"Low In High School" review by Stephen Troussé in Uncut (5/10, Dec. 2017)

[QUOTE="'Farted myself to sleep, you may please yourself, I really don't care' would be regarded as a lyrical masterpiece by some around here, believe me.[/QUOTE]

The turd polishing brigade would have their work cut out turning that into a masterpiece, but i'm sure they'd give it a right good go!

The magazine (Uncut) has hit the shops now. Q and Mojo will surely appear very soon. If they're hopeful of an interview, they will probably bump the score up by a star...

We can all say what we want, however we tend to choose the right moment. He, of course is entitled to say what he wants but chose an inappropriate moment, which silenced the audience, added more fuel for the haters and even alienated some his fans who had pre ordered the new album. In my book that tells me he is a dick!

So when is the 'appropriate moment' since you seem to be the 'expert' on this?

'and even alienated some his fans who had pre ordered the new album.'

with fans like that who needs enemies.

I just wish he would wear clothes that fit, without the gauzy cheap-o gay rag affectation. If you're going to dish out those "snooty realness" facial expressions on video, you need to look really good. I would pay a generous three figures to trim his hair too. Just chop it up a little at the front, use a #3 clipper on the sides. He's probably popping pills like Pez with his ales. I mean, I guess it is his own life...to wreck his...you get the picture.
I just think if you're going to be a bitchy vegetarian telling people what to do, you have to look GOOD.

I just wish he would wear clothes that fit, without the gauzy cheap-o gay rag affectation. If you're going to dish out those "snooty realness" facial expressions on video, you need to look really good. I would pay a generous three figures to trim his hair too. Just chop it up a little at the front, use a #3 clipper on the sides. He's probably popping pills like Pez with his ales. I mean, I guess it is his own life...to wreck his...you get the picture.
I just think if you're going to be a bitchy vegetarian telling people what to do, you have to look GOOD.
As long as Moz feels happy and comfortable with how he looks, then I am happy. I personally, have always refused to wear what some high and mighty fashion mogul tells us is 'in fashion'.

So when is the 'appropriate moment' since you seem to be the 'expert' on this?

'and even alienated some his fans who had pre ordered the new album.'

with fans like that who needs enemies.

You have your, opinion I have mine, I happen to think he damages his career with his stupid comments. Anyway off to see the marvellous Buzzcocks at the Ritz tonight, great music without any bullshit comments to taint the evening.

19102017.png
Anybody know what this is about?

It's funny, but someone like Paul Weller is praised for always changing. We criticise Moz for not being the same as he was 30 years ago.

Not everyone. Paul Weller is praised as he is taking chances with more or less success, he pushes himself out of his comfort zone. Morrissey's biggest re-invention: the two-minute crappy noise intro to "I'm not a man"? Give me a break.
It's been said far too many times here that it's a shame how many musicians would contribute with Morrissey while he sticks to these lame guys. If you listen to the BBC6 gig, there are so many mistakes, false chords....even on songs they played for years. To paraphrase Marred, i know, because i'm a musician !

“the album is often musically splendid...”

So it should be; wasn’t Jesse Tobias in a band called Splendid?

Hey that's the best thing I've read all day cheeky, splendid, Southport Grandma.....
He's in Morrissey's band and he's still doing great, so it doesn't really matter what those idiots print, splendid or
not.

Hazard.

I'm glad that you are totally anonymous and insignificant and do not have to waste your time telling us any more........

Hazard

Prior to World Peace I would have said his last good album was Ringleader. Right now I would say his last good album was World Peace. Quarry, Ringleader, and World Peace are far better than Maladjusted imeo (in my esteemed opinion). But you're right about how we have all changed. Secretly I'm hoping Moz releases songs as good as 'This night has opened my eyes' or 'Well I wonder' or 'I know it's over', but that will never happen, so I'm just happy that he continues to make music. In comparison to a lot of other music by other bands Moz is still far above the rest, and I'm looking forward to the new album. It is great to have something like that to look forward to.
It's funny, but someone like Paul Weller is praised for always changing. We criticise Moz for not being the same as he was 30 years ago.

ACTON. Interesting. You don't actually mention above whether you mean the original 'Maladjusted' or the 'proper' version, released afterwards, which as we know wasn't subject to the co-operative view of significant others, from the label....

Not everyone is critical. Frankly, the last three albums prior to this one have contained some of the best musical arrangements I've heard from a band in a very long time. Including the last RadioHead, U2 and New Order albums. Which I paid for. A few loonies seem to doubt. I'm happy to listen to this new album with fresh ears, knowing the band kick-ass and still have a magnificent drummer, keyboards and guitars.

Hazard

Well it's not looking good is it ?
I had hoped Steve was going to make a dramatic comeback but this doesn't bode well does it ?
Until I snide a copy after its release I'll reserve my judgment.

"Now if you please . . . . . .!"
"I've written a new song . . . . . . . .!"
"For you all to sing along to. . . . . . . . .!"

"SPENT THE DAY IN WOOL .....................! ! ! ! ! !

Spent the day in wool
Brown wool and cashmere
It cost a grand seventy five
As the animals were sheared
I spent the day in wool
And the BB's caught me out
It's all on utube
And I recommend that you

Stop reading the reviews !
Because the reviews contrive to have their say
To make you feel I'm a hypocrite
To make you realise that I'm full of shit

Time do as I wish
Diesel's got a big fist :eyes:
Time do as I wish
It's cool to eat fish
Time do as I wish
Water sports n piss
Do is I say, NOT as I dooooooooo !

Spent the day in wool
Etc ! Etc !
I love my cardigan
It's Alexandra McQueen
You can get one from Harrods

No Boz ! Just large ! Medium or small !
4ck Benny ! 4ck Brummie ! 4ck JohnnyCorn, 4ck Skinny !
No Boz ! Just large ! Medium or small !
4ck Skinny ! 4ck Brummie ! 4ck JohnnyCorn, 4ck Benny !
Last line !
I'm NOT ANIMAL FRIENDLY !

" MERCI !" " MERCI !"

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
(Cause I must :tiphat:)

Sad beyond words.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom