"Low In High School" review by Pat Gilbert (3 stars) in Mojo

full

Last edited by a moderator:
There's certainly a shift in opinion where this album's concerned. Perhaps for the first time, the musicianship is lauded while the lyrical content lamented, very unusual post Boorer/Whyte. I'll buy it, no doubt. I won't shell out £70 for another TQID. These first reviews betray a grudging acknowledgement that it's a good record yet aim to take Morrissey down for past indiscretions. The Uncut analysis, for example, drawing on Smiths lyrics was very far-fetched and frankly laughable.

Last edited:
There's certainly a shift in opinion where this album's concerned. Perhaps for the first time, the musicianship is lauded while the lyrical content lamented, very unusual post Boorer/Whyte. I'll buy it, no doubt. I won't shell out £70 for another TQID. These first reviews betray a grudging acknowledgement that's it a good record yet aim to take Morrissey down for past indiscretions. The Uncut analysis, drawing on Smiths lyrics was very far fetched and frankly laughable.

It is clear now.
Uncut and Mojo reviews are - ambush and deliberate character assassination.
Just look who are --->>> authors (of this two reviews), editors and corporations behind current Mojo and Uncut.
"Low In High School" is splendid artistic achievement.

My review of the review :tongueout: - This reviewer does a good job of putting his review in some sort of context - by acknowledging the context in which
many fans will be approaching this album. Also appreciate that he put the inflammatory comments Morrissey makes in some sort of context
too - unlike some who just quote the outrageous remarks. Ultimately though it does seem that he is able to appreciate the album for what it is.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom