Low US ticket sales/ 'disaster' - Consequence of Sound / The Fader

Tickets for his last UK dates were also £75 and, for the second time today, in venues far too big for him.

Let's be clear ...

Previous Morrissey tours would sell out and sell out fast. His previous UK tour was cancelled due to poor tickets sales - none of the venues sold out. This latest US tour seems to confirm that Morrissey is no longer the hot-ticket he once was. I know many, many UK fans stayed away from live shows because of his comments. I don't know the reason for poor attendance and ticket sales in the US. The recent LPs are often slated but I think some of those LPs have had stunning songs on them. I haven't heard CS.

Morrissey to me is someone I no longer listen to and someone I have no respect for. I expect we'll see tours in far flung places to make up the financial shortfall of recent tours.

what was obvious to a few is now obvious to the many: all these trolls are a manifestation of the one Head Troll: Skinny.
:cool:

Let's be clear ...

Previous Morrissey tours would sell out and sell out fast. His previous UK tour was cancelled due to poor tickets sales - none of the venues sold out. This latest US tour seems to confirm that Morrissey is no longer the hot-ticket he once was. I know many, many UK fans stayed away from live shows because of his comments. I don't know the reason for poor attendance and ticket sales in the US. The recent LPs are often slated but I think some of those LPs have had stunning songs on them. I haven't heard CS.

Morrissey to me is someone I no longer listen to and someone I have no respect for. I expect we'll see tours in far flung places to make up the financial shortfall of recent tours.
His previous UK tour in Feb/Mar 18 did sell out. I was there.
The proposed UK second leg a few months later didn't happen because it was too soon - let's be clear.
As for Morrissey touring in far off places, he has done that consistently over the past number of tours.
You are looking to make the facts fit your preferred outcome because you don't like him anymore.
So what are you doing on a morrissey website?
Another spurned ex who can't move on.

what was obvious to a few is now obvious to the many: all these trolls are a manifestation of the one Head Troll: Skinny.
:cool:

Oh no, yet another catastrophe from the site know nothing retard. You know, the one who also thinks Johnny Marr is not very well and 60, what a f***ing troll idiot.

o_O

WTF?? it was posted on the internet that :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: was very frail and exhausted at the last mini gig and that he had been
jogging in the park at night:mask:

since then no word from DramaJ HQ. nothing but deathly silence.:expressionless:
no more jogging no fooling around.:frowning:

instead of trolling Moz why dont you sock puppets go deliver some vitamins so Jr doesnt have
to buy.:rage:

The Dallas show isn't looking to good. Prices have dropped twice now.
Honestly hoping it's just cancelled so I can get a refund since I've overpaid by buying day 1.

:lbf:

LOL but they all end up being full with huge crowds:lbf:

Remember he is playing to the biggest crowds of his career since 91-92. These are not small theaters these are giant outdoor amphitheaters. To say he is underperforming ticket wise is shortsighted. He is playing to the biggest crowds of his career!

Remember he is playing to the biggest crowds of his career since 91-92. These are not small theaters these are giant outdoor amphitheaters. To say he is underperforming ticket wise is shortsighted. He is playing to the biggest crowds of his career!

No, he isn't. His career has fluctuated in size many times - from the 1991-92 arena shows, to the virtual disappearance in 1995 and the turgid handful of headline shows for Southpaw, to the back-on-the-grinder average of 2-4,000 sizes in 1997-2002.

There's an overall issue here around ticket price>size of venue. Moz could sell maybe 4,000 tickets in many markets at £45, or 2,000 at £75, but not 4,000 at £75. He tours a lot, and often repeating venues or markets. And I know of at least two people who simply don't go to see him anymore - one who is at over 100 Moz shows - because of some of his comments and actions.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom