Lyon - Amphithéâtre 3000 (March 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Girlfriend In A Coma / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Without Music The World Dies / The Bullfighter Dies / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Istanbul / Half A Person / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Knockabout World / Trouble Loves Me / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @Mozzer1980, Mars, setlist.fm & FWD.

Last edited:
I enjoy them. I guess it's all subjective. I would, however, prefer to hear more from the earlier years of his career than anything post-2010.
I can completely understand anyone saying that. However, I am also realistic that Morrissey wants to play plenty of recent songs and that has always been the case (as one look at the tracklistings for Beethoven Was Deaf or Who Put the M in Manchester? testifies).

I think of Morrissey's career in two parts and this set features 11 pre-1997 songs and 9 post-2004 songs. That seems a fair split.

And I think most will be glad that there are currently no covers.

It was a completely different arrangement to fit in with the heavier Years of Refusal rock sound. Still Ill, I think, showcases Jesse's ability quite well, always thought he nailed that one.
Are you saying you prefer Tobias version to Marr's?

I enjoy them. I guess it's all subjective. I would, however, prefer to hear more from the earlier years of his career than anything post-2010.
To be honest, I would prefer to hear more songs from BoT and WMtWD ;)

I can completely understand anyone saying that. However, I am also realistic that Morrissey wants to play plenty of recent songs and that has always been the case (as one look at the tracklistings for Beethoven Was Deaf or Who Put the M in Manchester? testifies).

I think of Morrissey's career in two parts and this set features 11 pre-1997 songs and 9 post-2004 songs. That seems a fair split.

And I think most will be glad that there are currently no covers.

Oh, yeh, I can appreciate that he wants to promote the new material too. And I am as desperate as everyone else for both of the albums to secure release dates and be put out into the world. Maybe I'm just greedy and want to hear everything all at once. 😆

You're right; it does seem like a fair split. I think it's when you have a favourite era that you get into urgently wanting to hear certain songs live, and unfortunately, you know that it's unlikely he would tour the old albums fully, like a Vauxhall tour or whatever. That said, I actually think they would go down quite well with fans.

I'm not a fan of covers either, but I am excited to hear Suspicious Minds.

Tobias couldn't handle most of the tracks on Rank. He can't play this Charming Man and literally changed the cords on classic guitar rhythm.

And yes, know charming man isn't on Rank.
That's not the case at all. It was a completely different version of This Charming Man - rearranged to sound like another group's cover from around the same time (anyone remember their name?). The lead guitar part in TCM is actually not that difficult, technically.

Last edited:
To be honest, I would prefer to hear more songs from BoT and WMtWD ;)

I can definitely appreciate that sentiment. I do prefer the older material, however, I never fail to get excited when a new track is unveiled. Love the winky face. 😉

Oh, yeh, I can appreciate that he wants to promote the new material too. And I am as desperate as everyone else for both of the albums to secure release dates and be put out into the world. Maybe I'm just greedy and want to hear everything all at once. 😆

You're right; it does seem like a fair split. I think it's when you have a favourite era that you get into urgently wanting to hear certain songs live, and unfortunately, you know that it's unlikely he would tour the old albums fully, like a Vauxhall tour or whatever. That said, I actually think they would go down quite well with fans.

I'm not a fan of covers either, but I am excited to hear Suspicious Minds.
I agree that a Vauxhall tour would go down well and that he'd be unlikely to do it (having previously expressed his dislike for any tours of that kind).

I guess the flipside of that, though, is that he has performed well over half of the Vauxhall songs over the past few years. The shows in 2019, for example, had 5 songs from that album, and The Lazy Sunbathers and Billy Budd have been played since.

That's not the case at all. It was a completely different version of This Charming Man - rearranged to sound like another group's cover from around the same time (anyone remember their name?). The lead guitar part in TCM is actually not that difficult, technically.
Nothing in Smiths is difficult to play so people who say Tobias can’t do it I assume are not guitar players. Difficult to ‘come up with’, fine, but Tobias doesn’t need to….

Nothing in Smiths is difficult to play so people who say Tobias can’t do it I assume are not guitar players. Difficult to ‘come up with’, fine, but Tobias doesn’t need to….
been saying this on here for years neal,theres 15 year olds playing smiths songs comfortably on youtube.

It was promoted and sold as an all seated gig with Platinium tickets of 150 euros each in front of the stage... but what can we see here, there was a standing era next to the stage , where everyone could go (=the happy few fans always served first at gigs, cherished by the management who let them get inside 20 minutes before everyone else). Ever felt cheated, friends ?

All these divisions into platinum , gold , silver , I find it pathetic, dividing fans into affluent and less affluent. I respect those people who follow Morrissey around the world and wait in front of the venues for several hours, but if it has already been decided to make these divisions into sectors, what you described seems to be unfair. But it is rather the organizers of the event that should be blamed.
Thanks for explaining the situation, I've been wondering about this .

Without Music from Lyon

Lost/Sweet and Tender Hooligan plus stage invasion and the shirt freak fight :ahhh:

Replace the songs we've all heard 1000 times over past 10 years with songs people will die happy if you perform...Well I Wonder, Heaven Knows, You must remember, Unlovable, I can have both...just for one night even!

wholeheartedly agree!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom