"Low In High School" writing credits - @Intl_Playboy / Twitter; running times

@Intl_Playboy: Source BMG

40865_lihs_credits.jpg

UPDATE:

Also posted by Famous when dead in the comments:

Whilst we're at it, here's the full running times:

40868_lihs_running_times.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to check to refresh my memory...I've only listened to them about 3 times.

Not trying to mean, just honest.

That's fair. Like em or not objectively they're just not chug rock in any way. One is acoustic, one opens with an accordion though the original had it played on guitar one is a slow build of a song

An understandable comment pre-World Peace but wasn't Smiler with Knife a great piece of music, along with a couple of others?
Staircase, Kiss me a lot, I'm not a man, Smiler are great tracks. It took me a while to get into Smiler. I like Bullfighter but its mix annoys me. It feels like there was a bigger version of the song trying to get out. It sounded better live. Also Forgive Someone is fantastic.

Last edited:
Maybe because people got a bit carried away and were overdramatic. He had just written 7 songs before World Peace. If you believe that 7 songs are enough to judge a person's abilities then it is not his problem. He also wrote this one by the way

[video]

And of those 7 songs there were some gems such as "If you don't like me don't look at me".

O NO! VERY BAD writing credits.....MANDO never wrote a song before.....bad omen for album.

I was one of Jesse's biggest critics pre World Peace. Don't know how he managed to up his game so dramatically- just pleased that he did.

Well, it did take 10 years for him to up his game dramatically. Just look at Alain's co-writing dynamic on his very first collaborative effort with Your Arsenal -- we had Glamorous Glue and Fatty alongside the likes of We'll Let You Know and Seasick. All this despite the fact that Alain was touring the musically-lackluster Kill Uncle just one year prior in 1991. When Jesse came on board, he was lucky enough to be playing some of the very best songs of Morrissey's entire career. And if playing a handful of Marr classics night after night couldn't get his creative juices flowing, then I don't know what will.

He had just written 7 songs before World Peace. If you believe that 7 songs are enough to judge a person's abilities then it is not his problem.

Actually 12.

You Have Killed Me
The Youngest Was The Most Loved
In The Future When All's Well
On The Streets I Ran
I Just Want to See the Boy Happy
I Knew I Was Next
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me
Children in Pieces
All You Need is Me
Sorry Doesn't Help
I'm OK By Myself
People Are The Same Everywhere

O NO! VERY BAD writing credits.....MANDO never wrote a song before.....bad omen for album.

Bollocks. Alain White had never written anything pre-Morrissey. And, anyway, Mando has two writing credits with the Breeders.

So I guess "Home Is A Question Mark" was just a title, some or all lyrics and maybe a totally different song when it was rumored around the Quarry sessions. Maybe like Spencers version of "Walk Tall" compared to the rocking B-side version on "Irish Blood"

I think I BURY THE LIVING could be a highlight as its 7.25 running time could be a bit like life is a pigsty.did someone not say one of the songs is quasi operatic,i would bank on it being this track.
anybody got a time machine and jump ahead to nov 17th.

Tobias is credited for some great Morrissey songs, it's the Gustavo Mansur credits that I'm worried about.

Earth is the loneliest planet and spent the day in bed are two of the worst Morrissey songs to date.

Actually 12.

You Have Killed Me
The Youngest Was The Most Loved
In The Future When All's Well
On The Streets I Ran
I Just Want to See the Boy Happy
I Knew I Was Next
If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me
Children in Pieces
All You Need is Me
Sorry Doesn't Help
I'm OK By Myself
People Are The Same Everywhere

lol he gets given all the shittiest lyrics

(which matches the music)

It appears that some here like some composers and others don't like the ones that others like and others don't like the one ones that some others like. I've also learned that some people don't like the songs that I like.

Who'd have thunk it?

It appears that some here like some composers and others don't like the ones that others like and others don't like the one ones that some others like. I've also learned that some people don't like the songs that I like.

Who'd have thunk it?

If you look at the list of 13 songs above, how many are among your highly-rated Morrissey songs?

If you look at the list of 13 songs above, how many are among your highly-rated Morrissey songs?
If by highly rated you mean I enjoy listening to them, of the 12 I'd say 6.

Best for me is If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me.
Worst for me is People Are The Same Everywhere.
And by worst I mean atrocious!

If by highly rated you mean I enjoy listening to them, of the 12 I'd say 6.

Best for me is If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me.
Worst for me is People Are The Same Everywhere.
And by worst I mean atrocious!

Interesting. If it means I enjoy listening to them, I think half a song max.

Really a stain on the Morrissey canon that lot.

Last edited:
Earth is was a really good musical composition and interestingly rhythmically but it got a simple minimal lyric that many didn't like

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom