"Low in High School" - Instant Classic or Damp Squib?

"Low in High School" - Instant Classic or Damp Squib?

• Instant Classic! Commercial success and Morrissey's lyrics in the headlines. Viva Moz!

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • The best Morrissey has put out from Quarry 'til now! He's back! 1983-2004 FTW, tho'.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Some truly brilliant tracks, some not so. A solid collection. Has its place in the canon.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Hmm. I admire Moz' punk attitude in this current state of music, but...quality control...

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Bloody hell, rope in some new songwriting partners! But I admit there are 1 or 2 corkers.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Damp squib. Dude -- pack it in.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (see thread).

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Well, so far as the one being in the lead seems to suggest, the expectations are quite moderate and on the safe side. As could be more or less expected. :) We need a poll about the expectations of the expectations. :squiffy:

Don't talk that way about our Lord. J.C. saves.
:lbf:

we all know that there is only one lord and savoir and that is... MORRISSEY ! his record as usual will save the lives of many hatebots on this site. Like the air that they breath they... NEED HIM. :thumb:

But what are your realistic hopes for the album? (Don't be afraid to dream big!)
Vote and discuss, por favor.

only two votes for 'Instant Classic! Commercial success and Morrissey's lyrics in the headlines. Viva Moz!' in the poll ?!

guess folks here are afraid to dream big. HOW SAD. :straightface:

though KL you did write be 'realistic' then you write 'dream big' so it is a bit of a paradox. But still... c'mon people don't be afraid !

I did not really enjoy years of refusal.... I liked world peace very much and I am expecting something better than world peace

That is true, but the world of Moz is all about paradoxes...

Although I hope this is not Morrissey's last album, I do hope he and the band approached it that way -- lyrically and musically.
As Paulie Malignaggi is fond of saying, "Bring your balls!"

though KL you did write be 'realistic' then you write 'dream big' so it is a bit of a paradox. But still... c'mon people don't be afraid !

Unfortunately, quite a lot of people seem unable to detach their view of him as a writer in the 80's when looking at work 30+ years later and always pronounce judgment as if he should stay in some kind of perma-teen angst state.
FWD.

You mean he hasn't? He's the biggest case of emotional arrested development in the entire music industry.
When he was young and hungry it was charming and now that he's late middle aged it is laughable.

I just hope it's a 180 from this tracklisting

The Kids A Looker
Neil Cassidy Drops Dead
How Can Anybody Possibly Know I Feel
Action Is My Middle Name
America Is Not The World
Because of My Poor Education
At Last I am Born
Earth Is The Loneliest Planet
Found Found Found
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy
Let Me Kiss You
The Slum Mums
Sorrow Will Come In The End

Havent cared for much of his solo stuff since Quarry. I'm keeping expectations at a minimum for this one, but hoping to be surprised.

Honestly, I think it'll be kind of a non-event for the world at large. Hype, Promo, etc etc can't change the fact that most people under a certain age have no clue who he is for the most part. I'm not holding my breath for a masterpiece at this point, but I'll be happy if there are four or five good songs, and maybe a great one or two.

be realistic folks ! do not dream big ! do not hope for more ! :lbf:

Well if the way it's all kicked off is anything to go by I'd say it's got all the ingredients of being a right old Fukushima !

#Fukushima in high skool :pileofpoop::fire::mask:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Do you guys remember when WPINOYB came out Morrissey said he had another album pretty much ready to go? Of course with all of the Harvest drama, it never happened. I'm wondering if that is the album we're getting now?

Last edited:
Do you guys remember when WPINOYB came out Morrissey said he had another album pretty much ready to go? Of course with all of the Harvest drama, it never happened. I'm wondering if that is the album we're getting now.

hope not, that could mean... 1. all the songs that were not good enough for 'World Peace' will be on the new one, or 2. felt that those songs sounded too different and just sounded odd with the ones on 'WPINOYB'.

Last edited:
hope not, that could mean... 1. all the songs that were not good enough for 'World Peace' will be on the new one, or 2. felt that those songs sounded too different and just sounded odd with the ones on 'WPINOYB'.

Hmmm, I had not thought of that - good points. If that story is true then I imagine some of those songs must have survived.

Back
Top Bottom