Lyon - Amphithéâtre 3000 (March 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Girlfriend In A Coma / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Without Music The World Dies / The Bullfighter Dies / The Loop / The Night Pop Dropped / Istanbul / Half A Person / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Knockabout World / Trouble Loves Me / Suedehead / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @Mozzer1980, Mars, setlist.fm & FWD.

Last edited:
I’m greedy and I want new Bonfire of WMTWD tracks.

Morrissey is turning in good performances.

Set list is fairly judicious and has the hits as well as Morrissey’s recent output he is most proud of it.

Hope he keeps Trouble Loves Me, Jim Jim Falls & I Wish You Lonely in the setlist for Leeds. They sound amazing.
Trouble loves me, yes definitely should be in every setlist , one of his all time great songs

The other two should be cut / when have so many other tunes to pick from and then keep hammering away on those, b sides at best , I wish you lonely notable only for the gunships from Bergen line, which is more for the comedic value than anything.
Jim Jim falls, really is a poor song, plus the live version also doesn’t have the interesting electronic production off the album.

what do you want exactly... I assume Rank re-performed in full....
Replace the songs we've all heard 1000 times over past 10 years with songs people will die happy if you perform...Well I Wonder, Heaven Knows, You must remember, Unlovable, I can have both...just for one night even!

I can't see too many genuine reasons to complain about that set list, as there is a good mix of hits and misses. There's also a good spread of songs from most eras.

The Smiths - 5
1988 - 2
1991 - 2
1992 - 1
1997 - 1
2004 - 1
2014 - 2
2017 - 1
2020 - 2
Bonfire - 1
Without Music - 2

Willing to bet that those complaining about the setlist weren't even at the show tonight. Btw it was fantastic.

what do you want exactly... I assume Rank re-performed in full....
Tobias couldn't handle most of the tracks on Rank. He can't play this Charming Man and literally changed the cords on classic guitar rhythm.

And yes, know charming man isn't on Rank.

Trouble loves me, yes definitely should be in every setlist , one of his all time great songs

The other two should be cut / when have so many other tunes to pick from and then keep hammering away on those, b sides at best , I wish you lonely notable only for the gunships from Bergen line, which is more for the comedic value than anything.
Jim Jim falls, really is a poor song, plus the live version also doesn’t have the interesting electronic production off the album.

I enjoy them. I guess it's all subjective. I would, however, prefer to hear more from the earlier years of his career than anything post-2010.

Tobias couldn't handle most of the tracks on Rank. He can't play this Charming Man and literally changed the cords on classic guitar rhythm.

And yes, know charming man isn't on Rank.
It was a completely different arrangement to fit in with the heavier Years of Refusal rock sound. Still Ill, I think, showcases Jesse's ability quite well, always thought he nailed that one.

tommygirl83-12032023-0001.jpg

Crew shirt remains the same.
Last video above is Pietà Per Chi Ti Ama by Massimo Ranieri.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom