"Low In High School" drops from #5 to #48 in second week UK albums chart

WELL, AS WE ALL KNOW, REGARDLESS OF CHART POSITIONS AND REVIEWS, LIHS IS AN AMAZING ALBUM AND NOTHING CAN CHANGE THAT FACT FOR ALL THOSE THAT HEAR IT.

It certainly has several tracks that are not completely shit

Pretty much as expected.

One catchy single, that got isolated airplay (limited to a certain genre of station), not followed up with anything worthy of airplay (to a non-fan). When you take that and add a tonne of negative (possibly deserved) press... this will always be the result.

Only previous Moz fans will be buying this, and most will buy over the first 1-2 weeks. No killer single to capture any new fans, prior or post release. Will vanish off the radar in another week.

The above may sound harsh, but it's true. Which is a real shame, as I really wanted this to be Moz's next Quarry-esqe comeback album, but sadly the songs just aren't strong enough.

Why do you have such poor self confidence?

Why do you have such low self-esteem? Sounds better. You failed to answer my question, David.

But to answer yours, well, I don't. I guess you haven't read my posts. Confidence isn't something I lack, David. Psychology 101 might indicate that your seemingly rhetorical question exposes more about yourself that you'd care to admit. Self-projecting is a common defence mechanism, one might use it if they felt threatened by a stranger, asking them a personal question about their peculiar creepy behaviour.

There are three people reporting this as troll, because it's fact? Wut?
Because you and approximately a few other people seem to be frankly sad, sad, bitter people. (More on that in bit…no big words…I promise).

It’s funny. I am a hockey fan and hockey fans can be some of the most passionate folks I know even among hated rivals. But we can appreciate talent even though it may not be on “our” team.

That’s a point I hope you can see…..maybe?

I can attest that even on the sites of the team that you follow, fans of the opposing team NEVER, troll because that’s just being a f***ing DH that I guess most civilized people don’t do that.

So in summary, if you can’t appreciate the team, art, painting, car, sports team, rocket ship, etc. that others see…then frankly why to you waste your time? Go find what pleases you and enjoy it.

But, am sure this will fall on deaf ears, will be hated. Be good to yourself.

phew, that's not a good sign, I hope Morrissey realises this, and some changes for another album has to be made...also lyric wise it's not good as it was. I hope he gets the chance, BMG did very good and hard PR work,so it's time for Morrissey think it all over, adding that the video of Jacky was another low.

enjoy the weekend all, the album is not bad, but He made lots of better ones

As the Cult Of Morrissey moves towards the cliff-edge, expect more and more feverish denunciations of 'fake news' and 'statistics' from 'experts' in the domain of 'consensual reality' such as aggregate album sales, Metacritic scores or other such suspicious reportage. All that matters now is that 'the cult' doubles down on their absurd conspiracy theories which shield them from a painful awakening and destructive catharsis. No doubt the Supreme-Troll-Leader Morrissey will come to comfort with some blast at yet another inept record company/media lies/'clueless consumers etc. I'm waiting for a TTY-type rant about the fortcoming Harry-Meghan Royal Wedding. No doubt Morrissey is keeping this in the silo to pump up sales for his UK arena gigs where feckless, unworthy punters are showing resistance to paying over £1 a minute to watch him warble his way through his latest fake-clown pantomime whine about why he's a C List failure. Maybe Taylor Swift will take pity on him and invite him to support her at Etihad like wot U2 did at Glasto.

Any 'face news-truthiness/facts', such as reported sales of LIHS, confirmation of interview transcripts and other such heresies must be denied and suppressed by using 'troll' designation. The horrifying alternative is for 'the Cult' to realise that Morrissey's decades-long fraud is over.....there are 'alternative facts' as Kelly Ann would say....maybe she should do his PR...LOL!

BB

Did some obsessed troll say something? You're a part of the 'cult' as many others on here. The thing is you're spouting your drivel to about 40 regular users'. Now that's an achievement!

How long do albums by heritage acts with an enthusiastic fan base last in the charts nowadays as a rule?

Shame really as I thought Spent The Day In Bed was one of his better "single" releases this century. But ultimately if the album had been any good it would have stayed in the charts longer than the 3 weeks it will probably be in the Top 100 for.

In these days of Spotify you can try before you buy and to folks like me who only purchase music I either really like or wait till you can get 3 or 5 CDs for a fiver then this release sadly did not grab me.

Did some obsessed troll say something? You're a part of the 'cult' as many others on here. The thing is you're spouting your drivel to about 40 regular users'. Now that's an achievement!

Do you realise how many 'lurkers' visit this site without commenting in this 'hateful online creche'? My mission is to rescue any/all of them before they become part of The Cult Of Morrissey.

by the look of his sales of LIHS: Mission Accomplished!

The album’s grazing of the charts and inevitable relegation to the sell-off bin is easily rationalized. Hate to paint a vulgar picture but you bought 3-4 copies in different colours! ...plus a tacky badge. ...and so did all the other Moztards who continue taking it, in the hopes that - one day - they’ll get a reach-around.

The remaining sales will be a dribble. ...and if he doesn’t mind his manners, he’s likely to get dropped by more than just his latest record company. ...which, let’s face it, is well overdue.

Do you realise how many 'lurkers' visit this site without commenting in this 'hateful online creche'? My mission is to rescue any/all of them before they become part of The Cult Of Morrissey.

by the look of his sales of LIHS: Mission Accomplished!

The thought that so many have been saved from the cult is very rewarding.

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

I think bmg must be happy with the sales here and abroad or they wouldn't have put up the money for another video,those blue pyjamas don't come cheap,it will get a boost with the xmas market as well.

bbc 6 music have nothing at all from the new album on their playlist not even jacky -so that says its over before its begun to me

LIHS was 6 Music's album of the day when it was released. This was probably part of the deal the BBC did with BMG in order to get Morrissey to perform live.

I imagine that as a result of Morrissey's comments about the UKIP leadership contest during the gig, the BBC wanted to drop him like a stone.

BTW, in the current issue of the British satirical magazine Private Eye, there is a cartoon linking Morrissey's comments about the recent Hollywood sex scandals with the British retailer John Lewis' "MOZ" Christmas TV advert. Maybe someone cleverer than me can upload the advert and the cartoon?.

LIHS was 6 Music's album of the day when it was released. This was probably part of the deal the BBC did with BMG in order to get Morrissey to perform live.

I imagine that as a result of Morrissey's comments about the UKIP leadership contest during the gig, the BBC wanted to drop him like a stone.

BTW, in the current issue of the British satirical magazine Private Eye, there is a cartoon linking Morrissey's comments about the recent Hollywood sex scandals with the British retailer John Lewis' "MOZ" Christmas TV advert. Maybe someone cleverer than me can upload the advert and the cartoon?.

Here you go - cartoon on page 21 of Private Eye no 1458, 1 December 2017...

sI0WrtC.jpg

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom