"Low In High School" released (Nov. 17, 2017)

Low In High School is out now.
41311_low_in_high_school.jpg

LAUGH OUT LOUD !

Stevo is dead boys !
Chin chin ! Cheers everyone ! Cheers viva hat !
After three now ! It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. . . . . . . . . .

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

The first week's sales are going to be 'interesting'. Will the 'official critics' who've slammed the album affect sales? The Cult Fans will buy as an article of faith but how big is the cult now? How many 'casual punters' are going to want to be seen walking around HMV with a copy of LIHS given that, for many, Morrissey has not outed himself as an absolute reactionary gobshite in this Der Spiegel interview.

Everyone has their own opinion, but Metacritic is showing this as his worst album ever.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/low-in-high-school/morrissey

There's no 'mission'. Don't confuse ironic online gestures with reality. Mocking Morrissey is just another fun thing to do on the interwebz. Don't take all this so seriously! I know people who spend all day online playing poker, wrecking their finances. I spend a lot of time playing Solitaire and doing Sudoku. I agree with you: Morrissey really isn't that important. One day he'll have to face the fact he's wasted most of his life imagining he's an 'icon' when he's just a thicko C list Crank-Fraud. But, hey! That's his problemo, not yours. Not mine. Have a nice day, baby!

And one day you will realise that you've wasted your sad little life 'debunking' Morrissey. You will never get those minutes and hours back. That is your prolemo, baby...

The first week's sales are going to be 'interesting'. Will the 'official critics' who've slammed the album affect sales? The Cult Fans will buy as an article of faith but how big is the cult now? How many 'casual punters' are going to want to be seen walking around HMV with a copy of LIHS given that, for many, Morrissey has not outed himself as an absolute reactionary gobshite in this Der Spiegel interview.

I think the cult is probably at an all time low after his odd rantings over the last few years. No idea how the album will sell and not sure about how official critics (who in the main have never written a song in their lives) will impact sales. One area which may or may not help him is social media, both Boy George (500k followers) and Noel Gallagher (1.2 m followers) have been really glowing in their views of the album and one thing I don't think he had around the release of World Piece is a facebook presence, where there are 1.3m followers?

And one day you will realise that you've wasted your sad little life 'debunking' Morrissey. You will never get those minutes and hours back. That is your prolemo, baby...

erm....LOL!

So the choice I have made
May seem strange to you
But who asked you, anyway?
It's my life to wreck
My own way

I think the cult is probably at an all time low after his odd rantings over the last few years. No idea how the album will sell and not sure about how official critics (who in the main have never written a song in their lives) will impact sales. One area which may or may not help him is social media, both Boy George (500k followers) and Noel Gallagher (1.2 m followers) have been really glowing in their views of the album and one thing I don't think he had around the release of World Piece is a facebook presence, where there are 1.3m followers?

I don't know how good a guide the Amazon and iTunes charts are, but they're not looking good. Based on the fact that Morrissey's sales always tend to slow down as the week progresses, it might not even make the top ten. That seems impossible, tbh, but we'll have to wait and see.

The reality is, no one is meant to write pop songs for forty years. Old acts tend to become as bad as everyone expects them to be. Music really is for young people. Music for older people becomes little more mama's homemade recipe that was never as good as you thought it was. She could have fed you sand and you would have sentimentalized the taste.

You are so very wrong. Great music knows no age. At the end of his life Bowie gave us Blackstar, which was visionary and mesmerizing.

Morrissey has occasionally cited Buffy Sainte-Marie as someone he admires. The woman is 76 years old, and this is her latest release. This song is ferocious, defiant, powerful, political and urgent. It's just beautiful:

You are so very wrong. Great music knows no age. At the end of his life Bowie gave us Blackstar, which was visionary and mesmerizing.

Morrissey has occasionally cited Buffy Sainte-Marie as someone he admires. The woman is 76 years old, and this is her latest release. This song is ferocious, defiant, powerful, political and urgent. It's just beautiful:

You are right of course. But this most certainly does not apply to wannabe Howard Hughses, who surround themselves with yes-men, remove themselves from reality, blame everyone but themselves for their misfortunes and insist everything they do is brilliant.

You are right of course. But this most certainly does not apply to wannabe Howard Hughses, who surround themselves with yes-men, remove themselves from reality, blame everyone but themselves for their misfortunes and insist everything they do is brilliant.

Tragically, Morrissey has become more than a bit Trumpian in his dotage. I say tragically because his vocals (the recorded ones at least) continue to be certifiably godlike.

How astonishing that such a great, great talent could fall so very far. How sad (yet vaguely fascinating) it is to see him become a caricature of everything he once despised: he's now the stodgy old fart who needs a good kick in the teeth.

Tragically, Morrissey has become more than a bit Trumpian in his dotage. I say tragically because his vocals (the recorded ones at least) continue to be certifiably godlike.

How astonishing that such a great, great talent could fall so very far. How sad (yet vaguely fascinating) it is to see him become a caricature of everything he once despised: he's now the stodgy old fart who needs a good kick in the teeth.

All correct again. And you're right about the voice, too.

I love Kill Uncle, Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted. These albums are underrated in my opinion. I thought after the very bad horrible Ringleader and World Peace, Morrissey would consider making a great album at least perhaps to finally retire. Oh my god, what a disappointment, what a piece of crap!

Look at Depeche Mode, they made a string of bad unlistenable albums in a row in the 00's, then returned with a great, not fantastic but great album this year towards the end of their career.

Low in High School is the final nail in the coffin.

I still find Low in High School to be a truly horrible album. I don’t like the sound of it and the lyrics are ghastly. His worst ever.

Marie Antoinette’s “Let them eat cake” is a sensitive statement full of care and empathy compared to the bile Morrissey has put to music on Low in High School.

Please Morrissey, tell me more about the horrible dinners with bogus music moguls. Your millionaire popstar lifestyle sounds truly dreadful. Oh look over there Your Mozjesty, a war cemetary for you to piss on!

Morrissey has shown his true colors. There is no going back anymore. This is who he is and future albums will only get worse.

The sense of entitlement he radiates puts him right up there with Donald Trump, Kim Jung Un and the Queen. He may not like them, but he is exactly the same.
Okay Eric, thanks for your thoughts. I take it that you're leaving us now? Please have the balls to do just that, I can't spend my life sifting through your witless rants. Same to BB, that wretched butcher and friends. I'm not an apologist but it's very tedious reading the same old invective time after time. And Tseng wonders why he's banned from M's shows.

I think I'm starting to warm to the Album version of 'All the young people'. Although I'm still expecting to here Moz say "to the second' at the end. Which shows how obsessively I listened to the BBC 6 live version.

I'd really like them to remix it and bring the piano right up in the mix.

Okay Eric, thanks for your thoughts. I take it that you're leaving us now? Please have the balls to do just that, I can't spend my life sifting through your witless rants. Same to BB, that wretched butcher and friends. I'm not an apologist but it's very tedious reading the same old invective time after time. And Tseng wonders why he's banned from M's shows.

Go f*** yourself, you clueless pretentious little shit!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom