my opinion is in the very small minority, as everyone seems to love the songs. I think I should have said it would be ok for him to rest on his laurels, because people do run out of ideas and he has written some really amazing songs, but the fanbase in general do want new material from him and if he wants to supply it, then he should. Other artists I like have put out material I don't like, so it's just the same thing here, really.

This is pretty terrible and I am sure all the naked asses, incl Miley's, have some deep artistic meaning we plebs just don't get :lbf:
They have loads of asses
So many asses , oh, more asses than they can stand
Arse , ass , butt just watch ...

Roughly by ear.
Corrections welcome.

Rebels Without Applause:

Gang's all gone and I soldier on (smoulder?)
I who saw them leave, I cried bereaved
One by one
I saw them stall?
Rebels without applause.
The gang's all gone and now I am the only one
No more to give, too late to ?
The last star on the bill
I see them still
Rebels Without Applause
(Bawdy?) Bonnie boys of song and girls of long gone
I loved them all
Bonnie boys of song and girls of long gone
I loved them all
The gang's all gone
Come dance with light
Light lost, children go because we must do.
And the 'blue flu'? must come for you
Rebels without applause
(Bawdy?) Bonnie boys of song and girls of long gone
I loved them all
Bonnie boys of song and girls who all went wrong
I loved them all

Generation X and X-ray Spex
We loved them all
I see them still x3
I loved them all x3
The song should be called 'The Last of the Gang to Die'.

I still haven't listened to any new songs.
Lady Willpower, me.

spoiler: there isnt any music that makes up for the terrible lyrics. No Charmaine man-like intro or anything like that to grab ya. Just dirge and an incomprehensible attempt at something with rhythm.
I tried 3 of them. That's 30 seconds of my life I'm never getting back.

Good luck for the full album. :tiphat:

:rolleyes: So you spent ten seconds on each of 3 songs, then you have the nerve to judge them. You must be trolling.

:rolleyes: So you spent ten seconds on each of 3 songs, then you have the nerve to judge them. You must be trolling.
Well he's lucky I listened at all.
I don't hear him complaining...so why are you? :lbf:

Oh wait: are you just trolling? Or do you want to be ignored? I really can't tell anymore.

Edit: and "nerve"? No dear: "nerve" would be more like, telling the current Prez of Russia that he's a goddam retard.
Which would also be true, only, a bit more dangerous. :guitar: (can you tell I really want to do that as well)(to his face)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom