lyric source for suedehead???

G

glen

i am writing about a possible source of lyrics for the first lines of suedehead. (why do you come here..)
i was watching a vh1 special today on the 100 top women in rock and roll,and an r&b singer from the fifties named joan armatrading (not sure if spelling is correct) came on and they played a clip from her hit song (im sorry i cant remember the title of it), but the first line was something extremely close to "why do you come here when you know it makes thing hard for me, and another similar sentance after,it was also a very similar melody..i was wondering if this has ever been discovered and if anyone can verify this for me.
i am so sure of the similartity,it is not a coincidence.please post a response if you know anything asap.thank you.
glen

> i am writing about a possible source of lyrics for the first¿ lines of suedehead. (why do you come here..)¿ i was watching a vh1 special today on the 100 top women in rock¿ and roll,and an r&b singer from the fifties named joan¿ armatrading (not sure if spelling is correct) came on and they¿ played a clip from her hit song (im sorry i cant remember the¿ title of it), but the first line was something extremely close¿ to "why do you come here when you know it makes thing hard¿ for me, and another similar sentance after,it was also a very¿ similar melody..i was wondering if this has ever been discovered¿ and if anyone can verify this for me.¿ i am so sure of the similartity,it is not a coincidence.please¿ post a response if you know anything asap.thank you.¿ glen
Omigosh!!! I seen the same clip and thought the exact same thing!!! But, I dunno....