"Low In High School" review by Stephen Troussé in Uncut (5/10, Dec. 2017)

Of course it's acceptable. The journalist wrote it. They can write what they like, and there's nothing you or I can do about it. I have no feelings about how they choose to express themselves.
but it does suggest that the writer had a pervious agenda before writing the review. So is he going to give an unbiased review after he already wished that the artist was dead? Of course not.

but it does suggest that the writer had a pervious agenda before writing the review. So is he going to give an unbiased review after he already wished that the artist was dead? Of course not.

Morrissey has a 'pervious agenda' also with his current obsession with oral sex with new songs like 'Lick My Lap', 'Bigmouth Opens Wide To Receive Again' and 'Open Your Thighs And I'll Kneel Down on You.' Hopefully one of his upcoming (no pun intended) b-sides will be a cover of 'Sit On My Face and Tell Me That You Love Me.'

falconneil I said the exact same thing at the start of this post,their is no way this was an unbiased review,he had it in for mozz from the start,what if the other reviews are 8s and 9s then this so called reviewer is going to look like a right fool.

Not everyone. Paul Weller is praised as he is taking chances with more or less success, he pushes himself out of his comfort zone. Morrissey's biggest re-invention: the two-minute crappy noise intro to "I'm not a man"? Give me a break.
It's been said far too many times here that it's a shame how many musicians would contribute with Morrissey while he sticks to these lame guys. If you listen to the BBC6 gig, there are so many mistakes, false chords....even on songs they played for years. To paraphrase Marred, i know, because i'm a musician !
is this the same paul weller who when noel galagher phoned him and his daughter answered the phone said my dad cant come to the phone hes watching x factor.yeah hes really breaking new ground.

is this the same paul weller who when noel galagher phoned him and his daughter answered the phone said my dad cant come to the phone hes watching x factor.yeah hes really breaking new ground.

Never heard this story, but that doesn't change anything. One's entertainment choices have nothing to do with one's artistical output. And of course it's har dif not impossible to break new ground in general in pop music, it's hiw OWN comfort zone and self-hallenge that counts.

Weakest since Kill Uncle. Yawn. That LP has become a by-word for ‘bad’ Moz albums.

i’d never hear a bad word said about Kill Uncle. It’s unlike anything else Morrissey has done before or since, which is why it’s misunderstood, in my opinion.

It always reminds me of Kate Bush’s Lionheart. A so-called difficult second album that shouldn’t work and had high expectations heaped on it, but is a truly British artefact

i like kill uncle, although it seems a bit quiet and perhaps soft ,it came across great played live.worst album got to be world peace

I don't really have a problem with this reviewer saying that it would have been better for Morrissey's legacy had Morrissey kicked the bucket earlier - it's tacky and ultimately selfish but he's just acknowledging a not too uncommon feeling fans may have about their fallen idols - the same thing was said about Bowie back in the 90's.

The problem I have with that review is that when the reviewer offers such a skewed interpretation of earlier lyrics to begin his review, ("laugh track" "celebrating 13 year old cop killers" "molesting students " still scratching my head about that one!), it makes it hard not to wonder if he's doing the same in the rest of the review. But it may just be the reviewers style - he seems to have an all or nothing approach in his reviews - well at least this one and the World Peace one. I haven't bothered to look up any of his other reviews.

From what i've heard so far, 5/10 seems about right. Viva hate was an amazing album, Vauxhall was an amazing album, YA, YATQ, ROTT, all very solid albums. How anyone can put LIHS on a level with those is beyond me, it's even an insult to compare it to Kill Uncle. When are we all going to admit that Morrissey isnt as good as he once was. His new stuff is dire.

ROTT sucked.

But yes, his new stuff (after YATQ) has been generally lousy.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom