"Low In High School" enters at #5 in UK album charts

Well, it’s come in at #5. Rather disappointing. I have to believe that if Moz weren’t constantly saying inflammatory comments, it would’ve done better. His sexual assault comments have been everywhere, and if people dove into the interview to see the context, they’d also have encountered his Berlin “rape capital” stuff. Perhaps someone who knows more about by the charts, sales, and all that could find a better explanation or analysis than I.

Excerpt from officialcharts.com article:

Morrissey picks up his 13th Top 10 record with Low in High School at Number 5. Low in High School was also the best-selling on vinyl and cassette this week.

Posted by SCL:

Now, official numbers for Low inHigh School:

No.5 UK Albums Chart: 25,728 copies sold
Nº1 UK Vinyl Albums Chart: vinyl 6,766

* World Peace. . . sold 18,762 during its 1st week

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that will be a comfort to Morrissey.........*smirks*

This victory is sweet!!!!!!

BB

he's doing very well.

don't be jealous, take pride in the achievements you've accomplished in your own life. You may never get your own day, but we can't all be.... MORRISSEY !

the victory is sweet!

:D

No. It is a mediocre album at best from a great artist that needs to catch up with the times; it is not 1973 and it's not cool to hate.

Oh Morrissey, please look at the sales numbers and not the meaningless ranking in front of it - please don't say something silly, we'd really love another album with BMG!

I bought one: CD. But I also bought the remastered double cd of 'The Queen Is Dead' this week but I'm not sure if Moz still gets money for that. I know Moz & Marr sold the back catalogue to Warners years ago but I don't know if they earn from the reissues. I hope they do.

Ah. This is a seperate subject for a seperate post. But, strangely enough, SOME of the rights are actually officially registered to "ANDY ROUKE MUSIC COMPANY."

Hazard
x

Yes,the less accessible tracks need at least five plays to fully get it. I can see LIHS being much more favourably reviewed in years to come.In the circumstances Top 5 is very respectable. Bubblegum earworm pop will always have more appeal to the mass market. ( under 14s ? ).

REGARDLESS OF CHART POSITIONS AND REVIEWS, LIHS IS A PRETTY AMAZING ALBUM, AND NOTHING WILL CHANGE THAT FACT FOR THOSE THAT HEAR IT.

Ah. This is a seperate subject for a seperate post. But, strangely enough, SOME of the rights are actually officially registered to "ANDY ROUKE MUSIC COMPANY."

Hazard
x
nding i

My understanding is that Andy sold his rights for a one-off lump sum, when he was broke and needed some money. I certainly remember him advertising his revenue stream for sale, so I presumably someone bought it.

I'm sure that will be a comfort to Morrissey.........*smirks*

This victory is sweet!!!!!!

BB

Andy, watch, I will now connect you with the facts:

Morrissey LIHS No.5 UK Albums Chart: 25,728 copies sold

Spirit debuted at number five on the UK Albums Chart, selling 23,658 units in its first week. (Depeche Mode)...
Hamburg Demonstrations (2 December 2016) UK No. 61 (P. Doherty)...
Night Thoughts, Suede, released on 22 January 2016, UK N0. 6 ...
Adrenalin Baby, Johnny Marr, released on 9 October 2015, It peaked at #96 in UK Albums Chart ...
Strange Little Birds, Garbage, released on June 10, 2016, debuted at number 17 on the UK Albums Chart with 5,293 copies sold on its first week...
4:13 Dream
is the thirteenth studio album by English rock band The Cure. It was released on 27 October 2008, UK N0. 33...
The Platinum Collection is a compilation album by David Bowie, released in 2005 (DB is 58 years old), UK No. 53...
etc.

Andy, watch, I will now connect you with the facts:

Spirit debuted at number five on the UK Albums Chart, selling 23,658 units in its first week. (Depeche Mode)...
Adrenalin Baby, Johnny Marr, released on 9 October 2015, It peaked at #96 in UK Albums Chart ...
Strange Little Birds, Garbage, released on June 10, 2016, debuted at number 17 on the UK Albums Chart with 5,293 copies sold on its first week...
is the thirteenth studio album by English rock band The Cure. It was released on 27 October 2008, UK N0. 33...
The Platinum Collection is a compilation album by David Bowie, released in 2005 (DB is 58 years old), UK No. 53...
etc.

That's interesting. It's almost as if Morrissey is doing rather well, sales and chart-wise...

Wow - 37% better sales than World Peace despite considerably worse reviews.
The public must have loved 'Spent the Day in Bed' and just ignored the critics.
Remember the world's twattiest trolling loser imploring everyone to 'Boycott Low in High School'?
Your campaign failed, little f***wit, presumably pretty much like everything else in your miserable, hateful life.
Good luck crying yourself to sleep!

Last edited:
That's interesting. It's almost as if Morrissey is doing rather well, sales and chart-wise...

Of course, my friend, of course. Everything is OK, and LIHS is majestic LP.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom