"Low In High School" enters at #5 in UK album charts

Well, it’s come in at #5. Rather disappointing. I have to believe that if Moz weren’t constantly saying inflammatory comments, it would’ve done better. His sexual assault comments have been everywhere, and if people dove into the interview to see the context, they’d also have encountered his Berlin “rape capital” stuff. Perhaps someone who knows more about by the charts, sales, and all that could find a better explanation or analysis than I.

Excerpt from officialcharts.com article:

Morrissey picks up his 13th Top 10 record with Low in High School at Number 5. Low in High School was also the best-selling on vinyl and cassette this week.

Posted by SCL:

Now, official numbers for Low inHigh School:

No.5 UK Albums Chart: 25,728 copies sold
Nº1 UK Vinyl Albums Chart: vinyl 6,766

* World Peace. . . sold 18,762 during its 1st week

Last edited by a moderator:
This will definitely be regarded as a major FLOP! by Morrissey and no amount of equivocation by the Cult Of Morrissey in this thread will be any consolation to him.

Even with a major label publicity campaign and budget his latest album has landed at #5 whereas WPINOYB entered at #2. For an artist utterly obsessed with chart positions, this will sting. How much of these 1st week sales are to the Cult buying multiple coloured vinyl copies? Let's dig a little deeper. Here's some pointers to week 2 sales and they are likely to have Morrissey reaching for a stiff drink tonight.

Morrissey is currently #65 on Amazon UK CD sales chart:

Amazon.co.uk Best Sellers  The most popular items in CDs   Vinyl.png

It's now #37 on the UK ITunes chart.

There's no sign of it on the US Billboard Top 200.

In other words, after the first week sales to hardcore fans, this album is over & heading for oblivion.....

best
BB

ps: Where is the source for 30k first week sales in the UK?

Talking of people buying multiple copies... I think that only applies to vinyls anyway, and it looks like the CD and digital sales still outside World Peace. No deluxe edition of the CD (yet).

It has outsold World Peace by about 25% in the first week. It would have been number 1 on those sales for a lot of this past year (for several weeks, number one sold less than 20,000).

So, basically if it had been released in another week it would have been no.1 in the UK album and vinyl charts... still, at least it has outsold Taylor Swift.

fyi,
low in high school enters the german chart at number 15 which, i assume, is pretty good for german standards
screenshot-www.viva.tv-2017-11-24-19-29-19-991.png

and now back to listening to the music...
ps: i remember that at the berlin live concert, morrissey said that he hoped and prayed the album would make it to number 83 or 82 in the german chart, owtte. hope he doesnt feel let down now

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's fair to suggest had this received uniformly good reviews (like it should have) and had there been no bad press on Moz this would have sold a bit more. This simply is not the flop some were hoping. No, it's not some major comeback but it's a decent return. Especially since there's no hot single at the moment.

@BrummieBoy has just awoken from his afternoon nap to rate posts on this thread as "funny."

Come on Brumms, I expected more. Where's your dissertation? I'm dying to read another hilarious *smirk* 12 paragraph post on this topic. Tell us how a C lister shifted 30k units etc etc.

Well, you keep rating my posts as funny, so serves you right

if lots of people bought multiple copies, are we talking about 15k or less buying the album?

That's the key question to ask. It's answered by the likely 2nd week sales: abyssmal.

Morrissey is trying to flog 90,000 tickets to UK punters for his 2018 'arena tour'. Less than a third of that amount have currently shown any interest in buying the album he is touring to support. He is very firmly now a heritage act trading on his days in The Smiths. Nothing wrong with that other than the fact that Morrissey seriously thinks he should sell as many records as Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith. He has bitterly criticised their success, made excuses by blaming Harvest Records but he's run out of excuses tonight. This LIHS debacle comes after exactly the kind of Major Label PR offensive he claimed was preventing him from reaching the 'crass consumers' he railed against in his flop demo 'The Kid's A Looker'. The reality is that the general public aren't interested in this new music from Morrissey as they think it's crap. Don't expect him to take this news calmly....LOL!

BMG tried to force-feed Morrissey via UK media, including appearances on the most popular t.v programmes but the UK public aren't biting.....more LOLs! Morrissey claims the Major Labels can control public taste yet his Major Label LIHS fails to connect with the public.....sweet! What's the new excuse, Morrissey?

'Low In High School' is a FLOP!
The fact that it isn't as bit a flop as 'World Peace' is the sound of his cult fans clutching at straws at this new album sinks into the lower regions of the UK charts and has failed to register on the US chart.

*sips champagne & eats popcorn*

"There are no bands or singers who become successful without overwhelming marketing. There are no surprise success stories. Everything is stringently controlled, obvious and predictable and has exactly the same content," Morrissey said. "So, we are now in the era of marketed pop stars, which means that the labels fully control the charts, and consequently the public has lost interest. It's very rare that a record label does something for the good of music. Thus we are force-fed such as Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith, which at least means that things can't possibly get any worse. It is sad, though. There's no spontaneity now, and it all seems to be unsalvageable."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...h-things-cant-possibly-get-any-worse-20150710

#5, almost 30k and 11th top ten album! Well done! Better that his contemporaries and better than Taylor Swift's second week (#8). Any information from US charts?[/QUOTE]

Nowhere to be seen on Billboard 200. It's not doing very well on Amazon on Black Friday either! It's a US Flop!

Morrissey   Low In High School   Amazon.com Music.png

Dude, no it isn't. This sold 7k more than his last album from 3 years ago. That bucks the trend of decreasing sales year after year. You must not chart watch very much.

How many of those extra 7k sales were the multiple coloured vinyl/cassette versions sold to the crackpots here?

LOL!

It's FLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and has failed to register on the US chart.

Incorrect. Yeah I guess you don't know that in the states Billboard's chart comes out on Tuesday not Friday. It will be in the Top 10 for pure album sales and Top 20 SalesPlusStreaming. Mark my words.

That's the key question to ask. It's answered by the likely 2nd week sales: abyssmal.

Morrissey is trying to flog 90,000 tickets to UK punters for his 2018 'arena tour'. Less than a third of that amount have currently shown any interest in buying the album he is touring to support. He is very firmly now a heritage act trading on his days in The Smiths. Nothing wrong with that other than the fact that Morrissey seriously thinks he should sell as many records as Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith. He has bitterly criticised their success, made excuses by blaming Harvest Records but he's run out of excuses tonight. This LIHS debacle comes after exactly the kind of Major Label PR offensive he claimed was preventing him from reaching the 'crass consumers' he railed against in his flop demo 'The Kid's A Looker'. The reality is that the general public aren't interested in this new music from Morrissey as they think it's crap. Don't expect him to take this news calmly....LOL!

BMG tried to force-feed Morrissey via UK media, including appearances on the most popular t.v programmes but the UK public aren't biting.....more LOLs! Morrissey claims the Major Labels can control public taste yet his Major Label LIHS fails to connect with the public.....sweet! What's the new excuse, Morrissey?

'Low In High School' is a FLOP!
The fact that it isn't as bit a flop as 'World Peace' is the sound of his cult fans clutching at straws at this new album sinks into the lower regions of the UK charts and has failed to register on the US chart.

*sips champagne & eats popcorn*

"There are no bands or singers who become successful without overwhelming marketing. There are no surprise success stories. Everything is stringently controlled, obvious and predictable and has exactly the same content," Morrissey said. "So, we are now in the era of marketed pop stars, which means that the labels fully control the charts, and consequently the public has lost interest. It's very rare that a record label does something for the good of music. Thus we are force-fed such as Ed Sheeran and Sam Smith, which at least means that things can't possibly get any worse. It is sad, though. There's no spontaneity now, and it all seems to be unsalvageable."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...h-things-cant-possibly-get-any-worse-20150710
From what I read you are a cult fan, always monitoring the statistics of Morrissey record sales, always reviewing each album, individually by song, always having an opinion on Morrissey related news. Your without question a cult fan of Morrissey

Incorrect. Yeah I guess you don't know that in the states Billboard's chart comes out on Tuesday not Friday. It will be in the Top 10 for pure album sales and Top 20 SalesPlusStreaming. Mark my words.

I'm not following your logic. The album was released on 17th November. The Billboard site has charts for w/ending 25 November which is a Saturday. There is no sign of Morrissey in that chart. Please provide your source.

The Amazon US chart figure don't seem to support your optimism.

Crikey. A certain Salford lad going to be quite pissed at his record distributing company.

So, basically if it had been released in another week it would have been no.1 in the UK album and vinyl charts... still, at least it has outsold Taylor Swift.

Talk about desperation!

Taylor Swift is the biggest selling album of the year, but y'know...clutch at any straw that stops you drowning in Morrissey's tears as this album sinks without trace....

I'm not following your logic. The album was released on 17th November. The Billboard site has charts for w/ending 25 November which is a Saturday. There is no sign of Morrissey in that chart. Please provide your source.

Taylor Swift's album was released on the 10th and the current top 200 chart on their website lists the album debuting at #1. It doesn't have Taylor's 2nd week up yet. Morrissey was released on the 17th (Taylor's second week). He will debut on the chart when it's posted on Tuesday.

Further proof is that the chart currently posted doesn't show the new Tim McGaw & Faith Hill album which was also released on the 17th. It will chart at #2 Tuesday

This will definitely be regarded as a major FLOP! by Morrissey and no amount of equivocation by the Cult Of Morrissey in this thread will be any consolation to him.

Even with a major label publicity campaign and budget his latest album has landed at #5 whereas WPINOYB entered at #2. For an artist utterly obsessed with chart positions, this will sting. How much of these 1st week sales are to the Cult buying multiple coloured vinyl copies? Let's dig a little deeper. Here's some pointers to week 2 sales and they are likely to have Morrissey reaching for a stiff drink tonight.

Morrissey is currently #65 on Amazon UK CD sales chart:

View attachment 43006

It's now #37 on the UK ITunes chart.

There's no sign of it on the US Billboard Top 200.

In other words, after the first week sales to hardcore fans, this album is over & heading for oblivion.....

best
BB

ps: Where is the source for 30k first week sales in the UK?

Have to agree BB it's nothing to be proud of. It's a failure considering it had major label backing. One has to feel deeply sorry for all those "collectors" though who felt they had to lay down and take it in every hole, without them Stevo would have looked like an even bigger clown.
Hopefully Korda Marshall and B M G will take a leaf out of Steve Barnett's book and in the future all will be well.
Enjoy the bullshit replies on this thread but most of all enjoy the weekend in the Shire.
Yours on debunking

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

P S Spare a thought for Diesel and what he must be going through back in the hotel room :eek:

TROLL X 16
B'STARD X 27
GO 4CK YERSELF BENNY BUTT FACE X 39

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom