"Low In High School" reviews (Pitchfork, God Is In The TV, Daily Californian, Bob Stei)

"Low In High School" review by Sam Sodomsky (5.7 / 10) - Pitchfork. Link posted by BrummieBoy (original post).

"Low In High School" review by Tim Russell - God Is In The TV. Link posted by Billbones80 (original post).

Morrissey capitalizes on political controversy distastefully in new album ‘Low in High School’ by Maisy Menzies (Grade: N/A) - The Daily Californian. Link posted by BrummieBoy (original post).
Editor’s Note: The Daily Californian recognizes that a numerical grading system cannot always account for the problematic history of the artists whose work we are grading. Given the harm caused by this artist, this critic has decided not to give this album a grade.

"Low In High School" review by radio personality Bob Stei. Link from an anonymous person.

Related item:

Last edited:
Err...yes it does. Of all Morrissey albums on Metacritic, it scores the lowest. Do your research. I know your reflex is to gainsay everything I post, but you're just plain wrong.

You did post that Metacritic had rated it "his worst album EVER".

Which, of the albums rated on Metacritic is correct. Do you want to go look yourself, or continue to play semantics, you straw-grasping dullard?

I want my trophy back please! Hand it over! You were doing so well too! But you couldn't resist that insult could you, moderator?

Which, of the albums rated on Metacritic is correct. Do you want to go look yourself, or continue to play semantics, you straw-grasping dullard?

"Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong . "
Rousseau

You're royally missing the point. You can like something. I can like something. You can hate something. I can hate something. That's fine.That's good. But looking back, how does a piece of art get judged? Not one opinion - that is skewed. you have to accumulate lots, and get an average opinion. That' what metacritic does. For what it's worth, another similar site, Allmusic, gives a similar rating, based on their own and 54 users. The figures don't lie. They're right there. And they show it's his worst received. You can like or hate it all you like, but those are the figures, from many, many users, on more than one site.

https://www.allmusic.com/album/low-in-high-school-mw0003107720
Ah right, you might not believe this but I've never looked at it. I thought it was one reviewer, but I should have known it was something along the lines of rotten tomatoes. So, here's the question: lets say 54 people on metacritic give the album 1 out of 5 (or whatever), and a similar number on Amazon give it 4 out of 5 (not quite true because on Amazon UK only 39 people have reviewed it), so who is right and who is wrong? I cannot say. Bearing in mind that few people have the time to read every single review.

Ah right, you might not believe this but I've never looked at it. I thought it was one reviewer, but I should have known it was something along the lines of rotten tomatoes. So, here's the question: lets say 54 people on metacritic give the album 1 out of 5 (or whatever), and a similar number on Amazon give it 4 out of 5 (not quite true because on Amazon UK only 39 people have reviewed it), so who is right and who is wrong? I cannot say. Bearing in mind that few people have the time to read every single review.

The people on Amazon are already motivated as they've bought it. Who wants to look stupid and say they've wasted their money? Some will, the majority won't. Metacritic and Allmusic take ratings for those who are merely casting judgement, whether they've bought it or not (via Spotify, for example).

The people on Amazon are already motivated as they've bought it. Who wants to look stupid and say they've wasted their money? Some will, the majority won't. Metacritic and Allmusic take ratings for those who are merely casting judgement, whether they've bought it or not (via Spotify, for example).
I bought THE worst vacuum cleaner in the history of vacuum cleaners and was quite happy to give it a shit review cos I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Not all Amazon reviews are 'verified purchases', although 18 of the 41 reviews on Amazon UK for the Moz album are verified so I take your point.

The album is being judged by some in such a biased way that it's no longer about the songs or production but about the politics of the man who wrote the songs.

The album is being judged by some in such a biased way that it's no longer about the songs or production but about the politics of the man who wrote the songs.

Absolutely correct. Or the perceived politics at least. I think this is blatantly the case with this album more than any other - and Morrissey has always got a notoriously mixed response from journalists with an agenda. I wonder which "dullard" could possibly have rated your perfectly valid post as trolling? (And then removed the rating.)

Last edited:
Clearly not in this case, dimwit, as I am right, and you are wrong. And I insult when dullards like you deserve it. So f*** off.
Zero Tolerance from the site moderator, either agree 100% or be told to f*** Off. This Charming Man

Zero Tolerance from the site moderator, either agree 100% or be told to f*** Off. This Charming Man

Well cock off to a site where your thin-skinned cretinosity (look it up) is tolerated. Clearly you're too mentally unspectacular to keep a dialogue going. And moderator or not, I'm a site user who can laugh at your sup-par attempts at posts. But, you know, keep trying and you might do something.

MHlfAaH.png

Last edited:
Well cock off to site where your thin-skinned cretinosity (look it up) is tolerated. Clearly you're too mentally unspectacular to keep a dialogue going. And moderator or not, I'm a site user who can laugh at your sup-par attempts at posts. But, you know, keep trying and you might do something.

MHlfAaH.png
Well cock off to site? Punctuation (look it up) :rofl:

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom