Lund - Sparbank Arena (Nov. 8, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / Certain People I Know / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Staircase At The University / Scandinavia / Trouble Loves Me / Istanbul / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / How Soon Is Now? / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Not A Man / Meat Is Murder // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by David Karlsson.

• BILDEXTRA: Morrissey i Lund (11 photos) - Sydsvenskan. Link posted by @MozzeriansATW / Twitter via docinwestchester.

lund.jpg

Last edited:
Well pretty much every morning since it was released, I've put Istanbul on in the car and still love it. Does this mean I am on the autistic spectrum? Hardly, it means I've found something I find enjoyably addictive in Morrissey and his music. I know if life could be put on hold for three months and money were no object, I'd be doing the same rather than checking in on my phone at around 10pm GMT hoping to read of a successful show which means that I "might" get to see him for the first time since Ally Pally in 2009... As far as I'm concerned, she's living the dream.

My dream is to get the second kid off to Uni then me and the Mrs can go on that Norwegian cruise to Spitzbergen. Everyone's different.

P.

Well pretty much every morning since it was released, I've put Istanbul on in the car and still love it. Does this mean I am on the autistic spectrum? Hardly, it means I've found something I find enjoyably addictive in Morrissey and his music. I know if life could be put on hold for three months and money were no object, I'd be doing the same rather than checking in on my phone at around 10pm GMT hoping to read of a successful show which means that I "might" get to see him for the first time since Ally Pally in 2009... As far as I'm concerned, she's living the dream.

She is living a dream. One of my dreams is to travel and see the world (and if that involves going to Morrissey gigs, then even better!) There is nothing wrong with following something or someone (or both) that you feel great passion for or listening to a certain song multiple times because you can't get enough of it. I've been like that with One Of Our Own, lately. Life is hard enough. What's the use if we can't relish in the things that bring us joy and happiness?

Life is essentially meaningless anyway, unless you rely on an omnipotent sky daddy to confer meaning to your life in exchange for suspending disbelief. Who's to say that Julia lives a sad existence for doing exactly what she wants to do with her money, time, autonomy, and freedom? Is her life more pathetic than the lives of so many people who go to jobs they hate every day just so they can pay the bills?

Life is essentially meaningless anyway, unless you rely on an omnipotent sky daddy to confer meaning to your life in exchange for suspending disbelief. Who's to say that Julia lives a sad existence for doing exactly what she wants to do with her money, time, autonomy, and freedom? Is her life more pathetic than the lives of so many people who go to jobs they hate every day just so they can pay the bills?

I still think that she is a little bit crazy, but you hit the nail on the head.

That doesn't even make sense.

Well, I'm 39 in January. I've "only" done 25 shows, but I can remember many of them very vividly, the rare feeling of a permanent smile on the face. Julia looks happy enough. What else can one wish for in life than happiness?

My dream is to get the second kid off to Uni then me and the Mrs can go on that Norwegian cruise to Spitzbergen. Everyone's different.

P.

I'm not.

Well, I'm 39 in January. I've "only" done 25 shows, but I can remember many of them very vividly, the rare feeling of a permanent smile on the face. Julia looks happy enough. What else can one wish for in life than happiness?

Oh, I meant realitybites' comment. It didn't seem to have anything at all to do with what you said.

My main problem is that she and the others take up spaces in the front row that someone who could only afford to go to one or two shows and waited in line for hours should be in.

She's also obsessed with the man and that can't be healthy.

My main problem is that she and the others take up spaces in the front row that someone who could only afford to go to one or two shows and waited in line for hours should be in.

She's also obsessed with the man and that can't be healthy.

Quite true, but we know less than nothing about her, so better don't judge her attitude. I think Morrissey loves to give privilege to the girl least likely too, maybe just because he knows someone could be jealouse...and he likes this kind of tricks. Better ignore her.

What a ridiculous comment. If she's got the time and the money and this is her chosen way to spend her time/life then where's the harm? I don't know anything about her or how long she's been attending each show but she must've suffered more cancellations than any other fan on the planet so her loyalty and dedication are unparalleled. I like the fact that she seems to keep herself to herself and remains a bit of a mysterious figure

Considering that Morrissey already has a name firmly written in Gold in the music history, how is it possible that he has no one responsible for checking the venues he's intended to play in advance? Shocking to see some of photos posted here. Some places look so cheap, sort of warehouses or worse. Not fair. Morrissey and his fans deserved better venues. And the towns chosen. How does it work? What big business took him to Lund? A mystery to me?

I disagree. I like the fact that he chooses to play obscure/off-the-beaten-track/unusual venues and places. Lund was a sports hall and Copenhagen was a conference centre in a swanky business hotel..two very unlikely places to see someone of his calibre but although he said recently that he doesn't know what the venues look like before he arrives anybody can simply visit the websites of these places and view the galleries. Personally i preferred to spend a weekend in lovely Scandinavia and catch shows on consecutive nights in interesting venues rather than go to a sterile, huge aircraft hanger in London. The Polish shows will be in smaller more intimate venues also which probably wouldn't impress you but the atmosphere will be great

I disagree. I like the fact that he chooses to play obscure/off-the-beaten-track/unusual venues and places. Lund was a sports hall and Copenhagen was a conference centre in a swanky business hotel..two very unlikely places to see someone of his calibre but although he said recently that he doesn't know what the venues look like before he arrives anybody can simply visit the websites of these places and view the galleries. Personally i preferred to spend a weekend in lovely Scandinavia and catch shows on consecutive nights in interesting venues rather than go to a sterile, huge aircraft hanger in London. The Polish shows will be in smaller more intimate venues also which probably wouldn't impress you but the atmosphere will be great

Yes, he does'nt know what the venues are like....and you are waiting for Rudolph the red nose reindeer too. I knew yet how much was abysmal my city venue, but I bought my a ticket anyway, my mistake. Never more. Scandinavia is a lovely place, enjoy it.

What a ridiculous comment. If she's got the time and the money and this is her chosen way to spend her time/life then where's the harm? I don't know anything about her or how long she's been attending each show but she must've suffered more cancellations than any other fan on the planet so her loyalty and dedication are unparalleled. I like the fact that she seems to keep herself to herself and remains a bit of a mysterious figure

I know that she went too quite a lot of shows on the 'Boxers' tour, and pretty much started going to most of the shows during the "Maladjusted' tour, so she's been doing this for a long time! She wasn't around on the first two tours, but I believe that she saw The Smiths, so it's safe to say that there's not many people who would come close to seeing as many shows as she has, I don't think?

It was brilliant, THOUGH the venue reminded me too much of all the terrible physical education in middle school. Anyways, I'm still profoundly shocked over how amazing it was. Definitely the best night of my life, I hope that I'll see Moz soon again. I'll ask my sister, who filmed/took pictures, to send me the recording of "Asleep". Seriously, the audio is fantastic.

And the fact that I managed to catch the shirt and get a piece of it was just the icing on the cake. I can die happy now :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom