"Low In High School" released (Nov. 17, 2017)

Low In High School is out now.
41311_low_in_high_school.jpg

I still go out. I’m in loving relationships with a couple of men. Polyamorous it’s called. I drink wodka, no ice. I’ve been a bit under the weather, but all better now.

I like a lot of music. From Stevie Nicks to Anohni, everything goes.

I enjoy long walks on the beach. With my dog.
Your a f***ing c*** , a Morrissey obsessed f***ing c***. You an Bummer Boy are totally obsessed with Morriseey, all I read on here is shite off Eric Fartman, Bummer Boy & Uncle (up his own talentless arse) Skinny,...Shut the f*** up!!,

It is absolutely..

feeling better?

Too bad a few don't like it. Does it have it's highs and lows? sure. But he'll never be what people imagine he should and should not be or do and has his faults like any person, no need to crucify.

I thought so too..would make sense right?

I pre-ordered the record (like 4 different ways, the French version, the 7" version, the cassette) from the US Mporium and like a dumb arse, I assumed I would receive it on release day (I know I know)

Did anyone else think that.. Or receive the mailed version?

Love the new album. Some of the hysterics on this forum is downright hilarious.
I feel for you guys that Morrissey doesn't share your political views, now go and get a life and listen to something else; there's plenty of music out there.

It's a solid album. Side A knocks it right out of the park till I Bury The Living which is a bit tedious.
Side B is an interesting listen because of its musical diversity. Israel being the absolute highlight for me. One of my favorite Morrissey album closers and some lyrics applicable to some of the forum members here, bitching and whining because Morrissey is not like you. Bunch of silly crybabies.
You're delusional. It has nothing to do with his stances.
It's the music and lyrics.

A person can still like Morrissey and dislike an album.

C'mon folks! Seven of these songs would barely make it as B-sides if their was still such a thing as a true single.

Yes, it is a little drab (I'm not English, is that the correct usage?) that he seems to be forcing his agenda into our skulls. But good music and good lyrics can most of the time get you past that.

I don't give a crap about his political views, I just want good music.

So do me a favor, don't lump us all together and assume because we don't like the album it's because we don't agree with him politically.

I agree with you that side A is decent and goes downhill with I Bury.

I like Instanbul & Mount Joy. Two great songs.

No great songs to be found on High School. I don’t like preachy, finger pointing, accusing Morrissey.

What a bitter old man he turned out to be.
Mountjoy is probably the last great song he's put out. Boz and his acoustic, and Morrissey writing simple, but great lyrics.

Your a f***ing c*** , a Morrissey obsessed f***ing c***. You an Bummer Boy are totally obsessed with Morriseey, all I read on here is shite off Eric Fartman, Bummer Boy & Uncle (up his own talentless arse) Skinny,...Shut the f*** up!!,

"You're", please. Make your insults grammatically correct.

I think it's a bit rich when people on this site dismiss others as mentally ill if they hold differing views. I should think that this would be one of the first sites to offer solace to the mentally ill. To deny ANYBODY that on a Morrissey forum after the way he has highlighted such issues over the years shows that YOU are out of touch imo.

feeling better?

Too bad a few don't like it. Does it have it's highs and lows? sure. But he'll never be what people imagine he should and should not be or do and has his faults like any person, no need to crucify.

But that’s the point. It has its highs and lows. It’s far better than WP, but the point of opinion is that it quantifies the good, the bad and the ugly. You do it when you might consider Panic a superior work to I Keep Mine Hidden, or Suedehead better than Smiler With Knife, or even Van Gogh a more important cultural icon than Van Morrisson.

If you are suggesting one cannot call out I Bury The Living for being simplistic, nasty tripe then I’m afraid we will have to disagree.

Every normal person wishes to live in a peaceful world. Pete Seeger and John Lennon and others were articulating that decades ago. It’s nothibg new. If you are going to do it today you’d better have something important to say. “Soldiers are bad” isn’t. In fact it is barely an opinion, let alone worthy of being a centrepiece of an album.

Last week I watched a documentary about the retaking of Mosul from ISIS. The men on the ground, not those pressing buttons a thousand miles away while scoffing a sarnie, were heroes. They fought and died inch by inch to clear that city room by room knowing that against ISIS capture was worse even than death. They were doing today what the Allies did in Europe seventy years ago. Cleansing the world from a literal evil.

For them to be summarily dismissed by a multi-millionaire vaudevillian as somehow the same as those they were fighting isn’t just ill-judged. It’s disgusting.

Go to Europe. Visit an Allied war cemetery. It’s a shame Morrissey seemingly never has. That way he’d gain a little perspective. To quote David St. Hubbins “Too much f***ing perspective.”

Nobody asked Morrissey to release this album and share his strong opinions, but to expect him to do so but not receive strong opinions in return is ludicrous.

Last edited:

Errr ! Diesel I think Stevo has had enough gin now don't you ?
Best you put him to bed, don't you think ?

F A F !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

All is not well in the circus

Laugh out loud !
Classic Stevo behaviour, just look at the list of "players" on Low in Clown School.

Martin the most loyal lawnmower spare part has been demoted to third on the 4kin checklist.
Oh Stevo what a bitch you are !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Clearly you only want to see things that reinforce your prejudices, to the exclusion of all else.

But that's precisely what you do. Morrissey can directly state he's not pro-Brexit, Jacky isn't about Brexit, and he regards himself as apolitical - all of which is perfectly obvious anyway. But you will still continue with your own embittered agenda, insulting anyone who disagrees with you.

List them.
1)M has a drink problem.
2)You have not liked anything by M since 2004.
3)Jacky IS about Brexit.

None are that important but it was your hypocrisy at pointing out another poster as a liar that really sticks in the craw.
Hypocrisy and pomposity Uncle P

1)M has a drink problem.
2)You have not liked anything by M since 2004.
3)Jacky IS about Brexit.

None are that important but it was your hypocrisy at pointing out another poster as a liar that really sticks in the craw.
Hypocrisy and pomposity Uncle P

All true. Now off you scuttle. Try harder.

But that's precisely what you do. Morrissey can directly state he's not pro-Brexit, Jacky isn't about Brexit, and he regards himself as apolitical - all of which is perfectly obvious anyway. But you will still continue with your own embittered agenda, insulting anyone who disagrees with you.

I also think this is an important part because he has never openly admitted this.

SPIEGEL: Do you say some of the more provocative things just to stand against certain currents in the current general worldview?

Morrissey: Yes, I mean, you have to open the debate. Provocation is too strong a word, but I am for plain text.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom