"Low In High School" released (Nov. 17, 2017)

Low In High School is out now.
41311_low_in_high_school.jpg

Been a longtime fan since 1st seeing The Smiths in 86, have not missed a single solo show in Boston area. I own everything by him and have weathered the ups and downs of what it is to be a Morrissey fan. I generally have enjoyed all of his albums, I can always find something interesting and applaud his spirit, independence and creative risks.

However, this album sucks dog balls. It is the most desperate I've ever heard him. The writing, delivery and the incessant need to be controversial for the sake of being controversial.

I still have my tickets and look forward to the next show, but for the 1st time I have no interest in hearing the new material live.
Good luck to you. It sounds like it'll be a rough ride for you but enjoy it if you can.

Do you still think that now after a few listens? How about 'Israel' or 'Home is a question mark' or 'Jacky'? I think they are great songs.

I still find Low in High School to be a truly horrible album. I don’t like the sound of it and the lyrics are ghastly. His worst ever.

Marie Antoinette’s “Let them eat cake” is a sensitive statement full of care and empathy compared to the bile Morrissey has put to music on Low in High School.

Please Morrissey, tell me more about the horrible dinners with bogus music moguls. Your millionaire popstar lifestyle sounds truly dreadful. Oh look over there Your Mozjesty, a war cemetary for you to piss on!

Morrissey has shown his true colors. There is no going back anymore. This is who he is and future albums will only get worse.

The sense of entitlement he radiates puts him right up there with Donald Trump, Kim Jung Un and the Queen. He may not like them, but he is exactly the same.

I totally love this new album. It feels so close to my soul and my mind that it surprised me the first time I listened to it complete. Songs are beautiful, both musically and lyrically, and Morrissey's voice sounds great.

The Girl From Tel Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel is the most beautiful chacarera I listened in my life. It made me cry. Israel could be a song about the country, but it's a given name with a beautiful meaning too. Morrissey sings his life and I feel this album is like his personal miracle. Everything I know deserts me now when you open your soul.

Is this meant to be some kind of parody?

You forgot that it sucks, too.

Morrissey has accomplished something I never thought could happen: He's become a bad lyricist. I mean, "List of the Lost" type bad.

I think it's due in part to the fact that he no longer has much to say, but he still needs a product to tour for, and a point of view to help promote it. With nothing interesting left to say, he puts a target on his back.

More importantly, now he seems to only comb his hair when he goes on stage. He's starting to resemble some disheveled old fart sitting at a race track all day, betting on horses that don't exist.

Morrissey used to have such tact, along with a healthy sense of humor. It's all melted away now. There's really nothing left to cling to. He's become entirely unrelatable.

The reality is, no one is meant to write pop songs for forty years. Old acts tend to become as bad as everyone expects them to be. Music really is for young people. Music for older people becomes little more mama's homemade recipe that was never as good as you thought it was. She could have fed you sand and you would have sentimentalized the taste.

Morrissey has accomplished something I never thought could happen: He's become a bad lyricist. I mean, "List of the Lost" type bad.

More importantly, now he seems to only comb his hair when he goes on stage. He's starting to resemble some disheveled old fart sitting at a race track all day, betting on horses that don't exist.

He should retire.

What a selfish statement. You could always just stop listening and buying his albums and let the rest of us who still enjoy his music, enjoy it.
I think you may be giving that anonymous poster too much credit. It's not like his/her opinion is going to have any bearing on your enjoyment. A fly at a picnic is soon ignored or worse :)

I think you may be giving that anonymous poster too much credit. It's not like his/her opinion is going to have any bearing on your enjoyment. A fly at a picnic is soon ignored or worse :)
Of course that's true. It's just the thought process. He's not making music for me anymore, so he can just call it a day.

For me the album is a 6 out of 10. Better than Years of Refusal which was undoubtedly his worst album ever. Some excellent tracks - the standout being 'Israel'. Some absolute duds too. But it's on my Ipod and it's just great to have some new Moz material.

Because I must ! LOL.

17/11/17 put it in the diary under the heading Shit or Bust for Steve.

Will he be able to pull it off one last time ? It's a big ask given that it looks like he's been stubborn enough to continue with the most recent dreadful lawnmower line up.

Whatever happens it's going to be very entertaining just observing his P R stunt attempts to get himself some media attention. It's already started with that nut job celebrity death statement for a guy who thought Whacko Jacko was killed with a laser:rofl:. It must have been comedy gold to listen in on the conversation between Steve and that nutter.
Also looking forward to the Bots getting all giddy and making fools of themselves, nobody does it better than them lot, we couldn't do all this without them :clap:.

Lastly I'd like to doff my cap :tiphat: to BrummieBoy and say "It's on" :ahhh:Squeaky bum time !
The clock is now ticking for Steve's last chance showbiz showdown, reckon it's gonna be epic times all round. There's no one quite like Steven, I'm sure you will agree ( could be a song in that last line :rolleyes: ).

Get ready for the ride people ! The louder you scream the faster we go ! Whoooo ! Whoooooo !

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Aug 22, 2017
+ QuoteReply

No. We're completely different people. We share a common purpose and goal:
Debunking Morrissey

Given the reviews today I'd say it's Mission Accomplished!

What a sad admission and mission. He really isn't that important...

People are forgetting how bad half of Years of Refusal was really.

I think LIHS is promising for around 2\3s of the album. In particular the first 5 choons! It's a shame he couldn't maybe realise a cheeky EP and also realise he needs to actually read and research geopolitial topics (or just avoid writing about them).

I think I'm starting to warm to the Album version of 'All the young people'. Although I'm still expecting to here Moz say "to the second' at the end. Which shows how obsessively I listened to the BBC 6 live version.

What a sad admission and mission. He really isn't that important...

There's no 'mission'. Don't confuse ironic online gestures with reality. Mocking Morrissey is just another fun thing to do on the interwebz. Don't take all this so seriously! I know people who spend all day online playing poker, wrecking their finances. I spend a lot of time playing Solitaire and doing Sudoku. I agree with you: Morrissey really isn't that important. One day he'll have to face the fact he's wasted most of his life imagining he's an 'icon' when he's just a thicko C list Crank-Fraud. But, hey! That's his problemo, not yours. Not mine. Have a nice day, baby!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom