"Low In High School" enters at #5 in UK album charts

Well, it’s come in at #5. Rather disappointing. I have to believe that if Moz weren’t constantly saying inflammatory comments, it would’ve done better. His sexual assault comments have been everywhere, and if people dove into the interview to see the context, they’d also have encountered his Berlin “rape capital” stuff. Perhaps someone who knows more about by the charts, sales, and all that could find a better explanation or analysis than I.

Excerpt from officialcharts.com article:

Morrissey picks up his 13th Top 10 record with Low in High School at Number 5. Low in High School was also the best-selling on vinyl and cassette this week.

Posted by SCL:

Now, official numbers for Low inHigh School:

No.5 UK Albums Chart: 25,728 copies sold
Nº1 UK Vinyl Albums Chart: vinyl 6,766

* World Peace. . . sold 18,762 during its 1st week

Last edited by a moderator:
She may well be 'shite' but thats why the masses will buy her LP and adore her whilst living their mundane lives. Personally for me I don't care if the masses don't buy into Moz thats one of the reasons I signed up over 30 years ago and still buying the albums and singles.

Being beaten by someone as utterly shite as Paloma Faith has gotta hurt. She is f***ing garbage.
Yah but garbage sells. Hence KFC, McDreadful, One Erection, Take Shat, Buttzone, Wanklife, Robby Willyhams, etc. I'd me more worried if Moz was a sellout no talent chart topping media darling with no opinion on anything. Those vacant smiles make me sick. Paloma Freak's speaking voice makes me want to put my head in a rusty smoothie maker.

From Music Week:

His recent pronouncements on Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein proving that at 58, he is as curmudgeonly and controversial as ever, Morrissey is also consistent, and easily maintains his record of making the Top 10 with every studio album of his 29-year solo career, with the 11th such release, Low In High School, debuting at No.5 (25,728 sales) – a tally that includes a contribution of 6,766 sales (26.30% of the total) from vinyl and 309 from cassette, enough for it to be a runaway No.1 on both formats' charts. Although his last album, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, opened higher in 2014 – at No.2 – it had significantly lower first week sales of 18,762. Morrissey's highest first week sale, 63,709, was enough for Ringleader Of The Tormentors to deliver his third and last solo No.1 in 2006. In addition to his studio albums, Morrissey has made the Top 10 with two compilations, and nine times as leader of The Smiths.

Have to agree BB it's nothing to be proud of. It's a failure considering it had major label backing. One has to feel deeply sorry for all those "collectors" though who felt they had to lay down and take it in every hole, without them Stevo would have looked like an even bigger clown.
Hopefully Korda Marshall and B M G will take a leaf out of Steve Barnett's book and in the future all will be well.
Enjoy the bullshit replies on this thread but most of all enjoy the weekend in the Shire.
Yours on debunking

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

P S Spare a thought for Diesel and what he must be going through back in the hotel room :eek:

TROLL X 16
B'STARD X 27
GO 4CK YERSELF BENNY BUTT FACE X 39

Hello Benny and Brummie from the great beyond! I have returned just for the moment to say hello and wish you well on your future endeavours here. My fighting days are over much like Moz's relevance in the current music scene. He seems dead set against staying relevant or encouraging new listeners to join the cult, and instead is spending his cache hand over fist to speak his mind without the benefit of good music to accompany it. He is on the verge of bankruptcy in this regard.

He stood on the precipice of a chance at an enormously successful second act to his marvelous solo career with YATQ and then.....ahhhhhhhh and splat! Such a shame really. All hope may not be lost, but the ship has sailed beyond sight. I will wait by the shore with a candle of hope that he will return to his senses, but I won't be holding my breath. All the best!

Hello Benny and Brummie from the great beyond! I have returned just for the moment to say hello and wish you well on your future endeavours here. My fighting days are over much like Moz's relevance in the current music scene. He seems dead set against staying relevant or encouraging new listeners to join the cult, and instead is spending his cache hand over fist to speak his mind without the benefit of good music to accompany it. He is on the verge of bankruptcy in this regard.

He stood on the precipice of a chance at an enormously successful second act to his marvelous solo career with YATQ and then.....ahhhhhhhh and splat! Such a shame really. All hope may not be lost, but the ship has sailed beyond sight. I will wait by the shore with a candle of hope that he will return to his senses, but I won't be holding my breath. All the best!

An optimistic interpretation of these sales figures is that he will be forced to do something different......time will tell.

all the best

BB

Paloma is pretty opinionated too though. Don't like her music but she's alright.

She can't sing though. She's like a monotone foghorn. I had the misfortune to see her live once (at a festival). I still shudder about it - although that may have had something to with some sniffer dogs

She may well be 'shite' but thats why the masses will buy her LP and adore her whilst living their mundane lives. Personally for me I don't care if the masses don't buy into Moz thats one of the reasons I signed up over 30 years ago and still buying the albums and singles.

I'd hardly say 25000 is 'the masses' to be honest.

An optimistic interpretation of these sales figures is that he will be forced to do something different......time will tell.

all the best

BB

He tried to something slightly different this time. Political Moz Most people are sick to the back teeth of politics though. Especially contrary libertarian ones through the medium of song by an aging narcissist.

I listened to LHIS this morning. The first 4 or 5 songs are pretty good in fairness and then it descends into the political ramblings of a hamster who forgot to hibernate. It's f***ing painful

Not sure he can do anything different with the band he has though?

If he wants a 'mass audience' he can either find some 'professional songwriters' as Liam Gallagher has done. Or reform The Smiths if Marr will allow it. Otherwise, his long, slow decline will accelerate.

There's nothing for his Cult fans to celebrate with these figures. They merely show he has a cult core who would buy literally anything and several versions of it. To the rest of the UK public he's irrelevant.

From Music Week:

His recent pronouncements on Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein proving that at 58, he is as curmudgeonly and controversial as ever, Morrissey is also consistent, and easily maintains his record of making the Top 10 with every studio album of his 29-year solo career, with the 11th such release, Low In High School, debuting at No.5 (25,728 sales) – a tally that includes a contribution of 6,766 sales (26.30% of the total) from vinyl and 309 from cassette, enough for it to be a runaway No.1 on both formats' charts. Although his last album, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, opened higher in 2014 – at No.2 – it had significantly lower first week sales of 18,762. Morrissey's highest first week sale, 63,709, was enough for Ringleader Of The Tormentors to deliver his third and last solo No.1 in 2006. In addition to his studio albums, Morrissey has made the Top 10 with two compilations, and nine times as leader of The Smiths.
309 cassettes is impressive - at least 300 people will buy anything going!

If he wants a 'mass audience' he can either find some 'professional songwriters' as Liam Gallagher has done. Or reform The Smiths if Marr will allow it. Otherwise, his long, slow decline will accelerate.

There's nothing for his Cult fans to celebrate with these figures. They merely show he has a cult core who would buy literally anything and several versions of it. To the rest of the UK public he's irrelevant.

Why the f*** would Morrissey need to hire "professional songwriters" you maniac!? Don't know why I'm asking you that as you bloody well know that he's a great songwriter! Well, you would if you actually listened to what he has to say! YOU MANIAC!!!

Why the f*** would Morrissey need to hire "professional songwriters" you maniac!? Don't know why I'm asking you that as you bloody well know that he's a great songwriter! Well, you would if you actually listened to what he has to say! YOU MANIAC!!!

I realise this is a very difficult day for you. You placed all your chips on LIHS being a success and now it's not. It's not going to help you ranting at me. Might I suggest a duvet day tomorrow? Spend the day in bed. Stop reading this thread as it only contrives to frighten you!!!

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom