"Low In High School" review by Andrew Perry (4/5 stars) in Q (Dec. 2017)

'His best since 'Vauxhall and I', and will be known as his Israel album.' Line from 'Israel': "They bitch and moan because they are not like you". Oh dear.

Scan posted by 001:

41011_lihs_q_review.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see a positive review that's up-to-date and also gives the music a chance to succeed. This is a
very fickle business after all. But, at the end of the day, you ALL need to go out and BUY this album.
And then LISTEN. And maybe more....

For the avoidance of doubt - and for the benefit of some of our SoLowForum who are not actually musical - at all - one must purchase the album BEFORE one listens to it.
Yes, you'd think people would know that, but......

Hazard
x

A one off orchestra set is too fantastic an idea to ever happen, but If it did I think it would look a little like this

Morrissey - A Symphony

1: Now My Heart Is Full
2: Angel Angel We Go Down Together
3: The Never Played Symphonies
4: Munich Air Diaster 1958
5: There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
6: Istanbul
7: Come Back To Camden
8: Life Is A Pigsty
9: Maladjusted
10: I Know Its Gonna Happen Someday
11: Jack The Ripper
12: I Will See You In Far Off Places
13: The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
14: Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me

Wow, that IS a great set list!
I support your proposal.
Now, come on Moz, do it! :tiphat:

Is the bit about Strangeways (advertised on the cover) interesting?

Hoping for an actual full feature on him from NME or someone.

Have you actually seen a copy of the NME lately? Its given away free and music is barely mentioned in it now. It's more of Entertainment / Lifestyle magazine now.

*Edit* It seems they are still covering quite a fair bit of music, but it's nothing like it used to be, which I think is a shame. I know it's trendy to slag off the NME but I actually quite enjoyed reading it each week.

Last edited:
So what? Why should that privilege your opinion above those who dislike/detest/are indifferent to him?

Because, I'm assuming, if you "detest" Morrissey then you probably aren't a fan of his.
And although I hate some of the sycophants on here that won't hear a word said against Morrissey, it's also equally frustrating when you and Benny The British Bellend seem to spend your entire day trolling the site for, what seems like nothing more than, shits and giggles.

Hey, you haven't even heard it all yet, so stop posting this - rubbish/utter tripe - until you do.

And besides, the music on this album is as well-arranged and well-produced, just like the last. And that was great too. I'd really like to listen to your band next, so we can see what you can do probably nothing out of the ordinary (sic) but, you know, lets give you a chance to shine..... or sink....

Hazard
x

Oh f*** off, i dont need to hear the whole thing, his band's been with him for years. And now i have to have a band of my own to have an opinion on someone elses? I'm not a musician so why would i have a band? My job aint to be good at making music. Just be happy that you like it, instead of offended that i don't. :thumb:

A one off orchestra set is too fantastic an idea to ever happen, but If it did I think it would look a little like this

Morrissey - A Symphony

1: Now My Heart Is Full
2: Angel Angel We Go Down Together
3: The Never Played Symphonies
4: Munich Air Diaster 1958
5: There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
6: Istanbul
7: Come Back To Camden
8: Life Is A Pigsty
9: Maladjusted
10: I Know Its Gonna Happen Someday
11: Jack The Ripper
12: I Will See You In Far Off Places
13: The Teachers Are Afraid Of The Pupils
14: Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me

Bunnymen did something similar a couple of years ago with Ocean Rain, it was absolutely magical. Would definitely go and see him if he did this.

Lifetime Smiths and Morrissey fan but the new single is a dud. Hopefully the album will be better.

"Spent The Day In Bed rekindles the magic of Smiths classics such as Girlfriend In A Coma."
"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage is genuinely Smiths-worthy."

No no no, they are not trying to sell this album to casual Smiths fans who have long stopped listening. Oh no, what could possibly give you that impression?
Well...there is also the possibility that the reviewer is actually deaf I suppose.

In any case, f*** reviewers, their opinions are of no relevance to me, never have been.
I either like an album or I don't, no need for anyone to help me make up my mind.

I am still hoping it will be a good one of course.

"Spent The Day In Bed rekindles the magic of Smiths classics such as Girlfriend In A Coma."
"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage is genuinely Smiths-worthy."

No no no, they are not trying to sell this album to casual Smiths fans who have long stopped listening. Oh no, what could possibly give you that impression?
Well...there is also the possibility that the reviewer is actually deaf I suppose.

In any case, f*** reviewers, their opinions are of no relevance to me, never have been.
I either like an album or I don't, no need for anyone to help me make up my mind.

I am still hoping it will be a good one of course.

The first two songs suck! :(
He needs a new band and what is up with dressing them up with a uniform. Tacky!

What a lame review ! Comparing the style and the music of Spent The Day In Bed to Girlfriend In A Coma is hilarious: this completely discredits the whole paper. Frankly, the Bontempi keyboards of 2017 vs the majestic beauty of Girlfriend, this is grotesque: no one would have dared he did. Each time, one is told that it is his best lp since Vauxhall. The rockjournalism has reached its nadir these days.

Actually it's a KORG.

Hazard
x

What a lame review ! Comparing the style and the music of Spent The Day In Bed to Girlfriend In A Coma is hilarious: this completely discredits the whole paper. Frankly, the Bontempi keyboards of 2017 vs the majestic beauty of Girlfriend, this is grotesque: no one would have dared he did. Each time, one is told that it is his best lp since Vauxhall. The rockjournalism has reached its nadir these days.
Totally agree on your last comment- 'best album since Vauxhall' - Years of Refusal for example is a consistently good album to play start to end at high volume! I hear this comment far too much for other artists too- e.g Depeche Mode, oh their best album since Violator- said for the last 3 albums which were all s*** and not a patch on SOFAD which was after Violator!

Does Moz sing "It's 4 a.m. and once again I am asked to leave this club in TEL AVIV" in When You Open Your Legs?

Given this site is accused of discriminating against German people...
(don't ask).
I shouldn't really ask this as you will be 'outing' yourselves:
Anyone here translate German!? :)

Regards,
FWD.

Given this site is accused of discriminating against German people...
(don't ask).
I shouldn't really ask this as you will be 'outing' yourselves:
Anyone here translate German!? :)

Regards,
FWD.

It's a bollocks review. Very superficial and cliché as it rementions tired and old remarks but nothing about the music or lyrics. Only missing pope of mope remark. I bet he, or she forgot that one.
No opinion whatsoever. Yawn.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom