Low in high school leak (go to page 9 or 10)

Despite it's flaws, I love this track! Possibly not for the right reasons, but it's one of the more fun tracks. I love it when he pronounces it 'po-lice' (as in 'f*** the...')

Of the 5 songs I've heard for the first time today Israel is the only one I can say I really like, and Who Will Protect Us From The Police is the only one I think has the potential to grow on me, I like bits of it.

His political opinions flop about like a fish on land. The lyrics are bad when they're bad because of poor construction.

I don't think that the lyrics are really bad, they are OK. It's not a big surprise, it's been a long time that moz's lyrics are no longer great, but there are some good songs in this album like I bury the living.

Who's stopping anyone posting anything they want? Do you have evidence this is happening?

Well, you call people "unthinking drones" and tell them their posts are "horseshit". Unless that's your idea of healthy debate, it's an aggressive attempt to shut them down because they don't happen to agree with you.

I don't think that the lyrics are really bad, they are OK. It's not a big surprise, it's been a long time that moz's lyrics are no longer great, but there are some good songs in this album like I bury the living.
Yeah, that's a great song if you completely disregard the clumsy and tone deaf lyrics. There's a lot of sonic daring. I feel bad for the band's efforts.

EDIT: I'm not hating the album as a whole. But I definitely like 50% of it.

Not even 'Home Is A Question Mark'? That song reminded me of mid-late 90's Morrissey. My initial thoughts on the album are pretty critical, but that song's quality really stands out for me. If I was being picky, I would probably have changed the 'wrap your legs around my face' line, however.

Agree about 'Home..' it sounds like a Maladjusted outtake. 'Jacky' sounds a bit like that too

Yeah, that's a great song if you completely disregard the clumsy and tone deaf lyrics. There's a lot of sonic daring. I feel bad for the band's efforts.

I think it's the music that's to blame; a lot of the lyrics just don't seem to scan that well and I think that's a result of sort-of basic music. That said, the music on this one is actually a lot more out there than on other records

I think it's the music that's to blame; a lot of the lyrics just don't seem to scan that well and I think that's a result of sort-of basic music. That said, the music on this one is actually a lot more out there than on other records
I'm all for experimentation musically. I'm not the guy who thinks he should stick to a sound and beat it to death. I wonder if he had a different group of musicians if the lyrics would improve. I don't know that they would. It used to be that the politics would be a line or two in a song, to provide emphasis or contrast to the other subjects within. A lot of his lyrics now are the equivalent of a grumpy grandpa shaking the newspaper and harrumphing.

I'm all for experimentation musically. I'm not the guy who thinks he should stick to a sound and beat it to death. I wonder if he had a different group of musicians if the lyrics would improve. I don't know that they would. It used to be that the politics would be a line or two in a song, to provide emphasis or contrast to the other subjects within. A lot of his lyrics now are the equivalent of a grumpy grandpa shaking the newspaper and harrumphing.

YuUCu0A.jpg

I love the album ...... been a fan since 85 and glad that Moz actually has new material out ...... a lot of you guys need to get a life

EDIT: I'm not hating the album as a whole. But I definitely like 50% of it.

agree with you, now that i listened the whole album more than 5 times i'm definitely liking 50%, barely 60% of the Album.

Okay so I've had a bit of a frustratingly busy day so I've only had time to listen a couple of times through. I'm definitely going to need more time with it to come to any kind of conclusion. But my initial reaction is positive. One thing that stood out on the first listen was his voice. I don't think he's ever sounded so good. His range is incredible. He's doing things with his voice that I didn't even know he was capable of. That last note he hits on HIAQM is unbelievable.

'I bury the living' must be the most bizarre thing he's ever done. The last couple of minutes are beautiful but I think I'm going to need a bit of time to get used to the rest of it. I love 'Israel' but I agree that it deserved a more powerful ending. The other three "new" songs are pleasant enough but nothing about them really stood out. I'm off for another listen.

Am I the only one a bit disappointed with 'My Love'? I much prefer the live version and Jesse's guitar riff over the brass.

'Who will protect us from the police' lyrically not the strongest but the vocal melody is infectious. I can't get it out of my head.

Come back to Harvest Stevo and let's pick up the pieces on the Un-released covers project 'Kerrygold'.
The door is always open as long as you 4ck the Lawnmowers off.

Steve Barnett C E O Harvest

If I want to act, as 'a kid', as you say, then I bloody well will do, and there's nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

Well said.
It does remind me of someone saying the same thing so I guess this is prove of you not disliking him all the way and not wanting him to shut up on all things you don’t want to hear.

It occurs to me that if you handed Who Will Protect Us From the Police? over to Depeche Mode, they might be able to pull it off.
Especially since it's seemingly constructed from a grab bag of their sounds.

Now come on g23, you might be a fan of them but comparing Moz to DM for this song, or any other song and thinking they would do it better, I can’t inagtne. And I do think I have a big fantasy!

Back
Top Bottom