40865_lihs_credits.jpg

UPDATE:

Also posted by Famous when dead in the comments:

Whilst we're at it, here's the full running times:

40868_lihs_running_times.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
'don't make fun of daddy's..'

'first of the gang to..'

Alan wrote plenty before joining Moz. Heard this?

If my ears don't deceive me, there seems something familair to this tune. :)
Now why can't I remember what I was trying to forget? (Song about dementia, obviously). :(
Wait a minute, it has some slight resemblances with Irish Blood?
Or was it English Heart? :oops:

Agreed about Speedway.
But I really liked Gustavo's flamingo guitar and keyboards playing.
"Earth Is The Loneliest Planet" is a great song.
I like "People Are The Same" too.
"And Action Is My Middle Name".
Don't care much for "Kid Is A Looker".
Since when do flamingos play guitar? I'd love to see it.

Flamingo guitar?

you didn't see it on the last tour ? M gave it to him for a b-day present ! bright pink tacky with feathers glued to it and a fake beak on the headstock ! Gustavo is always embarrassed when he takes it out to play that song, but what can he do ?

is it just the music or the repetitiveness of it ? you don't relate to it ?

I find it a lovely song, and I of all should know.. since I do have perfect taste in music. ;):D
I find every aspect of it poor. The lyrics, melody and even the title annoy me. Those four songs that were done pre World Peace... were fortunately buried. AIMMN was the only listenable song and that 's being kind. Happy if others like it but it's not for me.

Since when do flamingos play guitar? I'd love to see it.

Sorry, typo!
I meant of course Gustavo Manzur playing flamenco on his Spanish guitar. The autocorrect makes fun of us all.
Now, I guess someone, somewhere could make a gif of a flamingo playing guitar. Wouldn't it be great?
A stand in in a video? :)
But Married, what did you think about the flamenco guitar playing of Gustavo? I really liked it!
Did you? :thumb:

We are in the minority with regards to Earth Is The Loneliest Planet.

I reckon to be a part of that minority too.
And so proud about it. :D

This was not written before joining Morrissey.

thanks for the info, read on Discogs it was released in 2006, but didn't know when it was recorded/songs written.

https://www.discogs.com/Johnny-Panic-And-The-Bible-Of-Dreams-Not-Bitter-But-Bored/release/3248211

so I guess this information below is wrong ?

'Features Alain Whyte, long-time guitarist and collaborator of Morrissey. Many of the songs on this CD were later re-worked with Morrissey, such as 'Not Bitter, But Bored' ended up as 'Irish Blood, English Heart'; 'Paranoia' ended up as 'Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice'; and 'Stay With Me' became 'First Of The Gang To Die'.'

so I guess this information below is wrong ?

'Features Alain Whyte, long-time guitarist and collaborator of Morrissey. Many of the songs on this CD were later re-worked with Morrissey, such as 'Not Bitter, But Bored' ended up as 'Irish Blood, English Heart'; 'Paranoia' ended up as 'Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice'; and 'Stay With Me' became 'First Of The Gang To Die'.'

No, it's not wrong. He wrote them before YATQ was recorded, but not before he joined Morrissey's band. Seriously, this is not all that difficult.

No, it's not wrong. He wrote them before YATQ was recorded, but not before he joined Morrissey's band. Seriously, this is not all that difficult.

thanks for clearing that up, I was just trying to understand it within the context of this thread where someone posted that he didn't write/record before M. and some one replying that he did write those Johnny panic songs before joining the band , see post #61. So, yes, it is difficult when people are posting false information.

I find every aspect of it poor. The lyrics, melody and even the title annoy me. Those four songs that were done pre World Peace... were fortunately buried. AIMMN was the only listenable song and that 's being kind. Happy if others like it but it's not for me.

People are the Same and Kids a Looker were voted the two worst songs that Morrissey has ever sung (including smiths) in the biggest poll of his stuff. Truly and utterly dismal, and a bleak indicator of how awful a post Alain whyte era could potentially be (luckily things picked up).

Well folks, I'm involved in radio in Germany and got to hear the whole thing yesterday via a guy involved in the national promo. No way of proving it of course, but I can tell you for what it's worth - Spent The Day In Bed is, to my astonishment, the best track on there.

anyone wanting alain whyte and Stephen street are living in a time warp.
people who worked with Morrissey a long time ago,whos to say the music they would come up with would be progressive in the way mozz wants it to be,and an artist that isn't continually moving forward may as well chuck it.
I am not living in a time warp. I just said I miss Alain Whyte. Simples

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom